UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach: Golovkin would not earn 10 cents on PPV

9/1/14 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.boxingscene.com/cottos-trainer-golovkin-t-ten-cents-on-ppv--81633

Miguel Cotto’s trainer Freddie Roach does not see a fight against Gennady Golovkin as profitable

"The thing is, they have not marketed the kid well. Nobody knows who he is. On pay-per-view he can’t do ten cents. Why fight a guy like that for no money? Unless he’s brining money to the table we’re not going to fight him”

Earlier, WBA president Mauricio Sulaiman stated that the winner of the upcoiming fight between Gennady Golovkin and Antonio Rubio would be a unification fight and the winner would face Miguel Cotto.

Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez, in turn, said that Cotto’s team has been making “all kinds of excuses” not to fight the Kazakhstani boxer.

But Cotto’s trainer sees a fight against Canelo Alvarez as the most promising and lucrative. Cotto’s next fight is scheduled to December 13 at Madison Square Garden. “If that happens, we’ll talk about Golovkin after that. We have no fear of him. He’s hittable, he can punch a little bit. He’s hittable and he doesn’t have a great defense. He’s a nice guy, a good fighter, real friendly guy and real polite. I met him a few times, he’s a really nice gentleman. But boxing wise he’s hittable and anyone who’s like that I feel Miguel can hurt,” Roach said.

Golovkin’s next fight will take place on October 18. The Kazakhstani undefeated boxer will face Marco Antonio Rubio in Los Angeles in a unification fight. The winner of the Golovkin-Rubio fight will face WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto in 2015

For more information see:http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Golovkin-nice-gentlemen-but-brings-no-money-Freddie-Roach-255843/
Use of the Tengrinews English materials must be accompanied by a hyperlink to en.Tengrinews.

9/1/14 11:59 AM
dios
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuses by Roach...he knows Cotto would get knocked out within 5 rounds against GGG....Cotto would have a better chance against Canelo which is why they're going for that fight...smart I guess in Roachs part Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 12:04 PM
Rambo John J
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your losing it Fred

I would pay for GGG.

Most exciting finisher in Combat sports.

Stalker with a gift for Knockout Power.

Technical skill and natural instincts like few ever.

GGG vs Floyd would be so epic
9/1/14 12:06 PM
DIAZ_BROS, AGENT'S_ADVICE
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wfa?? Still ggg is a beast Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 12:14 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - Your losing it Fred

I would pay for GGG.

9/1/14 12:15 PM
Lick Boners

GGG would maul Cotto to a late TKO but Roach is right, I don't think Gennady would do any special PPV numbers yet, atleast nothing in the ballpark that Cotto can draw
9/1/14 12:24 PM
BuddyRevell
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the Canelo fight, who other than rematches with the sport's top two cash cows Floyd and Pac would bring Cotto more money than a matchup with GGG?

9/1/14 5:22 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - Your losing it Fred

I would pay for GGG.

He's right though. GGG isn't known yet. He's a fucking monster, but a few more (big) fights would do him good to get his name out there. He's a special fighter and someone that can be a huge star with his style. Rubio is a good start for sure though. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 8:10 PM
Chappie
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roach is already formulating excuses to avoid GGG. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 8:25 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chappie - Roach is already formulating excuses to avoid GGG. Phone Post 3.0
This all day. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 8:31 PM
Zanzoken
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxing fans know who GGG is, and they know he would wreck Cotto... deep down Roach knows it too

nobody outside of Floyd and Ward is touching Golovkin
9/1/14 8:58 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Catch 22 Roach, how are they supposed to Market the Euro boxers, especially one as respectful as GGG. If his KO streak can't do any talking in Boxing, then the sport really does have a problem.

9/1/14 9:02 PM
VinegarStrokes
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In other words "I don't want Miguel to face a dangerous dude that could win"

9/1/14 9:12 PM
gokudamus

He knows that ggg would Kill cotto Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:45 PM
Chomas
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lick Boners - GGG would maul Cotto to a late TKO but Roach is right, I don't think Gennady would do any special PPV numbers yet, atleast nothing in the ballpark that Cotto can draw

agreed

9/1/14 9:57 PM
InTheWeedz

BDS Photography/Video, Owner
touch -

http://www.boxingscene.com/cottos-trainer-golovkin-t-ten-cents-on-ppv--81633

Miguel Cotto’s trainer Freddie Roach does not see a fight against Gennady Golovkin as profitable

"The thing is, they have not marketed the kid well. Nobody knows who he is. On pay-per-view he can’t do ten cents. Why fight a guy like that for no money? Unless he’s brining money to the table we’re not going to fight him”

Earlier, WBA president Mauricio Sulaiman stated that the winner of the upcoiming fight between Gennady Golovkin and Antonio Rubio would be a unification fight and the winner would face Miguel Cotto.

Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez, in turn, said that Cotto’s team has been making “all kinds of excuses” not to fight the Kazakhstani boxer.

But Cotto’s trainer sees a fight against Canelo Alvarez as the most promising and lucrative. Cotto’s next fight is scheduled to December 13 at Madison Square Garden. “If that happens, we’ll talk about Golovkin after that. We have no fear of him. He’s hittable, he can punch a little bit. He’s hittable and he doesn’t have a great defense. He’s a nice guy, a good fighter, real friendly guy and real polite. I met him a few times, he’s a really nice gentleman. But boxing wise he’s hittable and anyone who’s like that I feel Miguel can hurt,” Roach said.

Golovkin’s next fight will take place on October 18. The Kazakhstani undefeated boxer will face Marco Antonio Rubio in Los Angeles in a unification fight. The winner of the Golovkin-Rubio fight will face WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto in 2015

For more information see:http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Golovkin-nice-gentlemen-but-brings-no-money-Freddie-Roach-255843/
Use of the Tengrinews English materials must be accompanied by a hyperlink to en.Tengrinews.

I assure Freddy Roach, there is not ONE Boxing Fan that doesn't know who GGG is lol. hasn't he even covered Ring Magazine?

I understand where he's coming from though... GGG would STARCH Cotto.... I don't think Cotto would get past Canelo if that fight were to happen... Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 11:16 PM
huggy bear

I'm a huge Cotto fan and I think he could win a decision by out boxing GGG but wouldn't take that fight at this point in my career their is no upside to it Canelo Gona bring him way more money and if he gets KOed by GGG it's most likely his final fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:51 PM
gokudamus

huggy bear - I'm a huge Cotto fan and I think he could win a decision by out boxing GGG but wouldn't take that fight at this point in my career their is no upside to it Canelo Gona bring him way more money and if he gets KOed by GGG it's most likely his final fight. Phone Post 3.0

he cannot win a decision by outboxing ggg
9/2/14 1:22 PM
HenryO

Obviously Cotto is going to wait for Canelo since it seems he will be working with HBO soon

Golovkin is definitely getting his name out there, you dont have to draw on PPV to be a star
9/2/14 1:43 PM
jdindiana
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love watching GGG fight, but please don't make me add another PPV to my cable bill as I would obviously order it Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 1:59 PM
Strykr619

Edited: 09/02/14 1:59 PM
You people understand that Roach is generating Hype for a match up right?

GGG is unknown to the non fan, with Roach name dropping he will get GGG"s name out....

We all known that GGG would turn Cotto into a good boy....

Good boy nation represent!
9/2/14 2:12 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Makes sense. High risk, low reward.
9/2/14 5:09 PM
HenryO

UGCTT croy_00 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Makes sense. High risk, low reward.

The problem with fight sports in 2014

Id hardly say being the first 1 to beat Golovkin is a low reward, its more just they know Golovkin is too much for old Cotto

And contrary to Roach's point, for a guy from Kazakhtan who has yet to get a crack at a top name Golovkin has made a pretty good name for himself. 1.1mil, 1.4mil, 750 viewers last 3 fights on HBO. Pretty good til the Geale fight and hardly fighting big names in US. Id expect the Rubio fight will get a good rate
9/2/14 6:13 PM
RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta get paid if you're not confident in a victory, roach is being smart. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 6:16 PM
cld53

Cotto & company are ducking Golovkin. They know they'd get massacred in a bad way. I hate it, but it's smart. Golovkin would give Cotto the kind of beating that at his age he wouldn't be able to come back from.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.