UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Browne: I'm learning how to fight with Tarverdyan

17 days ago
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Travis Browne won three fights in a row, all by first round knockout, until he lost a decision to #1 contender Fabricio Werdum in April. Browne said he has not been back to Jackson's MMA since the loss, and has instead been training with Edmund Tarverdyan at Glendale Fight Club.

At a UFC 177 media event, Browne was asked what he learned from the loss.

"Honestly, I learned that, as a fighter, I know how to go out there and mess somebody up," a hesitant Browne began. "Like I just know how to get out there, and F stuff up. But I don't know how to fight. And that's one of the things that I'm learning right now.

"As a fighter, you don't want to admit that. But at the same time, I'm not looking to sit here comfortably in the #3 spot or #4 spot. I'm going for the championship. So every time I have a fight, I have to go back and dissect everything."

"I went through all the emotions after a loss. Freakin blaming everyone else. Blaming it on me... crying in the fetal position at night. You just go through all that kind of stuff. In that time, I tore my game apart, and asked my self how I would beat me.

"Now that's what we're working on. I'm learning how to fight."

Browne was then asked about Greg Jackson's camp.

"I haven't trained there since my fight," said Browne. "I've been hitting mitts actually with Edmund up in Glendale, and I haven't been back to Albuquerque to train... So that's where I've been hitting mitts and working out a lot. I've been going out and seeing Ricky Lundell, and working with Neal Melanson, for the grappling. Just figuring out what I need to do to further myself.

"I feel like I'm going to go back to Jackson's, to do my camps and stuff like that. But right now I'm working with Edmund. And who knows? At the end of the day, I might stay with Edmund and do a camp there. I'm just going to do what I need to do to go out there and win fights. Right now, working with Edmund, it's been an eye opener.

"I've been working the ins and outs of the fight game. Maybe a little more on the technical side... I'm going to learn how to fight and there's going to be some people in trouble."

17 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
smth416
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit misleading thread title imo Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
The Tiger Man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judging by Edmonds success with everyone not named Rousey I can't see how this is a bad idea Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
doerksenfan
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Browne ran into the best Werdum there's ever been, and there's absolutely no shame in that. Interested to see his next fight, but sometimes fighters try to reinvent the wheel after suffering a loss. Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
Bisping'sToiletCleaner
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who has edmund trained that has had any success besides rousey?

17 days ago
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Hapa all the best. Love watching him fight, but his performance against Werdum was painful. Hopefully he finds what he feels is missing.
17 days ago
KingMeNow

Well, expect him to go on a losing streak Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
json123

Wish the best for Browne and hopefully he works on his technique a bit more.
17 days ago
Slapsymaxi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would I put my finger across my throat? Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
XcessiveZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This doesn't sound like a very good idea.. Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
smth416 - Bullshit misleading thread title imo Phone Post 3.0

How is the thread title misleading?

Browne: "I don't know how to fight. And that's one of the things that I'm learning right now."

Browne: I'm learning how to fight with Tarverdyan

17 days ago
44 Magnum
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw his Werdum fight live and it wasn't like Browne didn't know what he was doing, Werdum is just that good.

I think he's going to give Cain a run for his money. He has all the tools.
17 days ago
Vulva Fabulous
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Browne: "I don't know how to fight. And that's one of the things that I'm learning right now."

It seems like the IN thing to do lately. I swear they just want you to come in and reply as if they accomplished something. I thought the title was 100% accurate. Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
TommyRSU
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous -
Kirik -

It seems like the IN thing to do lately. I swear they just want you to come in and reply as if they accomplished something. I thought the title was 100% accurate. Phone Post 3.0
I think you're both right. Thread title was spot on as well. I think there have been inconsistencies and it seems like you guys are addressing it and working on it.

Kudos. Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
gum989

This is NOT one of the thread titles to complain about.
17 days ago
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Thanks for the feedback. And keep the criticism coming. That is a big source of improvement.

17 days ago
ShanTheMan
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Thanks for the feedback. And keep the criticism coming. That is a big source of improvement.

Ok I guess......

You have a horrible haircut Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
Jimmy Wrassler
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems odd, I thought he had a pretty good jab already. 

17 days ago
tetris
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Browne is a fantastic fighter! Werdum just had an answer for everything on fight night and he is one of those fighters that can agitate anyone in the division. Long reach and great kicks with perfect timing and if you do get around that and get a takedown you are totally fucked. Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
dhughes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm hope it works out for him! Phone Post 3.0
17 days ago
Scott Elliott

The Tiger Man - Judging by Edmonds success with everyone not named Rousey I can't see how this is a bad idea Phone Post 3.0

This has got to either be sarcasm or you didn't type what you thought you did.
17 days ago
Scott Elliott

Bisping'sToiletCleaner - 

who has edmund trained that has had any success besides rousey?

THIS. If anything, he ruins fighters by trying to change their game and make them leave their strengths for what he prefers. Ronda is successful because of her previous background, NOT because of him.
17 days ago
dhughes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/14 8:34 PM
Scott Elliott - 
The Tiger Man - Judging by Edmonds success with everyone not named Rousey I can't see how this is a bad idea Phone Post 3.0

This has got to either be sarcasm or you didn't type what you thought you did.

Where's "SarcasmMisser" when you need him? Haven't seen that guy post in a while.
17 days ago
ProctorMMA
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not very bright.
17 days ago
gokudamus

He's gonna stand in punching distance with his hands down and no head movement. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.