UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why Cruz vs Dillashaw will be one of the...

9/1/14 8:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mobycar
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greatest matchups of all time!!! If you appreciate great footwork, speed, feints and defense then this will be a fight for the ages!!
On paper this is a very competitive fight for both guys. Both guys work incredibly hard and have the attitude of champions. While Dillashaw has more killer instinct than dom he will not outlast dominick in pace.

Also I want to note that you can see that dillashaw studied Cruz's footwork and has emulated it almost perfectly into his offensive game.

Sadly this fight will not get the recognition it deserves. If Cruz wins his next fight he will prob get a title shot.... I cant fucking wait!!!!!
9/1/14 9:00 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cannot WAIT for this fight! It's going to be awesome and I'm a big fan of both guys Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:05 PM
CheckinHose
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Assuming Dom gets through Mitzugaki. Don't jinx it Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:12 PM
VinegarStrokes
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dom gets through Mizugaki and looks 100% I want to see htis fight.

9/1/14 9:22 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to assess Cruz's performance against Mizugaki first before getting excited for that match up.

9/1/14 9:26 PM
snookerbank
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gel up that widow's peak and lets throwdown.

Uriah Faber Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:54 PM
hendofanforlife(LMBBchamp!)
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets just hope he makes it through the next couple weeks of training 

9/1/14 9:54 PM
doerksenfan
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwentyNineTwentyEight -

I have to assess Cruz's performance against Mizugaki first before getting excited for that match up.

This.

Looked it up, and Mizugaki has gotten in 18 rounds of fighting while Dom has been out. Very excited for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:58 PM
KnockoutThoughts
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As others have said, let's see which Cruz enters the cage first. Just like BJ Penn was a flimsy shell of his former self in his first fight back, Cruz's extended hiatus might impact him similarly, if not worse. He's been off for years. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 10:19 PM
BeauTown

If cruz is his old self tj is in for a bad night! Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 10:34 PM
BooZe

doerksenfan -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

This.

Looked it up, and Mizugaki has gotten in 18 rounds of fighting while Dom has been out. Very excited for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:06 AM
domernd1
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure exactly how that would go. But if styles do make fights, Barao is lucky he never faced Cruz. Cause Cruz has been dance battling people into a living death for a lot longer than Dillashaw. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:12 AM
xsrg95
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CheckinHose - Assuming Dom gets through Mitzugaki. Don't jinx it Phone Post 3.0

mizugaki wins by spilt decision haha
9/2/14 12:25 AM
flemingo
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnockoutThoughts - As others have said, let's see which Cruz enters the cage first. Just like BJ Penn was a flimsy shell of his former self in his first fight back, Cruz's extended hiatus might impact him similarly, if not worse. He's been off for years. Phone Post 3.0

yeah but i don't think he's been to a camp that has thrown out everything that made him an excellent fighter he also wasn't knocked out horribly in his last few fights
9/2/14 12:39 AM
Easters
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be a perfect fight for big Fox. UFC needs to start putting big fights on there again Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 8:23 AM
AdmiralCackbar
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three year layoff + repeated injuries = never the same fighter again.
9/2/14 8:36 AM
AK-BJJ

It'll be awesome or it'll be hilarious watching them move around and not make physical contact for 25 minutes lol... It'll look like one of those video game glitches
9/2/14 9:24 AM
HitchieG
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mizugaki but I really hope Cruz wins cos I think it would be an amazing fight. It'd be easy to forget how good Cruz is what with 3 years out but really hope he come back as good as he was.

With the addition of Soto and possibly Cejudo moving up to 135 and Assuncao/caraway coming up as well 135 is really interesting right now. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:26 AM
BubblesNS
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnockoutThoughts - As others have said, let's see which Cruz enters the cage first. Just like BJ Penn was a flimsy shell of his former self in his first fight back, Cruz's extended hiatus might impact him similarly, if not worse. He's been off for years. Phone Post 3.0
I think Cruz is much stronger mentally than BJ (no dis to BJ). I have high hopes he will do well in his return fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:45 PM
mobycar

BubblesNS - 
KnockoutThoughts - As others have said, let's see which Cruz enters the cage first. Just like BJ Penn was a flimsy shell of his former self in his first fight back, Cruz's extended hiatus might impact him similarly, if not worse. He's been off for years. Phone Post 3.0
I think Cruz is much stronger mentally than BJ (no dis to BJ). I have high hopes he will do well in his return fight. Phone Post 3.0

I have to agree with this.
Also another thing... you know how guys ballon up in weight when they are not fighting for a while.... esp when they have had knee surgery??
We have all seen Cruz at the fox analyst table for the time he was off... the guy looks like hes been in shape the whole time!!! Hard to see with the suit on but his face never puffed out like all the other guys do when they are in their offseason. Clearly hes eating right and etc. Thats a true champion!! Still keeping himself focused this whole time.
9/2/14 12:48 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan

One will circle left, the other right, resulting in a headbutt ko via good foot work. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:49 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan

mobycar -
BubblesNS - 

I have to agree with this.
Also another thing... you know how guys ballon up in weight when they are not fighting for a while.... esp when they have had knee surgery??
We have all seen Cruz at the fox analyst table for the time he was off... the guy looks like hes been in shape the whole time!!! Hard to see with the suit on but his face never puffed out like all the other guys do when they are in their offseason. Clearly hes eating right and etc. Thats a true champion!! Still keeping himself focused this whole time.
He has had a couple partial training camps I believe but you are right. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 1:59 PM
Jay Haas
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like that fight a lot ... Would see some crazy striking!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 2:03 PM
AlmandoLio

Cruz by whatever he wants.... Phone Post 3.0
9/16/14 2:33 AM
BubblesNS

Ive been watching some of cruz's fights and getting very pumped for this matchup. Hope cruz comes back to 100%. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.