UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gus not impressed by Rumble, Needs more Wins

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/2/14 4:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thestoebz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

And No I am Canadian and fans of neither guy. DC is my horse, and I wouldn't pick AJ as a favorite vs Gus, but it's not some slaughter like you seem to be trying to prove is the factual result of that fight by "Time since last lost" and "He lost to Vitor"

A bunch of people lost to TRT Vitor that are pretty good. He also completely destroyed a fighter that Rashad and Bader couldn't put a dent in, in 30 seconds with boxing which apart from his weight, was his main weakness. Gus Wrestling is his weakness in comparison. The key is who is better at the other's strength, and thus a close legit fight, and if need to troll away my points, I'm already expecting it.

Well DC is my favorite fighter. We can agree on one thing.
9/2/14 4:30 AM
ChaosOverkill
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/14 4:35 AM

Fine, I disagree, I find Rumble's learning curve to be jsut as adequate, despite his flaws, I think if a fast, power striker with better wrestling fights Gus, he is in major trouble not beat but trouble, that's not forum sway that's how I see it from my own analysis. The same way I think DC beats gus only faster and more vicious. 

9/2/14 4:34 AM
BeauTown

Like Gus but this is a bad move by him, makes him look scared! He should have just worded it " I'm not taking any fights besides the title" leave it at that now he just looks bad and I doubt he will even get the shot if AJ goes against someone like Bader and knocks his head off Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 4:35 AM
ChaosOverkill
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/14 4:36 AM

Styles are the reason I put Anthony in the mix, because he can do what none of the top guys can do as fast, and that is bully guys like no other, and stuff a level change. Is his head in a right place to keep him there. We'll see.

Vitor fails on the same bullying and gassing problem, but if he corners you, there's a good chance you lose when he's on his TRT.

9/2/14 4:36 AM
thestoebz

ChaosOverkill - 

Fine, I disagree, I find Rumble's learning curve to be jsut as adequate, despite his flaws, I think if a fast, power striker with better wrestling fights Gus, he is in major trouble not beat but trouble, that's not forum sway that's how I see it from my own analysis. The same way I think DC beats gus only faster and more vicious. 

And I'm not saying rumble is bad, just that he has glaring flaws imo. Maybe a good win would sway me. I see him as a solid top 10 but not top 5 yet, even if he is ranked as such.
9/2/14 4:37 AM
ChaosOverkill

thestoebz - 
ChaosOverkill - 

And I'm not saying rumble is bad, just that he has glaring flaws imo. Maybe a good win would sway me. I see him as a solid top 10 but not top 5 yet, even if he is ranked as such.

That's fair, he should have fought Glover, the UFC is dumb.

9/2/14 4:57 AM
thestoebz

Gulping the LayNBaderade - 
thestoebz - 
ChaosOverkill - 

He might have flaws, but they sure as hell aren't "glaring."

He went 3 full Rounds with Phil Davis and looked pretty damn good, so his cardio is definitely improved. If anything, Gus showed more flaws leading to his title shot than Rumble has at 205 so far.

Everyone has hopped on Gus' wagon, but leading up to the Jones fight almost no one gave him a chance.

i am not on the Gus bandwagon but i think he'd make Rumbles striking look elementary tbh.
9/2/14 5:16 AM
Dr Lee
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh, big fan of Gus but this doesn't help him. He should just realise that he is getting screwed whatever he does and make the best out of the crappy situation. That means staying active. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 5:42 AM
Dave3ill

All the ass licking many of you Gus fans do on all his social network accounts has blown his head up. His sense of entitlement are reaching new levels every time he speaks now.
9/2/14 5:45 AM
madmav
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

forget gus vs rumble.. let's talk about rumble vs vitor at 205.. now that is a fight i wanna see.
9/2/14 6:14 AM
SimonSu

A fight that can happen in Sweden,

- If they guarantee me a title fight in Sweden, I can wait 3 years. Then it doesn't matter, says Gustafsson

- I make money by fighting, but money does not motivate me. It will never motivate me. I want to be the best in the world and nothing else, and then the only guy who matters is Jon Jones.

But according to ”The Mauler” it does not give him anything to face Johnson, and he is tired of all the talks that he is ducking the american.

- I have faced both better and worse opponents. If this fight would have taken me somewhere I would have been the first to accept it.

”What do you think about him as an opponent?”

- Since he (AJ) got back to the UFC after been kicked out he has beaten Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, who passed his expiration date a long time ago and Phil Davis. He needs a couple more fights.

We are not in the school yard anymore, its not about who is the toughest but about my career, which I want to last for a long time. You have to think tactical, and that means you cant go in and just swing at every random guy who wants it.
9/2/14 6:33 AM
Lick Boners

Lol, I wonder why he fought Manuwa without any whining or bringing up Jimi's level of opponents
9/2/14 6:50 AM
NorthFromHere
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LHW title fight taking place in Sweden with Gus as a challenger, not the champion, is just silly talk.
9/2/14 3:26 PM
Dave3ill

Lick Boners - Lol, I wonder why he fought Manuwa without any whining or bringing up Jimi's level of opponents

lmao

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.