UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vadim: we're eyeing M-1 and Bellator copromotion

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/2/14 8:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
1492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/14 8:10 AM

http://mmaboxing.ru/8879-1.html

- There is a new president in Bellator: Bjorn Rebney was replaced by your old acquaintance Scott Coker. Did you contact him? Are you planning to cooperate and hold co-promoted events?

- Of course, we have already talked, and I have congralutat him on his new position. We'll possibly find common grounds. I beleive it would be interesting to hold a co-promoted Bellator / M-1 event, for example, once a year. In a format of five ?-1 fighters versus five Bellator fighters. I'm sure our guys would do good as they are high-level fighters. Actually, we are already in negotiations with Polish KSW promotion. May be, such event will be held with this organization. But I will most certainly propose it to Coker. Previous Bellatir president completely ignored all our letters, didn't want to contact us, gave us a hostile reception, was in litigation with us all the time. But Coker is an experienced entrepreneur, business man and good person, that is why I think that we would find something in common.

touch.

9/2/14 8:51 AM
cantuna4u
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vadummy. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:11 AM
Dawkins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bellator signs a deal with M-1, they are as good as dead.
9/2/14 9:17 AM
xsrg95
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bellator in russia would be kinda cool
9/2/14 9:18 AM
Brigham
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't the partnership with M1 basically kill Strikeforce? Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:19 AM
Wriggling Grunion

Bellator needs more one dimensional, low level Slavic kickboxers.

9/2/14 9:22 AM
iemitremmusi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha. M1 by Dim Mak death punch. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:23 AM
ABE FROMAN

This guy always shows up when there is money to be made off of piggybacking.

9/2/14 9:24 AM
CurtisTheConqueror
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This can only mean one thing, Fedor vs. Kimbo! It's coming Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:24 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Would be cool if it gets Fedor out of retirement. Not sure who he could fight though.
9/2/14 9:31 AM
Brigham
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Would be cool if it gets Fedor out of retirement. Not sure who he could fight though.
It might but who would he face? We would still never see him fight in the UFC against the people he should be fighting Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 9:34 AM
Gullivers Travels
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell would Bellator get out of this? Fedor is irrelevant when it comes to the HW landscape, and as interesting as it would be for him to come back, Bellator doesn't have any intriguing fights for him.

Sure, they'd probably get increased European/Russian exposure, but the US is the biggest mma market and they still need to focus on that.
9/2/14 10:16 AM
Knuckle Punch
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only spots on Fedor's record were last few in Strikeforce. I doubt he will come running back just because Coker is with Bellator. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 10:29 AM
newtotheinterweb

They'd bring someone in with a bit of a name who was Taylor made for fedor to smash. Some past his prime former big name. Maybe cro cop or someone like that. Or set up the couture fedor fight finally. Both guys would be interested I'd say Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 10:46 AM
TheImmortalStocktonSlap
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did M-1 kill Strikeforce? Can anyone enlighten me Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 10:48 AM
Nexuscrawlers
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think they would have fedor fight. Probably just other Russian fighters Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 11:11 AM
Arlovskis Chin
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor vs Tito. Make it happen. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 11:13 AM
Axel Foley
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this when they start listing the favorable matchups they'd want to have? Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 11:18 AM
ABE FROMAN

This is when the extortion starts to happen. Maybe Bellator will build M1 a stadium.

9/2/14 11:20 AM
SmackyBear
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheImmortalStocktonSlap - How did M-1 kill Strikeforce? Can anyone enlighten me Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't say it killed them, but it was a contributing factor. Read what Mike Afromowitz, a top ST exec, had to say in an interview.

Encarnacao: The M-1 Global co-promotional deal to bring in Emelianenko saw M-1 take 50 percent of revenue of shows he fought on, and it didn’t seem the rights fees from Showtime would cover anywhere near the costs.

Afromowitz: I can’t go into details for obvious reasons, but I think you get the picture. I think it was a deal that made it very difficult to be profitable from. So getting Fedor from a branding perspective was huge, and that was a risk that was, at the time, necessary to take. That was the biggest acquisition we had made as a company. Right away, signing Fedor put our company, put Strikeforce, in that many more households. Just the name Strikeforce -- it got out there. The same [thing happened] with Herschel Walker, signing Herschel Walker. Those are ... there are certain names that when you attach yourself to, it just elevates your brand and it takes things to new level. And, so, it’s an investment that, at the time, seemed like an investment that was necessary.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/interviews/Beatdown-An-Interview-with-Mike-Afromowitz-35090
9/2/14 11:34 AM
DIAZ_BROS, AGENT'S_ADVICE
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are they any relevant fighters for m1?? They dont even have the crazy muslim russians fighting for them any more.... Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:55 PM
whooleeo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im glad coker said he is willing to copromote with anyone and is going to try his best to build the bellator brand... im sure he has learned from the mistakes made in strikeforce in chopping off an arm and a leg to get fedor. At this point in time i dont see anyone that is relevant from m1 thatll help bellator... maybe copromote with them to get frodo a fight and get on better term with him??? Thats about it for me
9/2/14 1:15 PM
doerksenfan
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh oh, time for Coker to pay Vadim's "protection" fee. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 1:16 PM
Rambo John J
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe fedor will do a 2 0n 1 match vs Tito and Rampage?
9/2/14 2:35 PM
Uchi

Co promotion will benefit M-1, and not Bellator. Given that their only own marketable commodity is retired, M1 needs to donate talent to Bellator at their cost to establish a western fanbase and recognition for some products. M1 continues to overvalue their product and looks to piggyback on the established brand of a western partner just to benefit them back home.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.