UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Knapp: Cris Justino on schedule to make 135

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/3/14 10:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

criscyborg
Starting to realize I am going to need a new bikini sponsor when I make 135lbs

1,023 others like this.

Invicta Fighting Championship 145 lb champion Cristiane Justino will make her debut vs. TBA at 135 at Invicta FC 10 in December, live on UFC Fight Pass.

If Justino shows she can consistently make weight at 135, and perform successfully, a fight with UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is highly likely.

“Everything seems to be on schedule,” said Invicta founder and CEO Knapp to Tristen Critchfield for Sherdog.com. “She is pumped up and ready; she is making her way. She wants that fight with Ronda. She is putting in the hard work, the time and the effort to get that fight. I think she’s very focused on getting to where she needs to be and where she needs to go to have that matchup.”

“As she really starts into that hard cut of the weight, we want to document that; we want to take the fans on that journey with her and let them see. She’s a tremendous athlete. A lot of people have negative stuff to say; they kick her around [about] muscle mass and stuff like that.

“This is one of the hardest working athletes – I’m not saying hardest working female athlete – I’m telling you she’s one of the hardest working athletes I have ever had the opportunity to witness.”

“Provided that she does make that weight -- if we can get that matchup between her and Ronda, this is going to be a fight that people are not going to forget. If you ask me, this is the biggest female fight there is out there and will be out there for years to come.”

“These two don’t like each other. If you take a look at what happened with Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, that skyrocketed the interest in that. The interest is already here with Cris and Ronda. Whether you like Cris and hate Ronda or vice versa...people want to see this fight. How the fight goes, who knows? But what I do know is the anticipation for this matchup, if it does get set, people are going to be incredibly excited for this fight.”

So what do you think UG? Does it look like Cris Justino can make 135? And if so, will the UFC sign her to fight Rousey?

9/3/14 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheImmortalStocktonSlap
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe she will make 135, but I still want to know why she said she would die if she tried it. Was that just a weird tactic to use as a negotiating ploy to get the fight at 145? Sounds like a Toto idea. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 10:51 AM
TheImmortalStocktonSlap
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito* Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 10:58 AM
TheImmortalStocktonSlap

Pitbull3744 -

In for all the shit talk that cyborg gets, and im not sure why because she seems like a naturally good nice person.  Oh yeah she tested positive for peds like 1000s of mma fighters oh but she is a woman so its so much worse lol.  

She will Handle Ronda with Ease and the UG will explode for at least 2 days. 

They don't care, look at Wanderlei man. Perfect example, nicest guy, runs from a drug test and suddenly no one respects him anymore and no one is a fan of his, bullshit bullshit bullshit Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 10:59 AM
msepejr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda finishes cyborg easily. Phone Post
9/3/14 11:09 AM
moss_4h
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheats = naturally good nice person

lol
9/3/14 11:11 AM
msepejr

Pitbull3744 -
msepejr -  Ronda finishes cyborg easily. Phone Post

Im glad you think that because when the pay pal bets begin i expect you to back this up.  

That's fine...I'll take that bet...Rousey will destroy Justino! Phone Post
9/3/14 11:13 AM
Daverr

moss_4h - cheats = naturally good nice person

lol

Well ronda hasnt cheated that we know and nobody likes her

goes to show you you dont have to cheat to be hated
9/3/14 11:14 AM
CapnKindBud

I'll believe it when I see it. If Cyborg EVER hits the scale at 135, that means that her roid muscles have dwindled and her ONLY proven skill ( the ability to swarm a weaker opponent with overhand rights) will also have dwindled.
I hope that she makes weight along with a huge hype train . Then maybe I'll get a decent line when I bet on Ronda. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 11:17 AM
moss_4h
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daverr - 
moss_4h - cheats = naturally good nice person

lol

Well ronda hasnt cheated that we know and nobody likes her

goes to show you you dont have to cheat to be hated

not talking about popularity here..
9/3/14 11:20 AM
CapnKindBud

The Brazilian Flu - Let me paint the picture for you:

After 2 rounds of rousey trying to get her stand up game going, she finally commits to her judo. She's got cyborg backing up, goes in with a flurry to get a hold of cris, cyborg counters and pushes Ronda against the cage. What follows is a nick Diaz style of punch in bunches with the head kick heard around the world to finish rousey in the 3rd. Phone Post 3.0
Wake up, you are still asleep and dreaming.
The reality will be : a much weaker Cyborg attempts to swarm Ronda, gets put in the clinch where Ronda easily ragdolls Cyborg to the ground and within 30-40 seconds clamps on an armbar which then elicits a mind bending low frequency bellow from deep in the cyborg belly as she taps with furious speed and excruciating pain.
Cyborg at 135 is an easy first round sub for Ronda. She will walk through the arm punches and knee her to the liver. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 11:30 AM
moss_4h

Pitbull3744 - 
moss_4h - cheats = naturally good nice person

lol
Ummm yeah just look at Chael Sonnen, huge cheat but a great guy otherwise.

Did u think u were being witty or funny? Phone Post 3.0

neither, i just had a good laugh at that.. maybe we just have a different take on what a 'naturally good nice person' is lol
9/3/14 11:41 AM
Kid Salami
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Cyborg made 135? Ok. Now if she can win a few more fights.."

Dana Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 11:43 AM
UGCTT_CrestRio
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moss_4h -
Pitbull3744 - 
moss_4h - cheats = naturally good nice person

lol
Ummm yeah just look at Chael Sonnen, huge cheat but a great guy otherwise.

Did u think u were being witty or funny? Phone Post 3.0

neither, i just had a good laugh at that.. maybe we just have a different take on what a 'naturally good nice person' is lol
You are just having the giggles today. Also alot of naturally good people can still cheat at things.

I guess you are referring to morales, where everyone else is talking about them being just chill people. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 12:06 PM
Ramsey

Does Cyborg lose her strength at 135? Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 12:12 PM
Toquinho
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MY EYES Ahhhhgggh!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 12:13 PM
Seats Taken
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that bottom pic she looks hot as hell... Except that man hand.... Still would. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 12:13 PM
Koga

Why is she fighting "TBA" instead of Gomes at 135? If she fights some nobody, she does not earn a shot at Rousey, Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 1:05 PM
CapnKindBud

Pitbull3744 -
msepejr -  Ronda finishes cyborg easily. Phone Post

Im glad you think that because when the pay pal bets begin i expect you to back this up.  

I'll be there with pay pal ready to take some cash too . Ronda is at a higher level than Cyborg . And at 135, Cyborg loses her best weapon. PLEASE allow me to also bet you. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 1:18 PM
RobbieFlushedTheBrownDown
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you be a naturally good person and a cheater? I have more respect for heroine addicts than I do pro athletes that use steroids. These "athletes" are taking money from honest athletes, signing sponsorship deals then hurting the sponsor, and ultimately jeopardizing the legitimacy of their entire sport. They are selfish individuals who don't care about anything other than themselves . That to me is the opposite of a naturally good person. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 1:29 PM
blakemp

Koga - Why is she fighting "TBA" instead of Gomes at 135? If she fights some nobody, she does not earn a shot at Rousey, Phone Post 3.0

What are you talking about? Cyborg is a dominant / long-reigning champion - that alone earns her a title shot. She's not taking a fight at 135 to prove herself; she's only trying to prove that she can make the weight.
9/3/14 1:32 PM
RobbieFlushedTheBrownDown
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
RobbieFlushedTheBrownDown - How can you be a naturally good person and a cheater? I have more respect for heroine addicts than I do pro athletes that use steroids. These "athletes" are taking money from honest athletes, signing sponsorship deals then hurting the sponsor, and ultimately jeopardizing the legitimacy of their entire sport. They are selfish individuals who don't care about anything other than themselves . That to me is the opposite of a naturally good person. Phone Post 3.0

Well since every pro athlete is using some type of PED i guess you hate them all and if you dont think they all use SOMETHING 

Well allow me to break the news to you

Santa Claus Isnt real

You're a jackass. Rationalizing that something is right because you say everyone is doing it is complete bullshit. Wrong is wrong. Good people don't cheat. You're full of shit and arguing just for the sake of arguing. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/14 1:35 PM
crumbs
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
Ramsey - Does Cyborg lose her strength at 135? Phone Post 3.0

Not if she does the weight cut right and hydrates properly.  

Does she lose her "special" strength at 135 is the real question, are we looking at chicken neck cyborg aka Vitor.

Cutting weight and hydrates properly might apply to DC cutting naturally, but I think we all know what everyone is thinking, is she going lose that steroid power having to cut down to 135.

And If vitor and overeem can give us any indication, then the answer is probably yes. Either way ,can't wait till she makes 135 and keeps winning, I want to see that cyborg/Rousey fight!!
9/3/14 1:36 PM
Wasa-B
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either way, this fight has everyone into it. Needs to happen.
9/3/14 1:43 PM
GelderdEnd

Seats Taken - Damn that bottom pic she looks hot as hell... Except that man hand.... Still would. Phone Post 3.0
I wondered how far down the page I would have to wait til someone said they would....I didn't quite know what to do with my eyes....

Unzipped anyway Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.