UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Cowardice question

6/16/03 9:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jun-03 03:51 PM
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.

This via the internet thought it was interesting... ======== Tony, From what I gather from you, your view on things; your "philosophy" for lack of a better word, I get the feeling that if I hypothetically reasoned and rationalized that a situation on the streets was clearly not in my favor and I opted to run away you would not see me as a coward. That said, how would you define a true coward? Ollie ++++ Running strategically is tactical. Cowardice would be looking the other way when you didn't need to, an indifference, avoidance, in other words: knowing what you should do and doing nothing about it. Tony
6/16/03 12:31 PM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jun-03
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
I have seen people turn and run in panic from aggression when they did not have to, when they had the skills to take care of the job but lacked the will. No big deal I guess, if the only thing that is at risk is their own safety. But when others lives hang in the balance, and you know what you can & should do, and you don't....... Kind of ties into the "Be Your Own Bodyguard" maxim. Fletch
6/24/03 10:15 PM
stepuptotheplate

Edited: 24-Jun-03
The term coward is probably a subjective one, at any rate. It is often misplaced and overused. What matters in the end, is doing what you feel is best for you, as a matter of personal choice. Whether that involves protecting someone elses life, or your own life, it depends on your own thoughts and desires at the time. In our lives, we will all have, both fear and courage. The struggle with these in terms of balance and surender at moments of crisis is what will define us, by others and ourselves.
6/28/03 11:50 AM
EntryTeam

Edited: 28-Jun-03
To know what is right and do otherwise is to want of courage. -confuscious
7/3/03 3:15 PM
Sean Mulligan

Edited: 03-Jul-03
ttt. Sean
8/12/04 12:51 PM
Sam Pai Kenpo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Aug-04
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.