UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Extending Flow????

7/1/03 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaRealSunTzu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jul-03

thanks for the help on my last thread many moons ago… I feel I have made great improvements… now… I'm watching film of my fight as well as others… and I can see myself as well as the other athletes flowing well… some better than others… some athlete seem to be able to get off a 7+ move combination while other stopped at 3… just as an example... i figured that maybe the one throwing the most strikes were just throwing them as they learned them until i watch more carefully... they were indeed striking open area and making correct decisions as to whats open... so I guess my questions are… what as far as training would enable an athlete to flow PAST a previous limit?… are there protocals that can be used in training to extend an athletes flow beyond his stopping point that he holds now?… I'm hoping this make sense...
7/3/03 11:08 PM
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jul-03
I would focus on the form of my biomechanical drills. Perfect each aspect of each drill and use your creativity to make logical Kinetic chain flows. Within your biomechanical drills, you have your breathing, structure and movement. If your movement is perfect,focus on your alignment, if your alignment is perfect, focus on your breathing. If everything is perfect within your form, sophistocate your kinetic chain. I think you get the point. Perfection of form, sophistocation of your movement drills and your "flow" will increase naturally. Just my opinion.
7/15/03 9:35 AM
DaRealSunTzu

Edited: 15-Jul-03
what about during partner practice?...
7/19/03 9:38 AM
RichardWagner

Edited: 19-Jul-03
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.