UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Need Help: Relaxation & Breathing

7/1/03 10:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Surfer Joe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jul-03

Hello all. I have a problem when I train jiu-jitsu and especially when I compete. I have a tendency to tense up and hold my breath. This makes me gas really quickly and seriously affects my performance. I don't think my cardio is that bad but I do have EIA Asthma that probably does affect it also. Is there anything that Scott has that could be beneficial to me? I've been to this forum a couple of times and heard some things from some people (both good and bad). To be truthful, I've for the most part just didn't pay attention mostly because I don't understand half the lingo that he or this forum talks about. I've heard a little bit about the Grappler's Toolbox and maybe that can help me. Also the Zdorovye Movement, Posture and Breathing Training looks interesting. I am just at a point of frustration with my performance that I need something to help me whether it be breathing exercises or relaxation techniques. I'm going to try something (I promise) and I'll let the forum know what I honestly think about it. I figure it's worth a shot. Surfer Joe Also, does anybody have a quick summary of the videos that Scott sells (what it's about and what it works on etc...)? I went to the website but need somebody to explain it in dumbman terms to me :) Clubbell Training for Circular Strength Maximology Grapplers Toolbox Be Breathed Warrior Wellness Zdorovye Movement, Posture and Breathing Training Movement Health Effortless Running
7/2/03 2:48 AM
Jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jul-03
I had similar issue, here is the thread on the Rmax forum where Scott discussed this with me. I will post a thread about my progress, I have forgotten to do so, but I will only do it on the Rmax forum.
7/3/03 11:01 PM
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jul-03
You seem like a perfect person for the "Maximology" series. This will explain the entire system to you and give you an idea of where you want to go from there. But, you can't look at it for moves, exercises or techniques, rather look at it like an education course. Study it. Review each aspect several times. I then suggest purchasing the book "Body Flow". After reviewing the video, the book will be very logical to you. But again, study it. If I were ordering for you, I'd get you "Maximology" first, then the book "Body Flow", then GTB Solo Drills, then the book "Circular Strength Training". The bottomline is you must be courageous enough and hungry enough to expand your knowledge and "take a risk". Life is a risk. Sometimes, you just have to jump and be secure enough to know you'll be alright, no matter what.
7/19/03 9:38 AM
RichardWagner
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jul-03
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.