UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Attn. John Clendenin

4/29/02 9:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tysaw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Apr-02

John, you asked me about Tabata interval training protocols. I mentionded Clarence Bass's website. Also, if you go to www.straightblastgym.com they have a coaches corner that has a great discussion of the same training principles (with a program from start to finish). Also, if you go to www.crossfit.com and got to the archived daily workouts you will see boatloads of workouts...go to the last column, work up from the bottom and you will see various workouts that incorporate tabata intervals. Hope this helps! Bruce
4/30/02 7:29 PM
John Clendenin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Apr-02
tysaw, My cup runneth over :) I checked out the Bass articles last night, and appreciate the extra info. Btw, did you start Tabata intervals in preparation for the tournament, or had they been part of your regimen already? If they were are already a regular part of your workout, how often were you doing them?
4/30/02 10:00 PM
tysaw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Apr-02
John, they were a regular part of my supplemental training. When not preparing for a tournament, I would do them twice per week. For limited time (apprx. 5 weeks) I did 4x per week. This was in addition to my rolling, and gym work (deads, DB snatches, pullups, dips). I varied the exercises that I would use to prevent burnout and boredom. I suggest 1-2 times per week, but really do the intervals with full intensity and tenacity! Bruce

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.