UnderGround Forums

Miletich Fighting System >> Pat Miletich vs. Royce Gracie

8/14/03 2:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tower1
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-03

Pat Miletich vs. Royce Gracie would be an all time classic MMA fight. I think it would be even better if it is scheduled for the second round of Pride Grand Prix! What do you think?
8/14/03 8:48 PM
cherokee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-03
I've wanted to see this fight for years. Pat's my all-time favorite fighter, and Royce was the reason a lot of us got interested in MMA. Him vs. my all-time favorite? I see Pat winning this. Pat's the better striker, great takedown defense, and I don't see Royce being able to get this to the ground. If he did, Pat's grappling is underrated and I think he would be able to defend submission attempts long enough to get back to his feet. Pat's so well rounded he is almost always able to make his opponents fight his fight. He'd keep this one standing and win a decision. To be honest I don't get as much excitement or enjoyment out of MMA without Pat being as active. I have other favorites, but Pat's such a well rounded fighter and class act. He's the guy I try to emulate in training, pattern my style after, and hope one day to be even 1/2 as good! (not likely)
8/15/03 9:47 AM
TimmyH

Edited: 15-Aug-03
Cherokee- well said.
8/15/03 10:31 PM
crazyhook

Edited: 15-Aug-03
love to see this fight, round 2 of the GP would rock...P.M by KO
8/22/03 8:31 PM
cherokee

Edited: 22-Aug-03 08:31 PM
Thanks Timmy, just calling it like I see it. :) I had heard rumors about this fight happening for the 10th Anniversary UFC and I wish it would happen.
9/4/03 11:10 AM
warfrog

Edited: 04-Sep-03
looks like matt will get a shot at royce 1st if the rumors are true. i still want pat to fight, i always got worked up for his fights. it would be cool to see him thrash frank trigg still.
9/18/03 4:40 PM
danny A
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Sep-03
That would be an awesome evenly matched up fight. It would be hard to promote it though since both guys are so respectful of other fighters. Perhaps the UFC could get them both drunk in an attempt to have them talk a little smack to or about each other. As far as how the fight would go I see Pat as defietly controlling the stand up parts of the fight and not getting taken to his back. Royce would have to catch Pat mid kick to score a takedown or drag him into guard. Royce's only chance would be a submission on the ground. I think Royce is slightly bigger than Pat so that would make things interesting.
10/14/03 10:14 PM
Zulupico

Edited: 14-Oct-03
Gracie loses a la g N P.
11/2/03 5:05 AM
redalert

Edited: 02-Nov-03
Make for an awesome fight!
11/5/03 1:17 AM
yourbrokenjaw

Edited: 05-Nov-03
royce gracie doesnt get knocked out. lets remember this.grappling??
11/6/03 8:45 AM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-03
Matt or Pat! If Royce faces either of these guys they are going to kill him....
11/7/03 11:48 PM
yourbrokenjaw

Edited: 07-Nov-03
mikey burnett.
11/7/03 11:51 PM
yourbrokenjaw

Edited: 07-Nov-03
i know miletich is your god and all but ... he COULDNT stand up with gracie because gracie is basically a wet towel.and if it went to the ground.well lets not be stupid here. respect to miletich though... tough dude..
2/1/04 9:40 AM
CONCRETEKlD

Edited: 01-Feb-04
every dog has their day. no one is unbeatable. I think Sak proved that to us all , um twice I believe.The Gracies have given the world their art, and that may be the fall of them. I think Pat would have a chance.Can't ever rule anyone out.Especially from our part of the world. Us midwestern people willshock you at times.lol
5/3/04 4:54 PM
kylethasnizake
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-May-04
i dont think royce would own pat on the ground, though it would be an interesting ground match.
12/16/04 9:54 PM
torque

Edited: 16-Dec-04
Sorry but Pats a nobody to most and his team aint that great anymore.
3/13/05 10:20 AM
croatian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Mar-05
Torque, The positive nature of your posts are a blessing to all who read them. Thank you for your precious time. Pat Miletich
3/20/05 1:27 PM
Madman

Edited: 20-Mar-05
Torque, You seem to have a big problem with Pat. Any reason why? madman
3/23/05 9:29 AM
cherokee

Edited: 23-Mar-05
Pat, I wouldn't worry about that guy...it's like the saying goes, wrestle with a pig and you both get dirty, and the pig likes it. Don't stoop to that level.
3/23/05 9:35 AM
cherokee

Edited: 23-Mar-05 09:35 AM
LOL at calling Pat a "nobody", but posting on his forum. I never knew the MFS team wasn't any good, maybe I should quit training to post on the internet and bash fighters.
4/28/05 3:38 PM
warfrog

Edited: 28-Apr-05
hey pat, any clue as to who you might be facing in montreal? what event would this be anyway? we ioweeeegans want you to fight in iowa before ya retire, ok? that said, i hope you make a run and fight as much as you want before you hang up the gloves.
5/2/05 11:52 AM
deafwoody

Edited: 02-May-05
Hey Torque were you ever a clown in the circus?? I think you should change your career and become a mime because nobody wants to hear the crap that comes out of your mouth.Pat was and probly if he choose to fight again is one of the best fighters from the UFC.Have a little respect and try to aquire some class in your next life.Pat this clown is obviously a minority opinion.You unlike him have proven yourself as a great fighter and coach.
5/30/05 5:21 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-May-05 05:26 PM
Pat would OWN Royce Gracie and i'm sure Torque has never gotten in a ring or cage, but that goes w/out even having to be said. Takes balls, some guys just don't have em. It's ok buddy, it's not for everyone. MC
9/20/05 8:00 PM
andjuar

Edited: 20-Sep-05
pat would spank royce i even train at a royce affiliated school and have trained with him BUT! pat is one of the greatest well rounded fighters EVER and would take it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.