UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Fear failure more than death??

8/24/03 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
C-Hamzeh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Aug-03

(posted on blauer forum as well) when driving, there have been times where i have come close to possibly life ending car crashes... when it is happening, i dont flinch, look away, duck, etc........... everything almost moves in slow mo and i do the proper steps to get outta the way ........... it never feels like im rushed, im in "a zone" of sorts. yet in mma fights where a guys punch or kick or whatever will do FAR less damage than a semi-truck, i react worse. Does this seem odd to any of you? C
8/24/03 8:20 PM
Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Aug-03
C, Does it seem odd to you? What is directly and ostensibly present in MMA which is not between two vehicle drivers? s
8/25/03 2:44 PM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 25-Aug-03
Intimacy.
8/25/03 3:01 PM
Sonnon

And unless you're psychotic, you're hard-wired to dramatically more heightened arousal from intimate contact... which requires specialized training to mitigate and through which to negotiate. Two of the most popular methods are Tony Blauer's "cerebral engineering" and my "somatic engineering." (PS: and no matter how much fighting you've done, I'd be willing to bet that you've had more driving practice than fighting.)
8/25/03 11:52 PM
C-Hamzeh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scott.... good point about the driving practice, I chuckled when I read that but so true... thanks guys. C

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.