UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wisconsin bjj growing strong

10/24/03 10:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MPLAVCAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Oct-03
Thank's O' Malley, I have been so busy I haven't been on here much lately. Madison BJJ academy is growing leaps and bounds. We have many First place finishes in Madison, Cicero, and other tournaments. One of my students finished third in the arnold no gi last year, losing to a brown belt. He is only a white belt and tapped two purple belts on his way to third. I am currently finishing up my affiliation paperwork for Pedro Sauer Team. Pedro is the best instructor you could have. So Justin-Finally we will be on the same team. I am also in the process of finishing up a deal to have David and Marcos Avellan come for a seminar in Dec. I will let you guys know as soon as I know the details. We are also Training Thai boxing/boxing/MMA. We train with Pat and some of the Strasser guys as much as we can as well. One of my students will be fighting in Extreme challenge on Dec. 5th. Please come and support him. There are many great teams in WI. Any one can feel free to stop by our Academy and check things out. Get the info from our website. Madisonbjj.homestead.com ! Feel free to email me any questions you have.
cdranka

ttt
Strandman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I met Thrid Heaven Justin during my early days in the sport. I recommend anyone in the area interested to check out his classes.
seanbansfield

Grappling Classic, LLC
sbuild, I hope to see your team at the GRAPPLERS CLASSIC on Jan. 24th. First place team walks away with all the cash. For more info, go to: http://mma.tv/events/EventDetail.cfm?EID=720 Take care. Sean Bansfield Event Promoter
MPLAVCAN

ttt for WI
10/24/03 1:56 PM
MPLAVCAN

sbuild-I didn't realize who you were until I checked your info, What's up? Dude, this thread is awesome. We have some awesome BJJ in WI. The best thing about it, is that we are all on here chattin' it up, not putting down other schools and things like that. I've got alot of good things going on with my school right now and I'm excited! sbuild and justinM--I would love for you guys to stop by and check the place out. Get in touch with me when you can. Pat--We training at all this weekend?
10/24/03 2:07 PM
left

Konquer the Kage MMA
ttt
10/24/03 2:56 PM
paw
1385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mplavcan, I am currently finishing up my affiliation paperwork for Pedro Sauer Team. Congrats! Prof. Sauer is a fantastic instructor.
10/24/03 4:11 PM
MPLAVCAN

Thanks, I have trained with him qutie a few times and I love the guy. You couldn't ask for a better Teacher. I gotta mail this stuff in this weekend! I can't wait to have him out to my school. paw-Do you train with Pedro? Where do you live in WI?
10/24/03 4:48 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know my home judo dojo has a kickboxing class run out of there and antoher guy, adrian serrano, who teaches NHB/bjj there as well. the club is located on 85th and Lisbon Ave in Milwaukee. you can contact them at 414.358.0909. i know adrian won a bunch of NHB/MMA matches for a number of years when it was first coming up, i thought he fought in the UFC once too.. not sure. i think he might still fight, but he is getting older now too so idunno how much he competes anymore. ive been out of the loop on what he has done lately cause im in CA. but, yea. if you want a club, go check them out if you are in the Milwaukee area. prices are reasonable too. -resnick
10/24/03 5:05 PM
Hardrock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for my Wisconsin brothers ;)
10/24/03 5:45 PM
cdranka

ttt
10/24/03 6:43 PM
sbuild
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MPlavcan I just got turned on to the UG this realy is cool it helps unify the bjjr's in the state nation ect... CONGRATS on joining the assoc. we'll get together soon jason
10/24/03 8:18 PM
sbuild
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one representing the monkey bar we got the other schools covered:)
10/25/03 5:41 AM
DemianDecorah

Edited: 25-Oct-03
chooch gimme some contact info
10/25/03 9:11 AM
wisconsinjiujitsu

Now that we are all "feelin' the love" - how about we arrange a large open mat for everyone to get together and roll... I'll start by offering our place in Appleton on Saturday, November 29th. Everyone can come and roll for free. We'll train as long as you like. We have a TV and VCR on the side of the mat, so when we're done guys can either take off or watch Jiu-Jitsu tapes. Who's in? Bill Krieg - Fox Valley Grappling Club BTW, I'm pretty impressed I keep finding this thread on the first page.
10/25/03 9:43 AM
jpllasers

Xtreme Kage Kombat LLC
wisconsinjiujitsu - You can count me in on going for a roll and a couple of my guys also. It was great talking to you yesterday. So hopefully I can meet up with you Nov. 29th, and Dec. 5th hopefully you guys can come to the event. I am also impressed this thread has been on top for a while. Thanks sbuild. Making a few contacts with this thread. Lets keep it going!!! Jeff Paul - Xtreme Kage Kombat TTT for WI
10/25/03 9:50 AM
mo be

Could you give me the locations and some phone #'s please? My brother lives in Wisconsin, he'd be interested and I'd like to check it out when I visit.
10/25/03 11:09 AM
MPLAVCAN

Where in WI does he live? There is lot's of contact info on the above thread. Bill I would love to come up that weekend, I'll ask the guys and see what they say. We have a couple of really busy months coming up, so I will let you know soon. I have your email.
10/25/03 11:31 AM
sbuild

Edited: 25-Oct-03 11:45 AM
I'll talk to the Sun Prairi guys and see who's in it would be great to get it together on roll all informaly E mail me at schmittbuilders@juno.com or justin@third heaven.com with address and time may be some directions thanks jason ttt BJJ TEAM WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!
10/25/03 12:34 PM
Perry H

JoshuaResnick, Adrian did compete in a UFC. I think he competed in three to be exact. I was at this school for a little while, but got scared because i have no health insurance. I plan to get health insurance soon so i'll be rolling again at his school.
10/25/03 1:44 PM
DemianDecorah

mplavcan i've heard lots of good things about ya. i'd love to come roll with you guys sometime.
10/25/03 2:41 PM
wisconsinjiujitsu

Here is all the contact info for the open mat on Saturday, November 29th. Original Martial Systems 3315 W. College Ave. Appleton, WI My cell phone number is 920-450-3172. Basically take Hwy 41 North to the College Ave. exit. Turn right. Go through a set of stoplights and then turn right on Bluemound Rd. Our place is located behind Kinko's and the Express Gas Station. So everyone has time to make it up, open mat will start at noon. If anyone has any questions, email me at foxvalleygrapplingclub@yahoo.com This is meant to be fun, so please leave all egos outside... Talk to everyone soon. Bill Krieg - Fox Valley Grappling Club
10/25/03 3:30 PM
MPLAVCAN

Demian-Your more than welcome to stop by when ever you want. That goes for anyone else here. I have a class schedule on my website. It might change soon, so call the # ahead of time please. This thread is still going strong! WI BJJ is #1
10/25/03 5:19 PM
sbuild

mplavcan maybe we shjould throw down on a 15 passanger van for the day of 11/29? jason

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.