UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> LKFMDC vs. PHATBOY cont...

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
11/1/03 2:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jump Kick
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Nov-03

it takes too damn long to reload the previous thread. As it stands, Phatboy has accepted lkfmdc's challenge according to lkfmdc's terms. lkfmdc has now spoken to a mutual friend and after much ado, has pulled out of the challenge. please continue discussions on this thread fot the benefit of those without superfast connections the drama is strong on this thread -jk
11/1/03 2:42 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa, I stopped reading that other thread because it got too damn long & boring. could you hook me upwith a synopsis?
11/1/03 3:25 PM
Jump Kick
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synopsis off the top of my head... lkfmdc provokes phatboy by insulting his teacher phatboy responds and says that lkfmdc is a fraud and a pussy lkfmdc tells phatboy to put up or shut up Phatboy's blood boils and wastes a day at work keyboard warrioring lkfmdc Hubris takes over and both seem to want to fight each other lkfmdc limits the fight to his own gym or a sanctioned fight (out of state and nobody will pay his travel) phatboy wants to fight in a public place or a neutral ground, and is willing to fight any place any time except for lkfmdc's dojo lkfmdc in all practicality limited the options to his own gym, but was willing to fight (2 members of each fighters clan can witness and videotape, winner getting the tape) Both seem to really want the fight, and both seem assured of their skills. Shit talking occers throughout. lkfmdc writes a waiver advancing that he will not involve the police or legal action if the fight goes down in his gym as noted phatboy runs the waiver by his lawyer friend, and agrees to the terms. completely fired up, and willing to submit to lkfmdc's terms, phatboy formally accepts the challenge, on lkfmdc's terms, but asks only to have until the weekend to secure a date. A mutual friend of theirs is dragged into the fray. The mutual friend posts that the two warriors are being childish, and should grow up Pahtboy says, respectfully, that it's too late and that lkfmdc's going to get a beat down now that all blufs have been called. lkfmdc then consults the mutual friend, and for some reason decides after all of the shit talking and bullsheet, to pull out. I suppose phatboy wins the keyboard battle, but I would like to hear more from the parties involved. I was amused by the thread and I know neither of the warriors. If the fight went down, and was open to the public, I would have attended. what now... (appologies if I misquoted etc, but this is the basic jist of the thread) -jk
11/1/03 3:27 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks jump kick, this forum can be full of drama at times...
11/1/03 7:05 PM
HonkeyStyle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO
11/1/03 8:45 PM
bsktrap

ttt
11/1/03 9:04 PM
TristanESP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MatPimp by ImproperTees.com
what was the original thread?
11/1/03 9:34 PM
cuzz63
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tristan...look for "Bruce Lee; the MYTH"
11/1/03 10:10 PM
yojimbo71

ttt
11/1/03 10:42 PM
TristanESP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MatPimp by ImproperTees.com
whew, thanks cuzz, i just finished reading. glad im going out for drinks after that!
11/1/03 10:51 PM
Kakkarotto_san

I'll tell you what the "mutual friend" said - He told Ross to shut his mouth and call it off because, since he has trained with both of them, he knows Phatboy would put Ross in the hospital.
11/1/03 10:55 PM
covh14514
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I really don't have money for lawyers and can't miss work sitting in a cell.I wanted an agreed fight and he backed out.If he comes a calling I will put him to sleep I promise you that.I however will not go hunt him down for this B.S" You are a smart man. No reason to get in legal trouble over some trash talking on the internet.
11/2/03 2:27 AM
jacketwrestler

Edited: 02-Nov-03
i remember him advertising his gym. nice gym, sorry ass teacher. what kind of teacher goes around insulting a MA legend to make himself look like good?
11/2/03 9:34 AM
poobear

A lot of what lkfmdc said made me cringe as someone who thinks debate should be intelligent - insults, ad-hominems, etc. should be no part of it, but that's just not his way, be it kung fu or Naom Chomsky. A lot of his threads I saw as vehicles to promote his club (with some contraversy thrown in so people would read it). I figured he had the parts to back up the smack talk, and was just a mean but tough sob who could teach. Maybe there's some other reason for not doing this (albeit suspiciously not volunteered from a usually talkative fellow). The problem with arrogance and false pride is that you cannot afford defeat. If you cannot afford defeat, it is very hard to learn. People often mock systema, and I simply tell them my door is open, come on over and show me the error of my ways (1 taker thus far, but not from the internet, that was at a party). I don't promise an ass-whuppin, because I don't know what the other guy can do, but I'm always willing to test myself, because my self-worth isn't wrapped up in me knowing everything about fighting. A lot of serious MA people (not JKD either) I know think the Tao of JKD is a great book, btw.
11/2/03 9:42 AM
scuffler

Edited: 02-Nov-03 09:37 AM
The "Tao" is the single best book on martial arts that I own, and I own alot. Concerning lkfmdc, I'd noticed his overblown claims on here in the past, even though I don't come to this part of the forum much anymore. I remember one time that he tried to say that some of his guys had won or placed in the NYC GG's and that that was harder than winning US regionals as a couple of guys who I had helped train (Chris Deleon for one / mutiple times) had done.
11/2/03 3:48 PM
zew zitsu

Man he truly pussed out. Every post he made you could see him trying to find a way to get out of it.
11/2/03 3:57 PM
Bob Henry

LOL at Seafood Ross. I always thought Seafood Ross was Matt Furey's twin.
11/2/03 5:16 PM
whitebeltsenior

lkfmdc broke away from the only talent in his organization awhile ago. IF any of his theories interest anyone, check out Sifu Ventura in Manhatten, or Sifu Kaparos on Long Island... both can back up their theories in action, both are gentlemen as well.
11/2/03 7:12 PM
marck

ttt
11/2/03 8:03 PM
Bob Henry

yellaboy, what happened to Steve Ventura? Does he no longer teach at NY Kung Fu Kickboxing Academy? LKFMDC is very knowledgeable and has a great school but his attitude does stink.
11/2/03 8:04 PM
whitebeltsenior

tedfornes and yellaboy, I didn't realize they were still associated, don't wanna start false rumors on here, it was a total assumption on my part. Ventura is a surprising technition, with his frame I'd never expect him to be able to move the way he does. Do you guys know Sifu Kaparos? He's a bad MF, have personally watched him spar numerous people who walked into his gym thinking it was a McDojo, and have them leave shaking their heads.
11/2/03 8:07 PM
whitebeltsenior

BTW... I know Sifu Ross from my early days as Kung Fu guy, and he was always really nice and supportive. I haven't kept tabs on this flame war he's involved in, but he was nice to me when I was a teenager (LONG time ago).
11/2/03 8:15 PM
Ricky T
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a sham.
11/2/03 8:57 PM
Bob Henry

Phatboy, what gym do you train out of? Do you train in kickboxing or mixed martial arts?
11/2/03 10:05 PM
KBird
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noooooo!! I went away for two days and the fight is off? Phatboy, say it ain't so! Guess I can't come to NYC to videotape the mauling...
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.