UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Gotta lose weight in 13 days!!!

11/13/03 3:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-03
Thanks CB-- Very interesting thread
11/14/03 7:05 PM
Zviggy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-03
Just thought i would let everyone know that LEMon won last night. Well done champ. sorry i didnt come up and say hi but i had to leave straight after the fights.
11/14/03 8:57 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-03
Congrats man. I am really glad this worked out.
11/15/03 7:03 PM
LEMon
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Nov-03
Hey westside, thanx again so much for your advice it really helped me alot. I timed my weight loss badly though and as a result i made it harder for myself, but its a learning experience i guess. I felt almost fully recovered for my fight which went 20 minutes and i won with a head arm choke. I owe alot of the victory to your tips otherwise i wouldnt have been able to fight!!!!!! Thanx so much, if your ever in australia or need help getting out here please email me pipsnip@hotmail.com
11/15/03 7:04 PM
LEMon
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ps zviggy and steve hope you guys enjoyed it, i didnt think it was gonna end during it lol. Steve Gillander is not only a top guy but an awesome opponent and i was very happy when it was over!
11/15/03 7:51 PM
Subenemsteve

Yea congrats Lemon was a great fight one of the best on the night. Gillander is a tough opponent you did well 2 get the sub in the end. And recover after that kick!
11/15/03 7:59 PM
LEMon

THanx bro i hoped it was exciting for the crowd, i dont think steve kicked me on purpose when i was down though, he is a really good sportsman.
11/15/03 9:25 PM
Subenemsteve

Yea I'm sure it was accidental but you could hear it from the standing section! How solid did it connect?
11/15/03 11:07 PM
LEMon

It almost knocked my teeth out, landed flush.
11/16/03 12:29 AM
Subenemsteve

Edited: 16-Nov-03
Well good work coming back 2 get the arm triangle mate. Hows your jaw feeling now?
11/16/03 2:08 AM
LEMon

Edited: 16-Nov-03
Its a bit twitchy but its my leg thats sore haha, cant bend it yet but thats half the fun i guess, it was hard having ure first kickboxing fight (lol basically what it was for 3 rounds) in an NHB match.
11/18/03 7:47 PM
LEMon

Edited: 18-Nov-03
thanx again to westside!
11/30/03 9:02 AM
punchdrunkenmaste

Edited: 30-Nov-03
ttt for Lemon and Chris
11/30/03 1:28 PM
qeySuS

Edited: 30-Nov-03
heh, been reading this thread over a few times ;) Got 20 pounds to lose for the WSC
12/1/03 11:24 PM
FlavaFlavius

Edited: 01-Dec-03
damn, do you recommend drinking that much water all the time? when not training for a fight also? if I'm trying to lower my body fat percentage, should I follow this same type of routine (except for the plastics and shit)?
12/2/03 12:40 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Dec-03
I try and put a gallon away everyday but I understand it is hard if you are not training for something but it is good if you can.
12/3/03 4:32 PM
Hilnder12

Edited: 03-Dec-03
Yea this was interesting for me to read too, i have like 10-15 lbs depending on when i weigh myself to cut for wrestling i currently weigh about 162-166 and i plan on wrestling 152 since i got certified that since i am a fat ass with 16% bodyfat i hope a conciderable amount of fat comes off before my first meet which is next saturday so i dont have too much water to cut and dont have to go through 48 hours of hell and die since weigh ins are same day, man do i hate that drained feeling i am trying to clean up my diet i do find it really hard to drink a gallon of water i hope i am doing it... i cant really lug a 1 gallon jug around school all day well i hope i make it i would love to wrestle at 152 i should be as strong if not stronger than all of them little guys
12/11/03 2:19 AM
cadmus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Dec-03
This was a great read, as I've always wanted to know the true, best way to cut for a fight. Thanks heaps Chris. But LEMon, didn't you still weigh in about 64.5kg (2kgs over)? What do you think caused you to not make the weight? I'm more interested in why, than pissed at you for not making the agreed weight (although Steve is normally under 60kg) and then beating my little mate... ;-(
12/11/03 8:48 AM
LEMon

I was 1.2 kilo's over, none of it muscle let me tell u :) I started cutting too early and my body went into survival mode, i actually made the weight in a test cut prior but i just couldnt get rid of the last little bit at showtime. I should have listened more closely to chris's advice but i was a little over eager. Steve is a great athlete, fighter and just a gr8 guy and i wasnt happy that i didnt meet the conditions but he is a warrior and accepted anyways.
12/11/03 6:36 PM
cadmus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool. How much earlier did you make it (on the same scales?), and what did you do/consume in between to take you back up over a kilo?
12/24/03 11:33 AM
Advanced BKJ

Edited: 24-Dec-03
great thread
1/3/04 3:31 AM
BreakdanceFu

Edited: 03-Jan-04
Whoa. I feel like I've just read quite the saga. Great ending! Chris, it is really quite admirable that you would take the time to help out someone like that so much; truly putting experience to work. Appreciate the effort. I have a quick question if you have the time. I am pretty much half-man half-fat and am trying to cut the cookie dough out of my 230 pound petite figure. As I hear women dig fat guys with big biceps (i wish) I have still been trying to work out at the same time as a good cardio regime. With working out comes the protein shakes, chicken, little carbs and all that, but I'm just not losing much of the bad weight and kind of want to keep weight-training in my routine to retain my strength - or just get folded quicker at sub-wrestling (yakimov's). Do I need to concentrate on one at a time? Can I effectively lose fat while balancing cardio with weights and supplements for muscle growth? Thanks for this thread and cheers in advance for any response. Trying to find my abs makes the lord of the rings quest a cake-walk.
1/3/04 11:15 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 03-Jan-04
LOL! That was funny. You can continue to lift but you should really be lifting lighter with lots of reps and really hitting the cardio. Like cardio before eating anything in the morning and then cardio after eating your last meal of the day. Diet is so much of it. I know it sucks but if you eat clean food, you do lose weight. If you email me I can help you with a diet if you want that isn't as bad as my drastic 155 diets.
1/4/04 2:15 AM
BreakdanceFu

Edited: 04-Jan-04 02:16 AM
Westside, you don't need me to tell you this but You Rock! Thx much. I will send an email, but please tell me to which address if you can. Think you must be a PRO to send one to you here; the only thing I'm PRO at is Cake-Kwan-Do and that doesn't help. This is perfect timing. I was getting tired of the women sneaking glances up my moo-moo when I'm speaker dancing at the club ... you're not laughing at me, right..? Dam. I don't need to get to the: more definition than a dictionary stage, but I'd at least like to get down to an A-cup. The girlfriend will be most grateful. Hehe. Thanks again. Dan (teethdropper@hotmail.com)
1/4/04 11:31 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 04-Jan-04
chris@chrisbrennan.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.