UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Gotta lose weight in 13 days!!!

1/6/04 7:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-04
Xtreme Fighting Championship
great thread, keep it alive!!! As the promoter of the event and a longtime friend of Liams and Steve (his opponant). We were faced with a slight dilemma with Liam hitting the scales about 2lb over in his underwear. Steve being the champ he was had no drama's fighting but squeezed me for a few tickets :) We promote at 132lb 145lb and 155lb. Liam will fight at 145lb and is expected to face a very seasoned Adrian PANG who lost his first match in a long time at a catchweight of 150lbs. I am going to direct a few people to this thread as I think it is so valuable!!! Justin
1/6/04 8:48 PM
Mhorad
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-04
Great thread!! Well done on the match too Liam. I enjoyed it immensely, and was good to finally meet you afterwards, although next time, it will be me buying the drinks. That kick to your scone was a ripper, and it was impressive that you recovered and won. Great to see a professional fighter of Chris' ability helping out the new guys. You've just won a big fan mate. Lionel
1/8/04 2:51 AM
Zviggy

Edited: 08-Jan-04
Chris Brennan has always been a champ. BTW Chris, any chance of seeing you fighting in Australia (Justin?) or maybe doing seminars? Chris
1/8/04 4:43 PM
endochokedme
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jan-04
Great thread, felt like I was reading a drama-wondering if the guy was gonna make the weight in time. Very cool of you Chris, you are the man.
1/9/04 7:54 PM
Aaron_Wilson

Edited: 09-Jan-04
thanks Chris , great advice ...very interesting thread
1/9/04 8:45 PM
The Hook

Edited: 09-Jan-04
Great stuff here! And LMAO @ LACTARD by LEMon! I'm lactose intolerant as well and that is frickin' funnY!
1/10/04 1:26 AM
XFC

Edited: 10-Jan-04
Xtreme Fighting Championship
Here is the photo album of the fight. http://www.xfc.com.au/gallery.php?subalbum=33 Liam is the goofy headed guy in the longer trunks that gets his hand raised. It was a fantastic fight! Justin
1/18/04 11:07 PM
timmarine

Edited: 18-Jan-04
Westside if u have to weigh in a few hours before u fight how do u rehydrate for the fight?
1/19/04 6:34 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jan-04
You can't cut near as much or you will die. I would go get an IV in a hurry if you do.
2/4/04 4:18 AM
mad tiger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-04
Wassup chris? Great thread. Here's one... wt.241.5 gotta be 226 by the armolds, weigh in's on friday (Gi division)

So about 28 days to go. Suggestions?

2/4/04 1:11 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-04
I would suggest eating really clean and doing lots of cardio up until then and shoot for about 10lbs over the night before. That means you really only need to lose 5 lbs in the next 26 days. That should be a walk in the park at that weight. I get to weigh in 2 days before at the Arnolds!!! :) Crazy shit. Hit me back if you can't find the part of this thread that helps with the last 10 lbs.
2/5/04 11:40 PM
mad tiger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Feb-04
Cool thanks chris. Great thread. Makes me laugh at my sad past attempts.
2/5/04 11:45 PM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 05-Feb-04
No worries. We have all had attempts before knowing much about it. When I fought Pat in the UFC I weighed in at 169 and the night of the fight I was 170. Talk about pathetic. I had no idea how to do it.
2/10/04 6:07 PM
mad tiger

Edited: 10-Feb-04
UPDATE

Well decided with the winners fighting "UP" a class for the money in the brown belt div. My bros just gonna keep his wt. up. He's 6'7" and can hold the wt.(played at 285-305 in football). Plus in the no gi theres some big hombres. He should be weighing in at 250+ at about %10 bf.

2/22/04 10:03 PM
C-Hamzeh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-04
Hey Chris, I weigh about 166-167 right now, my bodyfat around 12%... March 5th I gotta weigh in at 155. I know that within a day or 2 I can be 160, getting there is easy for me, but the last 5 (especially since the scale I use seems to be a couple pounds light) always seems really tough, almost a guessing game... What should I do the last week in order to hit the weigh in bang on?
2/23/04 12:19 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 23-Feb-04
Stay within 8-10 until 24 hours before weigh-ins and do the rest in water. if you don't know how to do it let me know and I will help you unless you can find it on this thread where I already explained it.
2/26/04 1:00 AM
C-Hamzeh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Feb-04
Sounds good Chris, I looked over the thread, and everything seems straightforward. Question, do you prefer pedialyte over gatorade? Ive heard gatorade is basically the same, just for adults. Also, if I start my weight cut at say 163, hit 155, by fight time the next day can I expect to be back up to 163-165? What is your food intake like the day of the fight (im curious about this since you need to recover from the cut, but also dont wanna be weighed down) thx in advance. C
2/26/04 1:55 AM
WestsideStrangler

I like Pedialyte only because I think there is too much sugar in Gatorade but I could be wrong. After weigh-ins I will slowly begin drinking for about 30 minutes and then start to eat a bit. Whole wheat breads, Protien Bars, Pasta, Chicken, Rice, and then EVERYTHING. Once you are sick to your stomach chill for a while until you lose about 5 pounds in the restroom (not really 5) and your stomach will relax. Continue to drink water ALL night, meaning when you wake up in the middle of the night to piss drink more. Day of I always eat some Pancakes in the morning for some good carbs. I will kind of go back on my regular diet after breakfast but just increase the amounts a bit. Don't get sick the day of so eat in moderation and use the restroom (very necessary). Eat some fruit also through out the day. Begin to back off as the event gets closer so you are not bloated and feel bogged down. I don't know if these are all scientificlty correct but it has worked for me many times. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. CB
2/26/04 2:18 PM
C-Hamzeh

Chris thanks, no worries if it's scientific or not, cutting usually isnt... and that's really cool about the drinking more when you wake in the middle of the night to piss. I would usually make my weight, then after replenishing and eating, id be back to a bit above normal, but by morn I'd be low again... good tip thanks (i guess that should have been common sense). By the way, Abolene is a bitch to find, I'll keep looking, thx again, much appreciated. C
2/26/04 8:07 PM
WestsideStrangler

Save-on drugs, Thrifty, Vons, Rite Aid All in the pharmacy department or in the womens make up department. It is a white tub with a bright blue lid. Have fun.
3/2/04 12:08 AM
C-Hamzeh

Edited: 02-Mar-04
Hey Chris, I'm fluctuating within 163-165 right now, gotta be 155 at 7 pm on Friday the 5th. I'm drinking about a gallon and a half of water starting today. Should I have to do extra cardio these next few days, or will I be good? I like the idea of havin the extra weight, but I've never been this heavy 5 days out. C
3/2/04 12:53 AM
WestsideStrangler

Keep drinking the water and then tell me what you wake up at tomorrow after your piss. Also you should up your cardio a bit just to play it safe. Better to do a little extra and come in right on than do less and come in over. Did you find Albolene?
3/2/04 1:44 PM
Damianh

Chris, Explain this: So you get to about 10lbs within goal weight 24hrs out. Cut water, cover in Alobolene and do one cut session at night and maybe one in the AM. Right? My question has to do with the Alobolene. That is some GREASY shit! If it opens my pores during the PM session is it safe to shower and wash it off, or will you retain water from the shower. I know it will be minimal, but cutting weight is cutting weight I know this is a dumb question, but I have never used it 24hrs out and then slept/flew with that crap on. I've always stayed out of the shower/water until after weigh in. Is that how you do it? Also, is 10lbs over 24hrs out gauged on pre or post workout/cardio weight? I assume you want to be 10lbs right when you wake up...right? Please let us know. Thanks!
3/3/04 1:26 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 03-Mar-04
I never shower once I have began cutting unless I am only cutting a few but for this I would not. I have been told that you can't absorbe water this way but I wouldn't take the chance. I wanna be about 8-10 over after my last training session and before my first cutting session. 10lbs when you wake up the day before weigh-ins would be cake.
3/3/04 12:09 PM
C-Hamzeh

Edited: 03-Mar-04 12:14 PM
chris, wow did the excessive water and pissing make a difference... I woke up this morn at about 161.5-162 on my scale. Barring that their scale is heavy I should be good. I also didnt eat anything after last nights training session, so thats probably why I was low. I'm gonna continue the water per your instructions, I fly out today, since I need to get an EEG out there. I haven't found the Abolene yet, I'll keep checking around. Thanks for your advice, if you have anything else please let me know, I should be able to check this thread the next few days. C

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.