UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Gotta lose weight in 13 days!!!

4/9/06 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
benchwarmer
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Apr-06
ttt for my threads! Thank you Mr. Brennan!
4/11/06 10:41 AM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Apr-06
Sorry I was out of town. I would just continue to diet as you are and if you need to cut 2 pounds or something by then it will be ok. You should be able to lose a pound a week easily if you are training right. Good luck.
4/12/06 12:35 PM
benchwarmer
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Apr-06

Chris,

I want to thank you again, I have a fight in 2 and a half weeks.  I am at about 198 and figthing at 185.  I intend on shedding the last pounds through the methods described in this thread.

However, in reviewing my diet and eating habits, I do cardio in the morning, work 8-5 and train 6-8, then cardio before bed.  I eat  some yogurt or eggs after my morning cardio, lunch around 1:00 and between 5-6 I usually have some fruit, otherwise its not until after 8 that I get to eat dinner, then sometimes I am going to bed within three hours of dinner. Do you see any problems with eating 3 hours or less prior to sleeping.  If so, what would you suggest?

4/13/06 11:44 AM
RODRIBS
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Apr-06
Chris, I just found this thread thanks to Benchwarmer's recommendation.  This is the best weight cutting advice I have ever seen!!!   Thank you very much for taking the time to do all of this and help us all out.
4/14/06 11:20 AM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Apr-06
Benchwarmer- If your weight is coming off it isn't a problem...HOWEVER if it is NOT coming off you needto be eating dinner much earlier. FOr a while on my 155 diet I was eating my last meal at about 4:pm. Sucked but that was what I needed to do to get the weight off. ROd- THank you sir
4/14/06 11:23 AM
RODRIBS
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my guys is making his debut in the same show benchwarmer is fighting in.  Hes been stressing out about his weight loss and this thread has helped him physically and mentally.  Thanks again.

Chris, on an un-related note.  Why are you not a red namer on your own forum?

4/14/06 5:08 PM
WestsideStrangler

I don't know I used to be. Maybe the Sprawl conspiricy (sp) had something to do with it
7/14/06 9:46 AM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jul-06
This is an amazing thread, I just have a question on the pre weigh in diet. Lemon's diet consisted of almost exclusively chicken and salad for a week, but later on in the thread you mentioned eating clean and said Chicken, rice and maybe some broccoli. Is it better to eat Rice or to eat salad and other green veg in the last week before the weigh in? Thanks DROC
7/14/06 10:39 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 14-Jul-06
Well Salad is lighter but Rice gives you come energy to train and it burns quickly
7/25/06 3:08 PM
benchwarmer

Edited: 25-Jul-06

TTT for Chirs.

I don't think I ever said thank you for this thread.  I had my fight and won (back in April). 

I felt great, I did everything on this thread except the morning cardio.  My evening workouts were kickin my ass, and the morning was not a very good time to be around me.

I wieghed in at 182.5 the day before my fight.  The last few days conisisted of egg whites and steamed broccoli (microwave broccoli in tuperware and a couple teaspoons of water).  The night before weigh-ins I used the abolene and ran for about an hour. 

For the fight itself... I felt great, had great cardio and plenty of energy.  The fight was only 2 five minute rounds, I could have definitely gone one more.  Part of my victory had to do with my ability to keep an intense pace throughout the fight.

Thanks Chris Brennan!

I'm thinkin if I do the morning workout, 170 may be attainable.

P.S. I stepped on the scale a few hours before the fight... 195 not bad I thought!

8/5/06 7:44 PM
kidcohen

Edited: 05-Aug-06
TTT
8/9/06 9:54 AM
droc

Edited: 09-Aug-06
Thanks for the reply Chris. If I condense your advice on this thread will you read through it and make sure I haven't missed anything ? Thanks DROC
8/9/06 10:00 AM
WestsideStrangler

yes sir
8/9/06 10:18 AM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

droc- post it too if you don't mind! thanks.
8/9/06 12:43 PM
droc

that's the plan demandango. I've actually already done it, but it's on my home PC. I'll post it tomorrow for your approval Chris. Thanks again DROC
8/9/06 3:35 PM
John Cooper

Combat Athletics Corporation
ttt for the condensed version!!! Great thread, Chris Brennan is the MAN!
8/10/06 3:09 AM
wmkelleo

Edited: 10-Aug-06
ttt for later
8/11/06 4:42 AM
droc

Edited: 11-Aug-06
Here's the condensed version. It's just taken from the posts by Chris and 1 or 2 others on this thread and edited a little. There are 1 or 2 things that I'm sure Chris will want to change. Thanks a lot. DROC Cutting weight with a day before weigh in Method Get to within 8-10 lbs/3-4Kg of of the weight with your diet, then cut the rest in water 2 weeks out Training Cardio in the morning before eating, cardio in the evening after your last meal Morning : ???? (Can you give an indication of what sort of Cardio you should do in the morning?) Evening : 20 minutes on the treadmill before you sleep or if that isn't possible try 3X5 rounds of jump rope. Even the bike, just so you are burning calories after eating and making your body work before sleeping. Sample Diet Drink at least a gallon (4 litres) of water a day, always keep a bottle of water in your hand so that you're sure you're drinking at least a gallon. Breakfast Oatmeal with half a banana and a scoop of whey. Water and a cup of green tea. Snack Almonds/dates and some more water. Lunch Usually a salad with grilled salmon or chicken (best to stick with chicken?). Snack Maybe a ryvita cracker and some more almonds and some fruit. Dinner (not after 6pm) Chicken or fish, (chicken's generally better) with salad or rice. (Salad is lighter but Rice give's you more energy to train) Optional Flaxseed oil and 2-3 glasses of green tea before bed. 5 days out Increase your water intake, drink 1.5 -2 gallons (6 to 8 litres) a day 24 hours before the weigh in You put on Albolene, (You rub it all over your body, especially in your arm pits, you neck, and your ass crack, These are the places that heat up most.) and then the plastics. On top of that you should put on some sweats and sweatshirt. Sometimes I will put on a jacket on top. You will either jump rope, run, shadow box, or sit in a sauna and shadow box. I do 5 minute rounds for about 30 minutes. Sit around for the next 30 and let it pour out of you. You should lose about 3-4lbs every session. Do one session right before you go to sleep the night before the weigh in. Another one when you wake up, and if need be one more about 1.5 hours before the weigh-ins. AFTER WEIGH-INS: Start to sip on Pedialyte until you finish one of the large bottles or a couple of the smaller ones. After weigh-ins I will slowly begin drinking for about 30 minutes and then start to eat a bit. Eat some wheat bread to keep your stomach settled and then begin to start putting chicken, rice and pasta back in your body. Protein bars are ok as well and then EVERYTHING.Once you are sick to your stomach chill for a while until you lose about 5 pounds in the restroom (not really 5) and your stomach will relax. You should be pounding the water until you finish a gallon the same night after weigh-ins. Note : Your piss will get darker while you are cutting and you don't want to let it get brownish because that is kidney problems. As you are re-hydrating you wanna keep drinking a ton of water until your piss is getting to be clear again and then you will know that you are re-hydrated fully again. After cutting so much water you usually won't piss for until you are almost 3/4 of a gallon back in your body. Continue to drink water ALL night, meaning when you wake up in the middle of the night to piss, drink more. Day of Fight I always eat some Pancakes in the morning for some good carbs. I will kind of go back on my regular diet after breakfast but just increase the amounts a bit. Don't get sick the day of, so eat in moderation and use the restroom (very necessary). Eat some fruit also through out the day. Begin to back off as the event gets closer so you are not bloated and feel bogged down. I don't know if these are all scientifically correct but it has worked for me many times.
8/11/06 8:14 AM
WestsideStrangler

WOW!  Very cool.  That looked pretty spot on.  Only think I do any different is diet and I think that is different for everyone.  I will give an example of what I am eating now for this fight coming up.  I was 176 this morning.  Also I sometimes (probable like this time) will cut 12 instead of 8-10.
8/11/06 8:37 AM
WestsideStrangler

Meal 1   (1 Packet Kashi Oatmeal (Truly vannilla))

Meal 2   (1, 4oz banana, 1 table spoon natural Peanutbutter)

Meal 3   (4 oz ground beef 98/2 best or 96/4 acceptable and 1/2 cup brown rice)

Meal 4   (1 scoop of protein)

Bout 900 calories.  That is what i am eating now :(

8/11/06 12:33 PM
droc

Thanks Chris, I'll add that as a second sample diet. Anything else ? How much cardio, and what should you do in the moring ? Thanks DROC
9/1/06 4:51 PM
C-Hamzeh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Sep-06
I got 12 to do in this coming week. I did this for 10 a few months ago, along with adjusting my sodium intake and it worked like a charm. Going from 157 to 145 for Thursday. Chris, how do you eat for low sodium for the couple days before the weighin? C
9/6/06 6:44 AM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-06
This is by far the most useful thread I've seen. July 1st I decided to take a fight for Oct 7th. We weigh in the day before. I started this at 183 (not exactly svelte). I'll be fighting at 155. I stopped drinking and upped protein and lowered carbs as well as upped the number of meals I eat per day. As of today (with about 4 weeks to go) I weigh about 164. So that's a bout 8-9 pounds in 4 weks or so. I feel pretty comfortable and will be using the info from this thread to get me where I need to be. Aside from really understanding the deal with the water weight and actual time to start cutting, I was doing well. Part of me kinda wants all of this information only for myself. It feels like I have the advantage knowing this (provided my opponent is dropping a lot of weight too.) I also feel like I can't get enough information so if there is any more info that you feel would be useful, I'm all ears. Great thread. Thank you.
9/7/06 7:13 PM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 07-Sep-06
chris@chrisbrennan.com
9/29/06 7:05 PM
jonnykombat2007

Edited: 29-Sep-06
Well, I am going to put this thread to the test. I have exactly 4 weeks until the 'day before' weigh-ins. I currently weigh 185pds and need to be 170lbs for the fight. I would like to get down to 178ish within 48 hours of the fight. What do you guys suggest to lose the 7-10pds over the next 4 weeks? That is much more than a pound a week, So I am curious as to how drastic you suggest the diet get, and the cardio presciption (in addition to regular MMA training). I think I understand the 5 day prior prescription (although I didnt really catch the sodium intake discussion?, but I am wondering what I should be focusing on over the next 3 weeks? Any help would be appreciated Thanks Chris et. al.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.