UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/6/03 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-03
So the MMA Tape Holy Grail List so far is: Confirmed Tapes: 1) Rickson vs. Anjoh 2) Mars Rising Stars 3) ?? Unconfirmed Tapes: 1) Tito/Murray 2) Riccio/Robin 3) ?? Soon to be Released Tapes: 1) Rooftop NHB (Coleman/Randleman) 2) UCC 12 (Pulver/Ludwig) 3) ?? Heh heh. DUNK1
11/6/03 1:59 PM
GodzillaFuria
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Vale Tudo Maracanazinho with Baterelli vs. Zulu from 1984? I have it but it's a real shitty copy. Or the World Kung Fu Championships from 1981 with Ron Van Clief?
11/6/03 2:15 PM
hodges03

murray knocking tito out would`ve great.
11/6/03 2:29 PM

"UCC 12 ... Pulver vs Ludwig..." I have that on my PC, someone in the crowd had the presence of mind to tape it and rip it. I got it thanks to a canadian connection, Ludwig absolutely tore Pulver apart.
11/6/03 2:37 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Edited: 06-Nov-03 04:36 PM
Most Shootboxing events in general are pretty hard to find.. Also King of Sanda
11/6/03 2:42 PM
JCryan

There are actually two versions of the IFC 1 event. The US version cuts off before the final match with Igor Vovchanchyn vs John Dixon. The Russian version includes the final match but was said to be released under the name "Night of Diamonds". I've got the "so-called" US version but I haven't been able to locate the Russian "so-called" version. There were also two UFC tapes released (non events) which were titled: ULTIMATE BEHIND THE SCENES 1 ULTIMATE BEHIND THE SCENES 2 I haven't been able to find them in an NTSC format (I heard they sucked anyway) but if your a die hard collector...
11/6/03 2:51 PM
RKing85
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you know miller is laughing throughout this thread. He's probably got every one of these "hard to find tapes". What's your tape collection up to these days miller? how many events? My collections stands at 46
11/6/03 3:14 PM
Ryan G
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i see nothing called MARS rising stars on sherdogs" To my knowledge, full results of this event have never been released anywhere. Mark Hanssen won the tournament. John Dixson, Moti Horenstein, and Sean McCully were all in the tournament as well. Most of the Russian events are very rare. They're the hardest for me to find, at least. There was a Brazilian event with Assuerio Silva vs. Charles Gracie. That's a rare one also.
11/6/03 3:18 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember seeing an 80's VHS tape at a store with Chuck Norris on the front of the box. It looked to be a full contact karate tournament of some sort, any ideas on that one? Probably not rare, but just to keep the thread going. Miller, apart from that MARS tourney, what is/are your holy grail(s)? DUNK1
11/6/03 3:35 PM
leemar

"nothing on those fighters records called mars rising stars" I don't have the tape, but know the fights happened. Mark Hanssen (?spelling) won... It was for an alternate spot in Mars and future fights if Mars continued.
11/6/03 3:40 PM
CharlesFFA/AFA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are all wrong. Ask any tape trader and they will tell you the one tape that was made that no one has but everyone wants is.... Tito Ortiz vs. Eugene Jackson I have talked to Tim Lacijk and Eugene Jackson and they cant even get a copy!
11/6/03 3:40 PM
Steak Knife

I think my rarest tapes are Bam Bam Bigelow vs Kimo and the tape where Doug Dedge dies
11/6/03 3:48 PM
Ryan G
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another rare one... Oleg Taktarov tapped some nobody as well as Moti Horenstein in some event called National Freesparring. Both with kneebars. I believe they were the only two MMA fights on the card. The event took place somewhere in Europe. A buddy of mine told me he saw a picture of Horenstein being helped out of the ring, so there must've been video cameras on hand as well. Never heard of a tape of this event, though.
11/6/03 3:56 PM
DUNK1

Awesome info... However, the dirty word 'tape trader' came up! We are all gonna get banned! DUNK1
11/6/03 4:03 PM
JKING
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was an event in Atlanta with a young Jeremy Horn, Brian Dunn, Matt Andersen, and a few pro wrestlers. I think Don Frye was there too, not sure. Miller will know. I have a lot of local fights on tape that are hard to find, but many people in the area have them.
11/6/03 4:03 PM
ClockChokeOrange
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about either of the LUMAX Cups of Japan (95 & 96). These were MMA tourneys w/ GI's IIRC. There are some pretty good fighters that competed like Egan Inoue, Kikuta, TK etc. Check it out at Sherdog ... http://sherdog.com/fightfinder/eventinfo.cfm? eventid=475 I'm sure there are some sweet Shoot tapes from the early days that are really hard to get.
11/6/03 4:11 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moti fought John Dixson. I have know John Dixson personally. They did fight.
11/6/03 4:13 PM
Ryan G

"MARS was in 1996. Horenstein has only 1 fight in 1996, his debut vs. mark coleman. nice try" LOL. Dude, you're not listening, are you? Full results of that tournament were never released. For the record, I'm pretty sure FCF's database lists partial results (which are the only known results). "How about either of the LUMAX Cups of Japan (95 & 96)." There were 5 Lumax Cup events. 1994, 1995, 1996. And then there were 2 events in 1997. One in July, a heavyweight tournament. Then another event in December, with both a middleweight and a lightweight tournament. Uno gets tapped out in 17 seconds in the final of the lightweight tournament, to the smaller Uematsu. I have all 5. :)
11/6/03 4:15 PM
e. kaye

I am pretty sure that Moti fought in a bunch of fights that were not major promotions, especially overseas. One of my best friends fought on a few of the same cards in Europe and you would never find the results here.
11/6/03 4:16 PM
Ryan G

Edited: 06-Nov-03 04:10 PM
My buddy just signed on. He told me the event with Oleg landing two kneebars (one on Moti) was in Kazakhstan. Interestingly enough, SEG was at one point planning on holding a UFC event in Kazakhstan, and even introduced some guys from Kazakhstan to the audience at UFC 14.
11/6/03 4:19 PM
thedwarf

I think the first round of UFC 2 with Lucarelli v. Wiet would be a candidate for the Holy Grail of tapes.
11/6/03 4:24 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moti tapped Dixson with a leg lock. It's listed on the fcfighter database like Ryan G said.
CharlesFFA/AFA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have the oleg fights at the academy in FFA in miami.
biggy-g
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-03 04:20 PM
"UCC 12 ... Pulver vs Ludwig... " Ha, I watched that on an official tape 3-4 days after the event. The first IFC in Canada is impossible to find. The main event had the guy from Montreal (Alcide) throw like 246 punches from the mount (seriously) before the ref finally stopped it. The entire crowd was silenced. The producer of the show said that this was supposed to be flagship video for the IFC in Canada, but after how violent the main event looked he decided not to give the tape out to anyone. NOBODY can find that tape. :)
11/6/03 4:27 PM
biggy-g
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the way, like I wrote the last time a thread like this came up, I would imagine that Rorion Gracie has probably compiled alot of rare stuff... especially that rare Gracie/Vale tudo stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.