UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/9/12 5:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gem City
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/12 5:20 PM
I believe that I have this tape. Rickson vs anjoh
5/9/12 5:22 PM
Gem City

Mark Hunter - 
Savbo1 - The hardest tape is the Rickson-Anjoh. I know of one person that has it and I've offered him alot of $ and he won't take it. IMO, that is the hardest tape to find.

Chris is correct. Back in the infamous tape trading days of the late 90s, I got a copy of just about every event mentioned on this thread. The Rickson-Anjoh footage is like spotting Sasquatch.

I believe i have this tape
5/9/12 5:27 PM
marmitooo
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for this thread
5/9/12 5:41 PM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skinnywussy - 
D241 -
UGCTT_chuckles1 - 
Motivated Penn - Hey wasn't there a fight in the UFC that Stitch Duran said was so bloody Zuffa didn't show it..? Anybody got that one, or any info?
It was Jonathan Goulet vs Jay Hieron. You can find it online.

bullshit(on finding it online)
You can download it from UFC.com.

I checked ufc.tv and ufc.com and if it was ever there, it has been removed now. So if a link is to surface, either in this thread, or in my inbox, I would be thankful :D
5/9/12 5:57 PM
BullyKiller
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito vs Murray
5/9/12 6:02 PM
phdinmma

BonquishaBLOOD -
phdinmma -
BonquishaBLOOD -
phdinmma -
DUNK1 - Miller/Ryan G/Damion/etc., What is the rarest tape out there? What is the holy grail of MMA collecting? Yes, I am bored. DUNK1
I have a video of hector Lombard breaking someones tibia and fibula in half. Sounded like a gun shot. It was at a grappling tourney about 2 years ago. No one else was taping. Phone Post
Show me Phone Post
Pm me your email address Phone Post
I did but why not YouTube it? Phone Post
I might, I just don't think the guy who's leg was broken would appreciate it... Phone Post
5/9/12 7:35 PM
BonquishaBLOOD
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phdinmma -
BonquishaBLOOD -
phdinmma -
BonquishaBLOOD -
phdinmma -
DUNK1 - Miller/Ryan G/Damion/etc., What is the rarest tape out there? What is the holy grail of MMA collecting? Yes, I am bored. DUNK1
I have a video of hector Lombard breaking someones tibia and fibula in half. Sounded like a gun shot. It was at a grappling tourney about 2 years ago. No one else was taping. Phone Post
Show me Phone Post
Pm me your email address Phone Post
I did but why not YouTube it? Phone Post
I might, I just don't think the guy who's leg was broken would appreciate it... Phone Post
True but that's life. Phone Post
5/9/12 7:56 PM
Mattefrost
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All these clowns with VHS tapes need to upload that shit so future MMA fans and fans already that haven't seen them (like me) can before a lot of these tapes are lost for good. Phone Post
5/10/12 7:52 AM
UGCTT_MIGHTYMOUSEFTW
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd for a YouTube marathon later. Phone Post
5/10/12 7:45 PM
flyingtx21

bas rutten and ricco rodriguez sparring session
5/11/12 3:42 AM
Kobayashi

Got most of the stuff mentioned here tried to give it all away recently to a local ( very good) mma gym only to be told that no one would be interested. Expected someone to want them if only to convert them but no. Damn shame I spent a fortune on all this stuff back in the day. Phone Post
5/11/12 3:47 AM
myrites
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito vs Murray lol Phone Post
5/11/12 4:40 AM
NotTheNoobURLooking4

Is there any way to get episodes of the mma tv show Passing The Guard? Does anyone remember it? Passing The Guard aired on KDOC in LA & Orange County around 2004-05. It was hosted by Black House's Jorge "George Brazil" Guimaraes, and showed fights from Meca Vale Tudo, Pride and UFC.
5/11/12 6:51 AM
guardbr8kr

sub
5/11/12 1:36 PM
Morgz
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its awesome to read how this thread progresses.  Early on, people are talking about their "tape collection".  Now everything has moved through to DVD, straight to some sort of digital format online.
5/11/12 1:55 PM
BrewBarry
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbing to an awesome thread
5/11/12 2:11 PM
manzuri
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
5/11/12 2:28 PM
flyingtx21

chuck spinning back fists dudes on the streets of England
5/11/12 3:21 PM
Warlike MMA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1193574140296314666
5/11/12 3:51 PM
Doc T
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
5/12/12 2:23 AM
Evzey
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -
UGCTT_chuckles1 - 
Motivated Penn - Hey wasn't there a fight in the UFC that Stitch Duran said was so bloody Zuffa didn't show it..? Anybody got that one, or any info?
It was Jonathan Goulet vs Jay Hieron. You can find it online. Phone Post

bullshit(on finding it online)
I've seen this online! Can't remember where 2, but it's definately out there Phone Post
5/12/12 3:59 AM
fight4real
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It may not be a "holy grail" event, but I have long searched for the Vancouver B.C. Bodog event and have never found it. I have even offered a reward. Damm fought Bow, Thompson fought Weir, Aaron Riley fought, among others. Obviously I'm interested in my own fight, but only a few fights from a two-day double event were released on the site before it went black. Anyone out there have the footage? Good luck with that. Phone Post
5/12/12 4:29 AM
ricksongjj

Man I wish they would release the footage of Rickson vs Anjoh.I would love to see that fight.
5/17/12 11:23 AM
carcaju
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotTheNoobURLooking4 - Is there any way to get episodes of the mma tv show Passing The Guard? Does anyone remember it? Passing The Guard aired on KDOC in LA & Orange County around 2004-05. It was hosted by Black House's Jorge "George Brazil" Guimaraes, and showed fights from Meca Vale Tudo, Pride and UFC.

Hey mate, I think you might be able to find them on youtube or similar.
Either that or I was watching an episode on CombatTV in Brasil last year. I think I am leaning more towards youtube or a bjj website, because the footage looked really old (VHS footage old).
No idea where to look but good lock.
5/17/12 12:31 PM
nhbguy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed that it has to be Rickson-Anjoh, that would be the Honus Wagner of mma tapes. Rickson has a copy and maybe one or two others. I have a number of tapes that were mentioned on this thread, I still have boxes of fight tapes in the garage that I used to get from tape traders and other sources all over the world. I started converting them to DVD but it was very time consuming so I didn't get very far. Here's ones I had the hardest time tracking down:

IVC 14 Venezuela(One night 16 man tournament under vale tudo rules won by Alex Steibling & a young Cyborg Santos)

Kuwait Warriors War(8 man tourney where Pele ko's Hughes)

Royler Gracie vs Eugenio Tadeau Hotel Fight

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.