UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

12/6/12 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Dinamita
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed...9 years late Phone Post
12/6/12 4:32 PM
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

<> Phone Post
12/6/12 5:38 PM
Tolstolobic

TTT 4 old schools Phone Post
12/6/12 6:36 PM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got an actual street fight on VHS tape between Ryan Gracie and some guy named Tico. Ryan Gracie bites Tico's ear during the fight. I think it took place somewhere in Brazil.

I remember reading about some tape of an underground (as in unsanctioned) MMA card from the early or mid '90's that featured Don Frye. I think that Scott Ferozzo was in it as well. I think that it took place in Atlanta, GA.
12/6/12 6:44 PM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been wanting to see the Yoji Anjoh vs. Rickson Gracie fight for years.

Can you imagine the balls that it took for Yoji Anjoh (a Japanese pro wrestler) to hop on an airplane from Tokyo to Los Angeles, and to show up at Rickson Gracie's dojo and challenge him to a fight? Rickson wasn't there and Anjoh refused to leave until Rickson showed up to fight him.

Could you imagine anyone doing something like this today? I just can't see this happening today, even the best fighters would probably call the police or say they would only fight if they had their lawyers draw up a contract and they were getting paid a lot of money.

Yoji Anjoh was a motherfucking warrior with balls of steel.

I've been a critic of Rickson for ducking top fighters during his career, but I'll tell you what, kudos to him as well for not pulling some chickenshit move like calling the police or never showing up to fight.

It seems like old school fights like this just don't happen anymore.
12/6/12 6:58 PM
theshooter

I've also got an old Gracie Jiu Jitsu in action tape where during one part of it, they show some beach in Brazil where Rickson is at and Hugo Daurte (Remember him? Tank Abbott beat him up at one of the UFC's a while back, I think it was the UFC that Tank fought in before he lost to Pedro Rizzo at the first UFC show in Brazil) comes up to Rickson on the beach and gets in his face and challenges him to a fight. Rickson then slaps Daurte in the face and the two start fighting right on the beach! This is at a regular beach where there are normal people there just enjoying the beech and the weather. Could you imagine witnessing something like this?
12/6/12 7:13 PM
CLINTK9

I have a tv guide ad for an event called:

(Time Warner Home Theater Presents) FUTURE FIGHTS

then it says:

Today, March 13 on PPV

"Wtiness the Meanest Fighters and Martial Artists."

Anyone know what this event was or did it even happen?
12/6/12 7:14 PM
CLINTK9

CLINTK9 - I have a tv guide ad for an event called:

(Time Warner Home Theater Presents) FUTURE FIGHTS

then it says:

Today, March 13 on PPV

"Wtiness the Meanest Fighters and Martial Artists."

Anyone know what this event was or did it even happen?

it was in 1994
12/6/12 7:22 PM
ranier wolfcastle
991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

future fights was fake

theres at least 1 of the fights on youtube now

several of the fights mentioned on this thread are on youtube these days

12/6/12 7:50 PM
DanteHec
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzon - Isnt there a tape of someone trying a jump kick, and getting rock bottomed? I thought maybe it was travis Fulton doing the slamming, maybe? Id love to see a clip of that one.
Little did he know he would perform one Phone Post
12/6/12 11:50 PM
theshooter

Anyone know how to put videos from VHS tapes on YouTube? I've got a ton of stuff on VHS tapes that I know that a lot of people would like to see on YouTube.
12/7/12 10:36 AM
xakx

What's a VHS tape?
12/7/12 11:11 AM
MolsonMuscles
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson/Anjo is STILL the Holy Grail.

For you younguns out there, "tape trading" on the UG back in the day was like asking for a stream today -- verboten, lest ye incur the wrath of Kirik.
12/7/12 11:19 AM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked up a DVD on ebay that has all 400 of Rickson's fights on it. A bit grainy and hard to tell if it's him at times. Legit or no?
12/7/12 11:30 AM
MolsonMuscles
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound - I picked up a DVD on ebay that has all 400 of Rickson's fights on it. A bit grainy and hard to tell if it's him at times. Legit or no?

Totally legit, imo.

12/7/12 11:55 AM
Jump Kick
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE_REAL_AMERICAN - 
Jump Kick - 
THE_REAL_AMERICAN -

Sorry guys... i didn't know about this thread (until i created something similar yesterday and was informed).. Not that it is a huge fight to the average MMA fan, but to the UG.. i think i have a big big big one.. I own the master (and only) copy of McCorkle Vs Tiny (for tinys belt)... Huge new years eve show, lots of big names on the card; Dave Herman, Shamar Bailey, Paul Bradley, Dan Hornbuckle, Davion Peterson, Dustin Neace, etc.

Lots of blood in the big sexy/ tiny fight.

How and why? Phone Post

how and why what???  

How did you come into possession of the only copy?

Why is it the only copy - unreleased?

Who has the rights to the video?

Will it be released?

Thanks for posting and reviving this thread.

-jk

11/25/13 12:36 PM
MRPLOW

MRPLOW - Does anyone that with any of the following tapes, have the ability to post them on youtube?

Clash of the dragons 1
Clash of the dragons 2
Tent tumble 1
Tent tumble 2
Fearless Fighting challenge's
Raw combat

Any info on Bridge Brawls? Event in 1994 that Jason Fairn fought on before UFC 4.

Also I have a tape of brazilian underground fights that I got in the late 90's that has some rare fights, including video of an NHB show in a gym from before UFC 1. Ricardo Morais fights on it, also a lunatic is on it that looks like he came straight from the mental hospital. They fought on mats and I believe some of this footage is used on the Renzo Gracie intro for the WCC PPV.

Anyone?
11/25/13 1:19 PM
staygreenponyboy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/25/13 1:20 PM
Ziga
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for bumping this thread. I've found out about some great events and managed to find some of them. Tonight will be a good night.

Thanks again, to all who contributed in this thread.
11/25/13 2:20 PM
cawsie77
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 3:07 PM
Dan Pagan
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contenders? Where can I downlo..... ER buy a copy. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 4:02 PM
EatonBeever
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson / Yoji Anjo is in fact the Holy Grail of MMA video footage....

For myself - I've always wanted WMMAA 1 - Megafights, featuring nearly all the Lion's Den guys. Ken Shamrock vs. Sam Adkins main event, Vernon White, Joe Hurley & Phil Baroni.    I saw pics in a magazine (2002) and it looked like they were video taping it, so maybe its out there...

Rodrigo Gracie in Vengeance at Vanderbilt, i know this is out there, but haven't found it anywhere.  I have the Matt Serra @ Vengeance at Vanderbilt. 

11/25/13 4:09 PM
RKing85
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great thread.

should be required reading for anyone who has joined in the last 5 years.
11/25/13 4:29 PM
Pro Ice
1938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

11/25/13 7:02 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.