UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/25/13 8:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - Anyone know how to put videos from VHS tapes on YouTube? I've got a ton of stuff on VHS tapes that I know that a lot of people would like to see on YouTube.

Yes you need a VCR to do it. Basically you connect the VCR to your computer and the computer turns it into digital video files. I did it years ago when I had a VCR with some old family videos. I also have a cassette to MP3 converter, I'm so cool.
11/25/13 8:13 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Totally sub Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 8:15 PM
IAHAWKS13
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My brother and I have tried to research much of the history of MMA. A couple years back my brother finally found a website with the complete results of the MARS Shooting Stars tournament, including three alternate or extra matches. The site was in a foreign language, but the matches and results were easy to read. So here you go:

Alternate Match:
Ethan Andrews defeated Lance Batchelor; 0:59 TKO

First Round:
Mark Hanssen defeated Sean McCully; 8:20 TKO
Moti Horenstein defeated John Dixon; 11:31 Sub
Martin Villa defeated Anthony Macias; 11:37 Sub
Gene Lydick defeated Geza Kalman, Jr.; 8:55 Sub

Alternate Match:
Leon Baker defeated Mike Beebe; 1:25 Sub

Semifinal Match:
Mark Hanssen defeated Moti Horenstein; 3:02 Sub

Alternate Match:
Justin Martin defeated Franc Schuwer; 1:32 Sub

Semifinal Match:
Gene Lydick defeated Leon Baker; 18:44 Sub

Final Match:
Mark Hanssen defeated Gene Lydick; 6:24 TKO
11/25/13 9:01 PM
QBBX51

Jump Kick - 
THE_REAL_AMERICAN - 
Jump Kick - 
THE_REAL_AMERICAN -

Sorry guys... i didn't know about this thread (until i created something similar yesterday and was informed).. Not that it is a huge fight to the average MMA fan, but to the UG.. i think i have a big big big one.. I own the master (and only) copy of McCorkle Vs Tiny (for tinys belt)... Huge new years eve show, lots of big names on the card; Dave Herman, Shamar Bailey, Paul Bradley, Dan Hornbuckle, Davion Peterson, Dustin Neace, etc.

Lots of blood in the big sexy/ tiny fight.

How and why? Phone Post

how and why what???  

How did you come into possession of the only copy?

Why is it the only copy - unreleased?

Who has the rights to the video?

Will it be released?

Thanks for posting and reviving this thread.

-jk

so this never got answered?
11/25/13 9:10 PM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can I not buy affliction events anywhere? Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 9:28 PM
Kimo Lives
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread just inspires me to build a video library or become an official mma historian.

I couldn't think of a better gig than being a mma historian Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 9:39 PM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAHAWKS13 - My brother and I have tried to research much of the history of MMA. A couple years back my brother finally found a website with the complete results of the MARS Shooting Stars tournament, including three alternate or extra matches. The site was in a foreign language, but the matches and results were easy to read. So here you go:

Alternate Match:
Ethan Andrews defeated Lance Batchelor; 0:59 TKO

First Round:
Mark Hanssen defeated Sean McCully; 8:20 TKO
Moti Horenstein defeated John Dixon; 11:31 Sub
Martin Villa defeated Anthony Macias; 11:37 Sub
Gene Lydick defeated Geza Kalman, Jr.; 8:55 Sub

Alternate Match:
Leon Baker defeated Mike Beebe; 1:25 Sub

Semifinal Match:
Mark Hanssen defeated Moti Horenstein; 3:02 Sub

Alternate Match:
Justin Martin defeated Franc Schuwer; 1:32 Sub

Semifinal Match:
Gene Lydick defeated Leon Baker; 18:44 Sub

Final Match:
Mark Hanssen defeated Gene Lydick; 6:24 TKO

Lydick was a pro wrestler from the UWFI

11/25/13 10:06 PM
jpm995
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow all those guys in that tourney were pretty good in their day, very interesting matchups.
11/25/13 10:21 PM
rbl
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -
rbl - I don't even know if this exists as a tape, but in the very late 90s, maybe early 00s I saw a shidokan tournament in Sydney Australia which featured Moti Horenstein and I think Mo Smith and maybe Cyrille Diabate. At the time I didn't know who any of them were so the names didn't really stick with me. Has anyone got this?

moti vs diabate
Thanks Dan, but that's not it! It was definitely in Oz, I was there. In hindsight I think it was Manson Gibson, not Mo Smith, and a big white guy with a Polish surname got to the final. Each fight was three rounds, different rules each round. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 10:30 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/25/13 10:36 PM
A video-taped boxercise class with Dana White?

May need to put an ad on Craigslist to anyone who took sessions with Dana as the instructor:

**Looking to pay top dollar for video tape of boxercise class in Las Vegas several years ago featuring an instructor who used inappropriate language early and often and was critical of the best participants**
11/25/13 11:21 PM
kingkoopa

max power - well i have ufc 75, already!

LOL!
1/1/14 3:54 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRPLOW - 
MRPLOW - Does anyone that with any of the following tapes, have the ability to post them on youtube?

Clash of the dragons 1
Clash of the dragons 2
Tent tumble 1
Tent tumble 2
Fearless Fighting challenge's
Raw combat

Any info on Bridge Brawls? Event in 1994 that Jason Fairn fought on before UFC 4.

Also I have a tape of brazilian underground fights that I got in the late 90's that has some rare fights, including video of an NHB show in a gym from before UFC 1. Ricardo Morais fights on it, also a lunatic is on it that looks like he came straight from the mental hospital. They fought on mats and I believe some of this footage is used on the Renzo Gracie intro for the WCC PPV.

Anyone?

TTT for more rare vid talk. Another year gone, with even more rarities available on YouTube. Thanks to all that shared their stories and vids.

PS. Would love to see the Tent Tumble events if anyone has a link.

DUNK1
1/1/14 7:03 PM
AsimpleFan
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Notched Art, Sander
Great thread. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 7:12 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lee Murray vs Tito @ the club

1/1/14 8:37 PM
WeidmanCheckedMyAss
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tent Tumbles 1 & 2 were not that great at all.

1/1/14 10:11 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WeidmanCheckedMyAss - 

Tent Tumbles 1 & 2 were not that great at all.

This description makes it sound fun....

http://www.davesbjj.com/dbjjforum/viewtopic.php?t=1890

Excerpt:

"Then all of a sudden, there was a deafening sound of helicopter blades
directly overhead, hovering and shining lights down. We were about to get
busted by the RCMP. The ring announcer wittingly grabbed the mic, and told
everyone to get inside and pretend we it was a kinky stag party. So they
through a couple of lesbians on the stage (they were hotter than hell) This
apparently worked as the cops withdrew and were not to return...I heard on
the news later that they couldn't get a warrant.
15 minutes later it started to pour raining and the tent tarps were coming
apart while the 'prison revenge' match was being held. I was starting to
get tipsie, but i stood back and surveyed this very unusual collage of
events....There in the ring was a fight based on 2 guys just released from
prison that week, fighting with workboots on and at the same time the roof
caving in from under the water, with dozens of guys feverishly trying to
hold the place together. I reflected later many times on that specific
moment of my life."

DUNK1
1/1/14 10:41 PM
WeidmanCheckedMyAss
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don`t remember alot.I do remember the ropes on the ring were atrocious.I think the video is put out by Headless Horse promotions.

Some guys got arrested and I believe some guys didn`t get paid.

1/1/14 11:28 PM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I used to have the tent tumbles on VHS, which means I probably still have them somewhere.
1/1/14 11:45 PM
DFWcholesterol

TPSM - Pentagon combat is very easy to get. Tape traders had that one sent to everyone years ago and yes COWA also had it. I would say Rickson vs Zulu 1. The first event they fought in when Zulu was 140-0 and Rickson was 20 years old.
Who is this Zulu you speak of? Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 11:47 PM
Tolstolobic

In Phone Post 3.0
1/2/14 12:12 AM
zazen br

Kneeblock - According to my understanding, Kevin Randleman vs. Carlao Barreto is one of the more rare fights out there. Some event in Brazil called UVF. In fact, it was a tournament and the whole thing is rare. Barreto also beat Geza Kalman and Dan Bobish that night. Unrelatedly, someone posted this link a long time ago. Don't worry Mods, it's not a trading link, it's just info. It tells the whole story of the rarest fights/myths in MMA and has a long section detailing Rickson vs. Anjoh. geocities.yahoo.com.br/magatown/ingles-historias.htm Also, most early Rickson and Rolls footage is kept in a locked vault by Carlson Sr. He absconded with a great deal of footage upon his "exile" from the Humaita clan. -knee
I was at that event, in fact it was the first MMA event I ever attended. Great fights. Phone Post 3.0
1/2/14 12:14 AM
EatonBeever
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zazen br - 
Kneeblock - According to my understanding, Kevin Randleman vs. Carlao Barreto is one of the more rare fights out there. Some event in Brazil called UVF. In fact, it was a tournament and the whole thing is rare. Barreto also beat Geza Kalman and Dan Bobish that night. Unrelatedly, someone posted this link a long time ago. Don't worry Mods, it's not a trading link, it's just info. It tells the whole story of the rarest fights/myths in MMA and has a long section detailing Rickson vs. Anjoh. geocities.yahoo.com.br/magatown/ingles-historias.htm Also, most early Rickson and Rolls footage is kept in a locked vault by Carlson Sr. He absconded with a great deal of footage upon his "exile" from the Humaita clan. -knee
I was at that event, in fact it was the first MMA event I ever attended. Great fights. Phone Post 3.0

UVF 6 isn't rare at all, I have that one.  VHS semi-bad video quality, but its out there easy to find.

1/5/14 1:33 PM
Cojendo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DFWcholesterol -
TPSM - Pentagon combat is very easy to get. Tape traders had that one sent to everyone years ago and yes COWA also had it. I would say Rickson vs Zulu 1. The first event they fought in when Zulu was 140-0 and Rickson was 20 years old.
Who is this Zulu you speak of? Phone Post 3.0
So, you might not be aware but "MMA" didn't start with the UFC. Vale Tudo, or free fight, was going in decades before UFC 1. There is a famous match of Zulu vs Rickson Gracie that took place in the 80's. Gracie came out on top and it is rare because, besides his japan fights in the 90's, hardly any of Rickson's fights were recorded. You can watch it on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/Rf_Nl7zJkvI

Hope this helped. I know a lot of people are new to the sport and don't know all of the history and random facts. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 6:19 PM
LayNPrayEveryDay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-xc1zqx4go
1/5/14 6:26 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy thread Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.