UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/7/03 8:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NHBStriker
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Nov-03
mennis65, I know the Fearless Fighting show which you're talking about. Roni Roberts from the Lion's Den won the fight and when the other guy's coach climbed up on the fence to jump in he got yanked backwards off of it by 290lb. Dan Freeman. Freeman is Ken Shamrock's best friend and nutrition coach.
11/7/03 9:12 AM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mcleod, Was Clash of the Dragons 2 a legit event? I think I remember reading somewhere it was all worked (or perhaps a mix of works/shoots?). TTT - for more insight from the tape heavyweights on the forum. DUNK1
11/7/03 10:08 AM
Miller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok guys.I'm sorry i haven't checked this thread in the last 48 hours but I got cut in practice last night and lost a lot of blood in my mouth and had to get some stitches done,passed out and then went to work so I will have to work through all of these one at a time
11/7/03 10:11 AM
Miller

"There was an event years ago. It was in Hawaii and had Fred Floyd, Kimo and John Lewis.This was before Extreme Fighting even. If there's a tape of that it has to be very rare.I think it was called Ultimate Pankration or something." I have parts of that event.I have the Lewis/Thomas Pucket fight but not theKimo fight. "The first few Shooto events from 1989 Circuito de Lutas (Patino, Bunn...) World Pankration Ukrainian Oktagon Gasei Vale Tudo (Braga, Duarte...) The Wars 5 (Nakai, Minowa...) Koppo Vale tudo (Uno...) MARS Tryouts Mr Strong Guy '96 (8 man with igor V.) Clash of the Dragons Tent Tumble 1 & 2 Vale Tudo Perceptions" Chemmy,I have all of those "Was Clash of the Dragon's a legit event?" Yes it was,Clash of the Dragons 2 has Frank Shamrock/Hebestreit,Severn and Frye in it as well
11/7/03 10:14 AM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Miller... DUNK1
11/7/03 10:18 AM
Miller

"Isnt there a tape of someone trying a jump kick, and getting rock bottomed? I thought maybe it was travis Fulton doing the slamming, maybe?" That would be Fulton/Bullock from EC22.FCF has it on dvd. "The Russian version includes the final match but was said to be released under the name "Night of Diamonds". I've got the "so-called" US version but I haven't been able to locate the Russian "so-called" version. " I got that from Riovideos.I think they are combatchannel.com now or something close "you know miller is laughing throughout this thread. He's probably got every one of these "hard to find tapes". What's your tape collection up to these days miller? how many events? My collections stands at 46" Hey,we all have to start somewhere.I remember when I had 10 and thought I had a lot.Now I have around 1700 "Ask any tape trader and they will tell you the one tape that was made that no one has but everyone wants is.... " A friend of mine in Nebraska has it.I didn't ask for a copy because his wife is a bitch but I did see this tape in his living room one afternoon. "I think my rarest tapes are Bam Bam Bigelow vs Kimo and the tape where Doug Dedge dies " Got both of them.The Dedge tape I keep locked away out of respect.
11/7/03 10:31 AM
Miller

"Oleg Taktarov tapped some nobody as well as Moti Horenstein in some event called National Freesparring. Both with kneebars. I believe they were the only two MMA fights on the card. The event took place somewhere in Europe. A buddy of mine told me he saw a picture of Horenstein being helped out of the ring, so there must've been video cameras on hand as well. Never heard of a tape of this event, though. " I think Andre has this one.Someone was selling a best of Oleg tape a while back and it had these matches on it.I think the nonamed guy was Mick Tierney or something like that.I heard both fights were worked though "i've been looking for shogun from hawaii (with lawler) for a while. " I have that one also "1. ultimate pankration (ruas vs lambert) 2. Mega fight (shamrock vs adkins) "These two will probably never get released 3. pw-gumi from 12/92 (shamrock vs fujiwara) -try looking at overseas prowrestling sights,they have them 4. Pancrase 7/96 (Kondo vs williams) this is the only friggin show Im missing up thru 1997 -got it 5. Ruas early matches vs Marco Selva and Paulo "he-man" (I believe) -these are probably really rare but I know someone who claims to have them 6. Rutten kickboxing matches (16 of them) -The only one I have seen was Bas against Lobman but Nikko-press has a lot ofthem but they are in European format 7. World Pankration championships from 1/98 (mezger vs magilonico) -I have one of the WPC events so I know the others are probably out there somewhere 8. Bohlander vs benedict -got it 9. Bohlander vs pete williams (dont know if it was taped) -never heard of this one,which event was it in? 10. ufcf 1 and 2 -parts of them 11. mezger fought in four different 8 man tourneys for dale cook "Cook's events are pretty easy to come by.I have an event where Mikey Burnette got choked completely unconcious in one of Cook's events. "IF the Frye fight in Atlanta the same thing as the underground fight(s) he was in? " Yes it is "How bout the World Fighting Federation tape with Gokor and Matt Linland? Is that rare? " No,it was on ppv. "Didn't Gene Lebelle do some mma fights also? That would be some sweet footage. " I have his fight with Milos Savage on tape "I would like to know if anybody has a copy of "Rumble in Roseville" in 1998.I know it was taped.It had Tim Lajcik vs Jeremy Screeton in the finals.Also on the card was Eugene Jackson vs Vladimar Matyushenko? " Crowbar is correct in that this is another rarity. "The rarest event for Miller is Obake's New Year's Eve Knockout show that was in Atlanta in '99. It had Horn vs. Nick Starks, Travis Fulton vs. George Allen, etc. I know he's been looking for that one for a while. " Yeah,I know a guy who keeps telling me he'll get it to me but I think he's just fucking with me "I also have Doug Dedge's first fight on tape in Griffin, GA from '98. " Me too,he lost to armbar to Sean Brocmole
11/7/03 10:38 AM
DUNK1

Man, I wish all threads on the UG were this informative... TTT DUNK1
11/7/03 10:40 AM
Miller

"-Some events that took place that I'd LOVE to find sometime. - the Oleg event in Kavakstan that was mentioned with the kneebars. -" -I already coverred this one "The Two Karo/Sherk fights (I was at them both, and have seen them on video with Manvel and Karo in the hotel room afterwards) - The Manvel/Sherk fight (the overtime split decision...same as above..was there) -" I have both of these,you can get them from randy Greenman "-Again, another event I was at was where Harut tapped Travis Fulton with an achilles lock rather easily. I'd like that tape. "-One of Greenman's events as well "-The event where Sakaraba fought right before the UFC..Tank's boys I think."-Kingdom event where Saku fought Paul herrera and Eddie Ruiz fought Kanehara.You can get it from pro-wrestling sites "I`m sure that this tape is out there.But who has the event in Stockton Ca at the Main Street Gym that has Gil Castillo vs Vernon "Tiger" White in the Finals.Cesar Gracie & Jerry Bolander were the Ref`s? " I'm expecting this one ion the mail any day now from one of the guys that fought in that event. "There were fights not shown from ufc 1? "-Jason Delucia beat Trent Jenkins,it is out there "Does anyone else remember these shows? "-I foughtin one of those.Scott bessac from the LD was in the one I fought in.Brett AlAzawi won my tourney.I have a couple of those events but I am still looking for the one with Varelans,Newton and Bobish in it.Varelans won his fight but Bobish and Newton both lost.Newton lost to Dalla.
11/7/03 11:02 AM
DUNK1

Okay here goes. Last year? I read an article in Bizzare magazine (UK mag) about handicapped 'fighting' matches held in cages in Japan. They had several pictures of a smallish crowd (50 - 100) around a square cage and they showed some of the competitors. If I remember correctly, most looked to have several mental (down syndrome?) as well as physical (limbs missing) handicaps. Not to turn this thread into a debate on if this is moral or not, but were these events legit? By reading between the lines, I got the impression that these events were staged puroresu stiff-work type matches, but the article indicated they were legit. Perhaps I shouldn't even have brought this up, as I think it is pretty bad regardless if they were work or shoot. I don't think they gave the name of the organization in the article. Also, I think they had a name for these types of matches in Japan (kinda like the term otaku describes a shut-in or anime freak). Info? DUNK1
11/7/03 11:41 AM
whaledog
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Oleg Taktarov tapped some nobody as well as Moti Horenstein in some event called National Freesparring. Both with kneebars. I believe they were the only two MMA fights on the card. The event took place somewhere in Europe. A buddy of mine told me he saw a picture of Horenstein being helped out of the ring, so there must've been video cameras on hand as well. Never heard of a tape of this event, though" Those fights are on a tape that of Oleg's unseen fights that Oleg was selling a couple of years ago. I have them.
11/7/03 11:43 AM
whaledog
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The rarest tape I know of is the Shogun show in Hawaii. Dennis Hallman fought Amuray Bitetti, Kid fought Josh Thompson, Robbie Lawler fought, Duane Ludwig TKO's Wildman Denny, etc. The tape has never been release to ANYONE. But, I heard that 1 or 2 people have a copy that has no audio.
11/7/03 11:49 AM
Miller

Whaledog,that is what I have is a copy with no audio
11/7/03 11:58 AM
Naughty Gorilla

Sounds cool. Did Frank Dux win it all ?? "My rarest tape is the World Kung Fu Championships from 1975. It was held in Hong Kong and featured fighters from all stand-up styles competing in a somewhat open forum. No groundwork, but it was full contact and it was interesting to see all traditional styles going at it. Ron Van Clief was actually in it and he knocked out one opponent before getting KOd himself. What's even better is the hilarious British commentary."
11/7/03 1:08 PM
whaledog

"Whaledog,that is what I have is a copy with no audio" You mean you don't get to hear my incredibly insightful color commentary? You poor soul. :) Actually, I'd love to see a copy of the Shogun show. I can't even get the "no-sound" version.
11/7/03 1:34 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know a guy who does video production. he loaned me some original tapes of events that were so low quality. it made no sense to market them. looks like they were taped with the 1st video camera invented. anyway they must b awfully rare...
11/7/03 1:44 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Noone mentioned Robin vs Riccio ?
11/7/03 2:00 PM
marsupial

I'd like to get my hands on a tape or too of some pikey bareknuckle fights, like they have at the gypsy fair type events.
11/7/03 2:44 PM
Miller

I have Battle Of Styles 1,2+3.You can get them from riovideos which I believe is now the combat channel
11/7/03 2:51 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunk1: was that called "Dog Leg" wrestling? Cause I have still photos of it, but no video.
11/7/03 2:56 PM
Marc_Scott

Russian Judo
Dunk, Yes they were legit, I used to have the poster.
11/7/03 3:33 PM
DUNK1

Hmmm Dog Leg doesn't ring a bell... but it could be. Not sure if these events were taped or not. The article only had photos from the event itself.. not from a video capture or whatever. I am sure someone from Japan could answer... do I really need to know this??? :( DUNK1
11/7/03 4:15 PM
cunzun

who won between kimo vs bam bam/
11/7/03 4:17 PM
DUNK1

Kimo by ass whooping...... mount punches. DUNK1
11/7/03 4:18 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimo mount puched BamBam into bloody mess. Bam Bam was a late replacement...it was supposed to be Vader, am I right? Miller? Anyone?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.