UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/7/03 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cunzun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Nov-03
wow thanks wish i could see that fight anybody hhave a clip?
11/7/03 5:10 PM
Beezulbubba
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, I have both that magazine and seen an online site for the handicap stuff. And it also goes by the name doglegs, and I have one on the way.
11/7/03 6:50 PM
Miller

"Kimo mount puched BamBam into bloody mess. Bam Bam was a late replacement...it was supposed to be Vader, am I right? Miller? Anyone? " I recall FSN reported Bam Bam to be the opponent long before the event happened as Bigelow was known in Japan to be a real tough guy.This is the first I've heard abotu Vader. Also Kimo took him down instandtly and got the mount and rained down punches and headbutts openning a nasty cut.After 2 minutes of this Bigelow rolled to his stomach and Kimo applied the rear naked choke. Also on this card Frye/hall2,Severn doing a grappling match with another pro-wrestler,Becky Levi fighting some other woman and Pat Smith/Dave benateau. When I first got into collecting this was the first event I wanted.I didn't know at teh time that there was so much else to choose from out there.
11/7/03 7:17 PM
fryabusa
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if this tape really exists but I heard there was an event that Mikey Burnett got knocked out in. I used to get emails from some guy selling vids a couple of years ago and that was on his list but I never bought it. Anyone have details?
11/7/03 7:27 PM
Miller

Mikey wasn't knocked out form punches he was choked unconcious from Kevin Nixx(sp?).Mikey shot in and Kevin guilottined him completely out while standing.
11/7/03 7:38 PM
Miller

Yeah,it's the first round of UFC2 and a collection of alternate bouts from the new years' shows if it's the same one I have.
11/7/03 7:46 PM
fryabusa
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the correction
11/7/03 9:01 PM
nhbbook

U-Japan, that featured Kimo vs. Bam Bam and Don Frye's second fight against Mark Hall, is pretty easy to find. U-Japan did a second show in 2001 I believe, but it was filled with no names and open hand only. One of the rarest things I have is a documentary from 1995 called INSIDE ULTIMATE that was made for a syndicated cable show. It's basically behind the scenes material from UFC 6 and has a lot of interviews with SEG people. I also have the infamous interview with Kimo that took place on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. Apparently Kimo thought it was a legit interview, but they made him look horrible. Oh I forgot having Guy Mezger vs. John Dowdy from UFC 5. That was pretty hilarious with Dowdy being in his late 40s if I remember. He learned real quick what NHB was all about when he pulled on Mezger's ponytail.
11/7/03 9:46 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So is the dogleg(s) promotion puroresu ? Or actual MMA??? I am guessing puroresu... DUNK1
11/7/03 10:13 PM
killingmachine

"I also have the infamous interview with Kimo that took place on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. Apparently Kimo thought it was a legit interview, but they made him look horrible." lol when was this?
11/7/03 10:25 PM
mennis65
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NHB Striker, I remember seeing the big guy get up. After he yanked the coach off of the fence, another guy threw a chair towards the guys from the Lion's Den. The announcer said "We are 30 seconds away from calling 911". It finally calmed down but I think I remember Mario Yamasaki (I believe it was him) trying to keep the peace. Very strange evening.
11/7/03 10:46 PM
nhbbook

The interview with Kimo was back in 1996 I believe and basically Kimo was set up...getting laughs by interviewing him about Christ while showing clips of him in the octagon.
11/7/03 11:16 PM
BeeLee

11/8/03 1:16 AM
j-money
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Nov-03
There is a tape of Marco that used to be sold. Not sure if it is anymore. It was called Macro Ruas Unleashed or something. It had some of his students and him fighting on it. I saw it. Anyone know what I am talking about?
11/8/03 2:21 AM
fightforpride

Yup...you're right. I have it & here's the list... Ruas Unleashed: 1.Luis Cardoso v. Josias Rocha 2.Alexandro Silvia v. Aderley Maia 3.Paulo Coelho v. Washington 4.George Vira v. Geraldo Silva 5.Marco Ruas v. Francisco
11/8/03 5:41 AM
Miller

"I also have the infamous interview with Kimo that took place on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. Apparently Kimo thought it was a legit interview, but they made him look horrible. " I have that as well.It's really quite comical because Kimo was so nervous that he got his names mixed up and talked about David in the Lion's Den and then someone corrects him and says it was Daniel.It was That Whitney Brown guy from SNL that did the piece on him.He ended it with Royce having his hand raised and said "Kimo's will is strong but unfortunately his opponent's is stronger" or something along those lines.I haven't watched it in a couple of years but I remember taping it wjen it came on because I had to scramble to find a tape.It was back when Craig Kilborn was teh host. "Oh I forgot having Guy Mezger vs. John Dowdy from UFC 5. That was pretty hilarious with Dowdy being in his late 40s if I remember. He learned real quick what NHB was all about when he pulled on Mezger's ponytail." I have that one as well.I never knew what Dowdy looked liek until then and when i was watchign the video I was like who is this old guywith the coke bottle glasses.It turns out he was a local instructor and that is why he was used.Dowdy threw some awful crescent/hook kicks and Mezger took him down,mounted him and beat on him.It looked like he was fighting his dad or something.I felt back for the old guy.
11/8/03 6:16 AM
Redneck
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Footage of The TV show Gladiator starring Iha. " It was Battledome and I have that tape.
11/8/03 6:17 AM
Miller

Daryl Gholar was on there as well
11/8/03 10:34 AM
Miller

I don't believe he did
11/8/03 11:49 AM
Miguel Iturrate

Wow - I just read through parts of this. That Riley show in Okinawa was called Kakadamishi - it featured pro wrstling and kickboxing, and Riley was the only MMA fight. IT was on TV and out there - I think I have the Riley fight, and some footage of Tiger MAsk from the show. The Abu Dhabi 1st year was on sale and out there - it is the 1999 that no one has. The 1999 will be released next year - I have clearance from ADCC to do it, finally. I am pretty sure the KIMO-BAM BAM show was released as U-Japan. Did that ome up here? I have a horrible version someone sent me, though I cant remember if it was all complete.
11/8/03 12:11 PM
Miller

"That Riley show in Okinawa was called Kakadamishi - it featured pro wrstling and kickboxing, and Riley was the only MMA fight. IT was on TV and out there - I think I have the Riley fight, and some footage of Tiger MAsk from the show." I must've missed mention of this.I have the entire event of kakidamishi.It is available for commercial sales although most of the event is lame.
11/8/03 12:46 PM
Kneeblock
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to my understanding, Kevin Randleman vs. Carlao Barreto is one of the more rare fights out there. Some event in Brazil called UVF. In fact, it was a tournament and the whole thing is rare. Barreto also beat Geza Kalman and Dan Bobish that night. Unrelatedly, someone posted this link a long time ago. Don't worry Mods, it's not a trading link, it's just info. It tells the whole story of the rarest fights/myths in MMA and has a long section detailing Rickson vs. Anjoh. geocities.yahoo.com.br/magatown/ingles-historias.htm Also, most early Rickson and Rolls footage is kept in a locked vault by Carlson Sr. He absconded with a great deal of footage upon his "exile" from the Humaita clan. -knee
11/8/03 1:47 PM
Miller

"According to my understanding, Kevin Randleman vs. Carlao Barreto is one of the more rare fights out there. Some event in Brazil called UVF. In fact, it was a tournament and the whole thing is rare. Barreto also beat Geza Kalman and Dan Bobish that night." UNIVERSAL VALETUDO 5 The Pedro/Lucio Carvalho+Brian Johnston/Egidio DaCosta Fernando Bosco/Douglas Aquino+He-Man/Victor Vasquez Johil De Olivera/Christian Quesado UNIVERSAL VALE TUDO 6 Carlo Barretto/Geza Kahlman+an Bobish/Jucimar Hypolito Kevin Randleman/Ebenezer Braga+Gary Goodridge/Mario Neto Not really that rare.I've had them for years.They are available at a lot of prowrestling sites as well. You guys need to learn what the meaning of rare really is.
11/8/03 1:54 PM
Kneeblock
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay Miller, here's 2 rare ones: Rickson vs. 26 guys in a gym. He taps them all in succession and barely breaks a sweat. A certain Goat I know put me onto this. Also, the out-takes from CHOKE featuring Rickson rolling with Royler to prepare for JVT '95. They exist and they're on the market! -knee
11/8/03 2:11 PM
Miller

"Rickson vs. 26 guys in a gym. He taps them all in succession and barely breaks a sweat. A certain Goat I know put me onto this. " I have this,it's a seminar from Chicago.My chiropractor was actually one of the guys at the seminar.That's how I got that one. Was that a certain judogoat that put you onto that,because I believe he has the other footage as well.However most tape collectors are looking for actual fights and not just various footage. "Also, the out-takes from CHOKE featuring Rickson rolling with Royler to prepare for JVT '95. They exist and they're on the market! " I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find footage of Rickson having sex with his wife taped by some stalker that stood outside his window with a camcorder but most of us are just looking for fight footage.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.