UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/8/03 2:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
leemar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Nov-03
Miller: 1700 tapes!! Have you watched them all? That's gotta be like at least 3400 hours, or 212 16hr days!!
11/8/03 2:39 PM
adambjjoz

I Have the first Rings Holland event and the Aussie UFC event with Sperry / Sinosic / Vernon Tiger White / Haseman in it. These are pretty hard to find.
11/8/03 3:19 PM
The Kangaroo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, i thought my 85 tapes was alot! ive got a ways to go. miller, have you thought of hooking up with someone and converting your tapes to dvd? also did you say you have a copy of tito/eugene? the main topic has been lost though as to what would be the "holy grail". id think Helio/Kimura or Rickson/Zulu uncut would rank right up there.
11/8/03 3:49 PM
Jake Rossen

I've always wanted to see Rickson/Anjoh. Unfortunately, it's this clique-ish thing where if you own it, you're not copying it. (Hell, I wouldn't, either.) I do have a ridiculous Japanese talent show called "Muscular Athlete Challenge" that has Rickson playing tug of war with Satake. Surreal.
11/8/03 4:00 PM
Miguel Iturrate

The 1999 ADCC got the kebosh pretty good - very few have ever seen that. The best of have a handful of the matches - that is i, though.
11/8/03 4:08 PM
DUNK1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the holy grail. Looks like it is Rickson v. Anjoh DUNK1
11/8/03 4:18 PM
ccp

Awesome thread. Very informative.
11/8/03 7:46 PM
ironyuppie

11/8/03 8:09 PM
nhbbook

I have a music video of Rumina Sato's theme music!
11/8/03 8:55 PM
BustamanteFan

Shogun
11/8/03 10:24 PM
DUNK1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT - Still looking for an answer on the 'dogleg' promotion... are these events legit (ie. non-worked), or as I suspect, puroresu? DUNK1
11/9/03 2:26 AM
shootfightermike
978 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Nov-03
one time i dreamed i was fighting royce. did anyone tape it?
11/9/03 9:16 AM
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Miller: 1700 tapes!! Have you watched them all?" Yes but sometimes a stack will sit in my living room for a month before I have a chance to get to it. "and the Aussie UFC event with Sperry / Sinosic / Vernon Tiger White / Haseman in it." FSN used to sell this. "miller, have you thought of hooking up with someone and converting your tapes to dvd?" No,it would take forever "also did you say you have a copy of tito/eugene?" I don't but a friend of mine does.I was going to ask him if I could get a copy but his wife was nagging in the background about their kids doing bad in school and her mom was going to be disappointed and I was like"Well,it's time for me to head home,I'll catch you leter(when your bitch of a wife isn't here)"
11/9/03 9:22 AM
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"id think Helio/Kimura or Rickson/Zulu uncut would rank right up there. " I think these are a holy grail for bjj fans but in genaral most collectors aren't really looking for them. The footage is too old and noone really cares at this point. "Miller, can you list which PPV events have been aired in North America other than the UFC/Pride/KOTC/UCC? " Off of teh top of my head every UFC,KOTC since KOTC13,WVC4(Ruas/Smith),World Fighting Fedaration,Pride since the first GP,UCC was never on US ppv,MARS-Reality Superfighting,Battlecade Extreme Fighting 1-4,IWF Contenders,World Combat Championships Canada has shown WEC6,UCC and Superbrawl
11/9/03 9:26 AM
Miller

"And do you remember when the UFC first started going live? " It went live from UFC1 but I didn't have ppv until Ultimate Ultimate '95 "The 1999 ADCC got the kebosh pretty good - very few have ever seen that. The best of have a handful of the matches - that is i, though." Yeah that's all I have is camcorded footage of the best matches "Miller-Sorry, I can't find it on the thread. Did you say you owned the Russian version of "Night of Diamonds" with Igor in the finals? " Yes,you can get this from combatchannel.com.Igor fights John Dixon in the finals. "Shogun " This has been discussed and I had a big slam prepared but I won't waste my time with it.Just read the fucking thread,douche bag.
11/9/03 10:21 AM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Nov-03 12:07 PM
Actually the Aussie UFC has been commercially released in the USA. It was at a local video chain here.
11/9/03 11:05 AM
Miller

"Actually the Aussie UFC has been commercially released in the UFC." I think you may be mistaken here.the Australian event was in no way connected to the UFC.In fact SEG sued them for using the name UFC.They later changed the name of the event to Australian Caged Combat.
11/9/03 12:20 PM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oops, my bad, Miller. I edited my post. it was supposed ot be USA, not UFC. And yes, it was also called Caged Combat.

On another side note, the same video store had a fight tape I believe to be an early RITC in AZ. It featured a demo by Ricco Rodrigez(sp) and a mixed Muay Thai fight (male/female).

11/9/03 1:33 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Face it, Helio/Kimura uncut is the grandaddy of rare tapes, maybe Liuke can convince uncle Rorion
11/9/03 4:40 PM
TimLajcik1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of the IFC eight-man tournament where I fought Eugene Jackson in the Finals. It was my first MMA competition. Paul Smith repeatedly told me it was forthcoming, but he's never delivered. Also, Rumble in Roseville would be great to get a hold of. That was another 8-man heavyweight tournament. Finally, I fought a guy in something called the Draka World Championship back in '99. Don Wilson and Benny "The Jet" Uriquidez were announcing. I used to have a copy, but lost it in a fire at Eugene's place and haven't been able to find another copy. If anyone knows where I can locate any of those, I'd be grateful for the info...timlajcik@hotmail.com.
11/9/03 6:16 PM
Cal Cooper
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok boys, here's something to make your mouths water. In the very early days of the Fighting Arts Video Connection I negotiated with Scott Bessac to release the Loin's Den's tryout/initiation tapes. Evidently they taped all of the early tryouts. Bessac has them and he was into the idea of marketing them. At the time he and Ken weren't speaking. During the next few months as I tried to finalize a deal, Scott hooked up with Ken and and they hung out and started mending fences. Ken made it very clear hat he didn't want the tapes released. So, . . . It was a great missed opportunity. Scott told me about some of the fights. It sounded pretty hardcore, and I knew NHB fans would be interested, especially at that time.
11/10/03 12:21 AM
JKING
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-03
I need to save this thread.........
11/10/03 9:28 AM
DUNK1

TTT
11/10/03 7:26 PM
JKING
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
11/11/03 2:51 PM
JKING

Edited: 11-Nov-03
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.