UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/12/03 5:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JGO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-03
There's a bunch of IFC Warrior's Challenges that have been "in editing" for years. I would pay a lot of money for #9, which had Chuck Liddell vs. Steve Heath as a headliner.
11/12/03 5:21 PM
Miller

"Miller is correct on the Future Brawl events being the precursor to Super Brawl. Future Brawl 5 is probably a “holy grail” tape as no one seems to have it (Aside from T Jay, of course), but I don't know if people are clamoring to see it. " I actually have all of them.I had to make copies of them for T Jay Thompson because he misplaced his. "I wish EF4 and UFC's 23-29 were available." They are and they're not that hard to find either
11/12/03 5:46 PM
johnnypayne
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"LOL, it wasn’t a shoot....And I believe that was shown on television, so it’s not rare at all seeing as how so many pro wrestling fans record every footage of that shit they can" I always figured it was a work, but Tiger go split wide open by GnP(no blading)so there was room for interpritation, as for the rarity, I am the only person I know with it full length on tape(it was edited in the UK), and I kow a lot of Wrestling fans.
11/12/03 6:21 PM
BZLJJ
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know of ONE rare tape that Miller doesn't have. I think I am the only one that has it. He will own it someday though! ;)
11/12/03 7:13 PM
John Clendenin

Walt Bayless x Mark Schulz in a training session I heard about this tape several years ago, before I had even started training, and was new to the internet. Not sure if it's for real or not, but it supposedly showed Schulz getting taken down (!) and tapped several times by Bayless. Anyone else heard of this? Honorable mention: A Chinese martial arts tournament held sometime in the 30s, which was stopped halfway through because of all the casulaties.
11/12/03 9:17 PM
Miller

"I know of ONE rare tape that Miller doesn't have. I think I am the only one that has it. He will own it someday though! ;) " lol,in December it will be two years since I've bene hearing that
11/12/03 10:36 PM
casagrande

About 5 or 6 years ago I remember Rorian Gracie going to Brazil to promote a Gracie In Action video that was released only in Brazil. I remember him saying that it was a shame it wasn't going to be released in the states because it was really well done. Anyone remember hearing of that rare video??? has anyone ever seen it??? Michael Medina.
11/12/03 10:37 PM
Kneeblock
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daimon Hellstrom? How are we supposed to believe anything the Son of Satan says? That's a pretty big comic geek reference even for me. :-) Anyway, speaking of private challenge matches, Pedro Carvalho of instructional fame has fought several. He tapes them all and just recently fought some guy from the Shark Tank according to one of my friends who trains out there. Carvalho hasn't really fought Vale Tudo, but I'd love to see him do it. I went to his school once and the man's got skills! While this may not be sought after, it's out there and probably very enjoyable! -knee
11/13/03 1:17 AM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-03
Fuck that, I wanna see the 1930 China one!
11/13/03 5:48 AM
Agent2600
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SPRAWL -On The Mat -Tough Media
i have helios fight on VHS, LOL j/k
11/13/03 7:45 AM
Owen Gregg
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*tag
11/13/03 9:26 AM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me more about the 1930 China one... KUMITE , KUMITE! j/k ! ;-) DUNK1
11/13/03 9:33 AM
TPSM

Those IFC's are everywhere. You can get them in stores. As for Night of the Diamond, that one is equally easy to get. A clean copy of UFC 2 fights that weren't on the ppv is non-existant. You can get a pirated copy, but the quality is hurrendous.
11/13/03 9:47 AM
Daimon Hellstrom

DUNK1: I just find the concept of that DogLegs event to be bizarre.....Then again, they have that one-legged guy in the WWE. JGO is correct. Some of those IFC Warriors Challenge events need to be released. "Daimon Hellstrom, You were talking about some rare IFC`s that didn`t get recorded?All 3 are out there and available.Even the" Yes, a lot of IFC events are out on tape, but the third IFC event was never released. It was held in Mobile, Alabama on September 14, 1996. Mike Sciortino won an 8-man tournament, beating Brian Gassaway & Frank Cucci along the way....Wes Gassaway won his 8-man tournament, beating Harry Moskowitz in the finals. The rare events I referred to that weren't recorded (Aside from the 3rd IFC event) were events Buddy Albin did after he was kicked out of the IFC. I think he called them either the International Warrior Federation, World Fighting Council, or World Fighting Championships. One of those 2 events had a riot occur because two pro wrestlers tried to pass their match off as a legit MMA match, and the crowd got pissed off. After Albin did those two WFC events (Or whatever they were called) he started up another promotion called Power Ring Warriors. Most (If not all) of the PRW events were held in Texas, and due to Texas rules had open-hand slaps. Anthony Macias, Yves Edwards, Scott Morris, and others competed in these.
11/13/03 10:07 AM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daimon, "One of those 2 events had a riot occur because two pro wrestlers tried to pass their match off as a legit MMA match, and the crowd got pissed off." Hahha that sounds funny... "On another side note, the same video store had a fight tape I believe to be an early RITC in AZ. It featured a demo by Ricco Rodrigez(sp) and a mixed Muay Thai fight (male/female)." Do you have this event? DUNK1
11/13/03 10:38 AM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, Dunk, that's going way back in the thread. Yes, I do have it.
11/13/03 10:50 AM
DUNK1

Edited: 13-Nov-03 10:46 AM
Beezulbubba, Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was asking if Daimon had seen it. I have seen this commercial tape too, and I always wondered what event it was (RITC ??). I don't think they the mention it on the tape or show any posters etc. Was the tape called 'Battle of Styles: Man vs Woman' or something like that? I remember it is as being in a square cage, and having some works on the card (which I guess I now realize were exhibition bouts?). I dont think they advertised them as such in the tape. Again, going from memory I dont think there was even any graphics or commentary on the video, just edited footage? DUNK1
11/13/03 10:59 AM
ScottinCali

Savbo1 is the man on tapes! He is right on about the Rickson Anjoh tape. Rickson has one and "A close friend" told me who had the other and he was actually threatened to never let that tape out. Crazy shit!
11/13/03 12:38 PM
Miller

How about WEF 1-6?
11/13/03 12:54 PM
Daimon Hellstrom

WEF 1-6 for sure. DUNK1: I haven't seen that event with the man vs woman kickboxing match.
11/13/03 1:49 PM
John Clendenin

DUNK1, My knowledge is sketchy, but I read references to it in BK Frantzis's book, The Power of Internal Martial Arts. He recounts his training with a succession of mainly internal Chinese kungfu teachers, culminating in his time with Liu Chung Chieh. He says Chieh competed in the tourney, and includes a group photo of the competitors (there were a BUNCH of people in the shot). He claimed that the internal stylists were doing lots of damage, and tells similarly strange and fantastic stories about the abilities of Chieh and others. Interesting, but kind of hard to swallow (Thanks alot, Matt Thornton! You killed the dream!).
11/13/03 7:11 PM
Miller

"Has anyone bought from Combatchannel.com recently?" Not recently but I used to buy from them all of the time when they were Riovideos
11/13/03 8:06 PM
DUNK1

John, thanks for the info. DUNK1
11/14/03 10:16 AM
Miller

Edited: 14-Nov-03
"So Rickson`s loss to Ron Tripp isn`t out there either?" It's out there in camcorder footage.
11/15/03 10:11 PM
Beezulbubba

Edited: 15-Nov-03
Ooh, Miller how about Monte's Cage Combat events?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.