UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

11/16/03 8:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Nov-03
"Ooh, Miller how about Monte's Cage Combat events?" All of those are available except for the first one which imo was the best(not just because I won in it either but because it had a great lineup)
11/17/03 10:04 AM
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Nov-03
Revolution Fighting Championships-Randleman/Foster,Phippen/Alcarez,etc...
11/19/03 7:53 PM
Miller

Edited: 19-Nov-03
Oh shit,I almost forgot.I think the last few Iron Heart Crown events were not taped but if there is footage it is in high demand.
11/19/03 9:02 PM
mooch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Nov-03
Rickson lost to a guy named Ron Tripp?? What happened? Details anyone? Arias
11/20/03 10:38 AM
Daimon Hellstrom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Nov-03
mooch: It wasn't MMA, although Rickson's dubious record supposedly includes any match in any competition he has participated in (sport BJJ, sambo, judo, whatever). It was a sambo match, Tripp executed a throw on Rickson and Tripp won. I think under the rules in that particular event a throw automatically counts as a win.
11/20/03 10:59 AM
reflector

I went to an event in Oklahoma in 1996 (I think) called the World Freestyle Fighting Championship. To give an idea of how tough all the people were, Anthony Macias won the event. Many news organizations were getting turned away. There was only one camera that was allowed for this event. It might be considered one of the rarest event tapes ever.
11/20/03 11:06 AM
Daimon Hellstrom

reflector: A lot of people have that one, it was a Dale "Apollo" Cook event that was televised in Japan on tape-delay. They had another event which people talked about in this thread, where Mikey Burnett lost to Kevin Nix in the finals of the tournament.
11/20/03 11:11 AM
reflector

Actually the event I am talking about was in Oklahonma City. It was an eight man tournament. There was only one camera. They had an exhibition between a japanese fighter who had many belts with him, and a 7 foot(approximate) hick. The Good old boy kicked the shit out of the japanese guy. I thought it was kind of weird because the hick only had a few fights listed. After Macias won, they tried to have another event, where Mezger was going to fight. This event got blocked by the legislature in Oklahoma.
11/20/03 11:13 AM
reflector

I was not aware of it being on a tape delay, but I may be wrong.
11/20/03 11:22 AM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DUNK1, I think the male/female bout was one of Tom Proctor's events (not RITC), and featured Sunshine Fethkeller. He may still have it available, you could contact him at www.absolutemartialarts.com.
11/20/03 11:28 AM
Daimon Hellstrom

reflector: Yeah, it was in Oklahoma (Where Cook's gym is, and he ran a few MMA shows there), but it was televised in Japan. Macias, John Dixson, and Jim Mullen (Flabby guy who lost to Ferrozzo in the UFC, and lost to Aerts in K-1) were in the tournament. The event with Mikey Burnett was televised in Japan as well. Cook ran other events, which Burnett fought in also, and supposedly Guy Mezger fought in one or two as well. Those tapes are harder to find, but I would assume Cook probably sells videos of the events at his school.
11/20/03 1:01 PM
FatBuddha
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My vote would go to: 1. Helio - Kimura unedited 2. Rickson - Anjoh 3. Rickson - Duarte unedited (I don't think anyones mentioned this one?) This is obviously not MMA, but has anyone heard of the tape with the kali assasin in some south - east asian country in the 1950s who they got on tape just going though like 20 security people with double knives before he was stopped as he tries to execute the royal family?
11/20/03 1:23 PM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Nov-03 01:25 PM
JHR, the Tito-Chuck fight took place on an event called Cradle 2 the Grave.
11/20/03 2:22 PM
Daimon Hellstrom

"This is obviously not MMA, but has anyone heard of the tape with the kali assasin in some south - east asian country in the 1950s who they got on tape just going though like 20 security people with double knives before he was stopped as he tries to execute the royal family?" I'd fucking love to see that.
11/20/03 2:37 PM
reflector

I believe you Daimon
11/20/03 5:15 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Nov-03 05:06 PM
This thread is sweet. TheStewedOwl... thanks for the info. TTT for more info on: The DogLegs events! The Kali Assassin! Chinese death fights! Lets get it all on the table. DUNK1
11/21/03 8:06 AM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Nov-03
What about the old world series of Martial arts benny the Jet won? Or any of the old Black Dragon Dojo fights?
11/22/03 6:20 PM
Beezulbubba

Edited: 22-Nov-03
I just got two Doglegs "fights" last night. I would say they are real, they went five rounds, for three minutes. And I guess it was submission or ref stoppage, ther were no pins.
11/24/03 9:40 AM
Miller

Edited: 24-Nov-03
How about the prelims for UFC45?
11/24/03 10:00 AM
Andy_Dodd

If you can get any of the TN. Shooto tapes they pretty good as far as rare stuff goes. The last one has big john ivey in a clown suit.
11/24/03 11:54 AM
budoshin

there are some cool sparring videos of the dog brothers
11/24/03 5:53 PM
Miller

"If you can get any of the TN. Shooto tapes they pretty good as far as rare stuff goes. The last one has big john ivey in a clown suit. " I got the first one from Renken.I'm sure he knows where to get the rest from as well
11/24/03 6:06 PM
NHBFighter37

Has there ever been a real Kumite (like from Bloodsport) caught on film or video?
11/24/03 6:11 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beezulbubba... Can you explain the DogLegs tapes? Is is just wrestling or real fights? If it is the latter, do the competitors understand their situation? I just find the thing too bizzare to be 100% legit although the pics I saw seemed to indicate that it was. DUNK1
11/24/03 7:06 PM
Beezulbubba

I'd say that they knew what they were doing. They were mostly trying holds, and when they threw strikes it made you feel bad sometimes, but I would say they were trying to imitate pro-wrestling.

In Japan pro-wrestling is somewhat veiwed as real, and in that climate I would say that the tards really thought it was, but I guess it was an empowerment thing. But they just mainly grappled and struck. There was no pro-wrestling type moves.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.