UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> ATTN: Scott

5/15/02 10:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-May-02

Scott I just recently watched one of your tapes for the first time. I could write an entire page on the things I liked about your work,but for now I will limit it to three: 1.Your material is outstanding! 2.Your presentation is the best that I have seen on any other tape period! 3.You have for sure made a new customer! I am primarily interested in health,fitness,and civilian close quarter combat. What are the first products that you would recommend that I start with? Are there any instructors or training groups in GA.? Thankyou for your time, SPC
5/16/02 12:43 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 16-May-02 02:19 PM
Dear SPC, Thanks for your good words. Which tape did you see? Okay, to your questions: If you ever have similar inquiries, don't forget to view www.RMAX.tv/train.html - a good primer on product guidance. 1. Health/Fitness: get BE BREATHED, WARRIOR WELLNESS, and the Z-Series 2. Civilian Self-defense: SHOCK-Ability, Fisticuffs, and Bayonet. Now, just a word of advice, for your own safety: don't use the phrase, "Civilian CQC." You have three battles: the intrapersonal (the battle within for emotional control and mental strength), the interpersonal (the actual engagement with the assailant), and the extrapersonal (the battle for courtroom defensibility of your actions). "Close-quarters Combat" contains heavily loaded connotations, deriving from a military doctrine of attrition - decisive victory. Since you have extensive training (based upon your profile), the courts hold you to a higher ethical standard than your "untrained" civilian counter-parts. Training sacrifices indiscrimination (to a degree); meaning with your level of training the bar has raised on the courts perception on what constitutes "reasonable" behavior for you. Employing a term such as "Civilian CQC" stacks the deck against you. It would be more prudent to employ "Civilian Self-defense." (All these comments assuming your a civilian defending yourself.) 3. You'll find a complete list of my trainees and contacts at www.RMAX.tv/schools.html. We have a major facility proposed, our largest to date, for GA, soon... Fraternal, Scott
5/16/02 5:06 PM
spc

Edited: 16-May-02
Hey Scott thankyou for your quick reply. The tape I watched was Vol. 2 of Fisticuffs. That is good advice about my use of words on civilian self-defense and CQC. I just ordered the Warrior Wellness Trilogy last night. I hope it will help me with some of my injuries.I have been in the arts along time and it has been a while since I have been excited about new materilal like I am yours. I look foward to the new journey! Thankyou, SPC
5/20/02 11:46 AM
Sonnon

Edited: 20-May-02
Congrats, SPC, and let me know how it goes.
6/4/02 11:41 PM
TAFKAS

Edited: 04-Jun-02
Speaking of Catch. What are you thoughts on the ever contraversial Matt Furey.
6/5/02 12:24 AM
Sonnon

Edited: 05-Jun-02 12:24 AM
I've neither met nor spoken with him, so I have no thoughts about him.
6/5/02 5:59 PM
David Pilkinton

Edited: 05-Jun-02 06:02 PM
SPC, I am in Atlanta and will be here until August. You can contact me at dtpilk@aol.com. DP

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.