UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> "old" Judo techniques

12/7/03 3:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ResuTudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-03

Recently I went to this judo site, http://home.no.net/rbjudo/techniques/techniques.htm, and was wondering if anyone knows of good webpages with pics of judo Ashi-Kansetsu-Waza (leglocks), Kubi-Kansetsu-Waza (neck locks), and Kote-waza (wrist locks) techniques. Also, are these three wazas legal in Kossen Judo matches?
12/8/03 3:00 AM
junon
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Dec-03
from my understanding leglocks and neckcranks are still illegal even in Kosen. however i have seen some Kosen ude garami(key locks and such) variations that attack the wrist.
12/27/03 1:04 PM
ResuTudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-03 07:08 PM
After reading through Syd Hoard's A to Z of Judo at my local Kinokuniya Bookstore by Rockefeller Center, I found some intersting info: Ashi-Garami = Kneebar Hiza-Hishigi = Stepover Toehold/ Reverse Ankle Lock Hiza-Tori-Garami = Leglock Counter to Back Mount Kata-Ashii-Hishigi = Achilles Tendon Hold / Single Crab Ryo-Ashi-Hishigi = Doouble Achilles Tendon Hold / Boston Crab Atama-Hishigi = Crippler’s Crossface Gyaku-Hishigi = Guard Guillotine Kubi-Hishigi = Can-Opener Kazure-Kesa-Kubi-Hishigi = Butterfly Lock (Reverse Full Nelson) Tate-Hishigi = Standing Guillotine Tomoe-Hishigi = Stacking on Neck

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.