UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Officer Survival School

12/7/03 12:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flashman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-03

I know I am probably preaching to the converted here but this post is mainly for the benefit of any LEO's that may be new to the forum and to the SPEAR system. I am a British cop and have spent the past week training on Tony Blauer's Officer Survival School held here in the UK. It is the second time I have had the priviledge of training with Coach Blauer and this time it was a double priviledge as he was accompanied by Dr Eric Cobb. The kowledge that Tony and Dr Cobb passed on during the week is truly phenominal and there is perhaps even more knowledge to be gained over the next few months from studying the copious notes i made. If there are any LEO's out there who read this, take my advice, a Police Officer with 25 years service, you owe it to yourself, your family and anyone who cares about you to get yourself on this course, it will play a major part in ensuring that you get home after each shift. If your organisation will not pay for you, pay for yourself and if you think the cost is high, take it from me what you will gain is priceless. A big thankyou to Coach Blauer and Dr Cobb for an excellent week. I hope to see you again soon. Regards, Gary Mills
12/7/03 4:52 PM
FJJ828

Edited: 07-Dec-03
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
OCS was the first course I attended with Tony and it definitely opened my eyes to a lot of things. That class and Tactical Ground Combat were my personal favorites.
12/10/03 7:41 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 10-Dec-03
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks Gary...as I mentioned at the course, I can see big improvement in your skills. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest in 2004. Tony Psst, Fletch...its time for another session in your neck of the woods!
12/10/03 10:19 AM
Eric Cobb

Edited: 10-Dec-03
Gary: It was a great pleasure to meet you and work with you. It was obvious from day 1 how much you're working your craft. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay Safe. Eric
12/24/03 3:31 PM
Eppy

Edited: 24-Dec-03
I'm a Police Office just out of training (due to start on the street in Newham, London on the 29th December - wish me luck) anyway the Officer Safety we got at Hendon was very good, there was just nowhere near enough of it. I realise we will be getting more training at various times during our first two years, but Flashman if you are in the Met do you have any idea when the things you've learnt from Mr Blaur will be filtering down to us on the streets?
12/25/03 10:30 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 25-Dec-03
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
The Met has already started to inject SPEAR System research into its curriculmn, you likely had some tidbits in your trianing, but as it takes time to adopt new ideas at the policy level, likely the officers in next years course will get the full package. Get on my newsletter/data base for updates, you can subscribe at www.tonyblauer.com just hit CONTACT US (top right corner) and follow the directions. TOny
12/29/03 3:17 PM
Flashman

Edited: 29-Dec-03
Eppy, Sadly I'm no longer in the Met, I transfered to Humberside about 15 years ago so it was nice for me to return to my old force to do this training course. I even met some old colleagues that i used to work with. There were several PTI's from the Met on the course and I know for a fact that they were all extremely impressed with the SPEAR system. I also know that they will do all that they can to include more of it in the Met's training package. Unfortunately it seems to be the case in all the Police Forces in the UK that they do not include anywhere near enough on the job training in this important area: meanwhile highly dangerous people are given plenty of training time and state of the art facilities while they are in prison. Do what you can to train for personal defence and fitness in your own time. If the Met offer any training opportunities in your own time, take them. Get onto the Tony Blauer web site and order some of his videos and train on your own if that is all you can manage. The real difficulty is staying motivated but just remember that the psychos you're going to encounter at work are extremely motivated to do you harm. All the best in your new career. Stay safe, Gary.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.