UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Potential Fallout w/ Red Sox

12/10/03 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roman War Helmet
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Dec-03

from espn, peter gammon's article http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1683034 now that wouldnt be so hot! ack
12/11/03 10:23 AM
Lumpy Gravy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Dec-03
I agree. They are snubbing Nomar from the sounds of it. I like him. He's a stand-up guy that shines in a mad house like Boston. Turning down 15 mill/year in these times though... Anyway, A-rod and his agent met with the players association about restructuring his deal. This wouldn't have hapenned unless the trade was close to being closed. As much as I'm a Nomar fan, A-Rod is an upgrade to the position. They paid for Manny and Nomar, so I don't see why they can't pay for A-Rod and Nomar with all the new revenues that would be coming in. Even though he blew from September to October last season, he's still a quality player in my opinion that doesn't make excuses; he only tries to find answers.
12/13/03 8:38 AM
Roman War Helmet
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Dec-03
you'll have to find those quotes for me besides pedro and manny, there was very lil controversy with the red sox this year
12/15/03 1:59 PM
Lumpy Gravy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Dec-03
No kiddin. If there was something to cover, I'm pretty sure Boston media would jump on it like stink on shit.
12/15/03 10:07 PM
Roman War Helmet

Edited: 15-Dec-03
you'll have to get a bit more specific than that...if you are referring to manny's refusal to pinch hitting etc then thats old news and deals with only that player and lumpy is right, if there was any controversy at all the boston media would have been all over it i listen to the local sports radio show all the time and they thrive on that kind of stuff

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.