UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Your feelings on Frank Shamrock

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/23/04 11:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jonpall
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Feb-04
Most of what Frank uses looks like BJJ to me. And he's good at it, obviously.
2/26/04 7:11 AM
MMAFun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Feb-04
Well everybody was wrong BJ won and in a nice fashion agaisnt Matt Hughes and did not get hurt.
3/10/04 6:31 PM
Shoot77

Edited: 10-Mar-04
lets not forget that even though Franks subs are pretty basic..once you study those basics and getting down packed..you are unstoppable
3/17/04 8:05 AM
Zero1
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-04
Watch his tapes and you will see that his technical ability isn´t that great when it comes to groundfighting. I saw him doing the Kimura from the Guard in his isntructional and all he was doing was ripping the arm into the bent arm position. No shrimping, no leverage just explosive power Of course he is a great fighter but Bob Sapp also K.O.ed Ernesto Hoost and is still not a good Kickboxer. I don´t say Frank is on the same technical level like Sapp. No that would bedump Frank has techniques which work for him. But in terms of pure technical application and using leverage his skills aren´t that big. He is a natural born fighter and athlete and that´s his biggest advantage.
3/17/04 5:01 PM
JarvisKolen

Edited: 17-Mar-04
Wow, the backlash against Frank over the past couple of years has just gotten ridiculous. Jarvis
3/20/04 3:12 PM
bustyourleg

Edited: 20-Mar-04
I find franks tapes and techniques were great if you watch closer on that video the reason he traps the arm tight like that is to aviod strikes,sweep out,or get to your feet.on his other tapes he displays some of the safest and effective mount escapes ever.he attacks from everwhere from where ever he is.I like the way he does the explosive attacks that throws guys off I think because you expect people to sneak the technique on but he just forces everything that makes you work harder all the time and his conditioning is awesome so he can ware you down just imo though.
4/10/04 7:07 PM
JarvisKolen

Edited: 10-Apr-04
How many people degrading Frank's skill set have actually rolled with him AT ALL...ever?? Until you do then you can't understand the technical skill and pressure he brings to bear. Jarvis
4/12/04 1:47 PM
Honorato

Edited: 12-Apr-04
Frank would demolish everyone on this thread with ease except for Brennan.
4/12/04 1:47 PM
Honorato

and the majority of their instructors.
4/12/04 3:27 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a feeling I might have a tuff time too
8/26/04 2:15 PM
FletchMonster

Edited: 26-Aug-04
frank went to Ralphs mountainview acaddemy and got tapped by Ralph and BJ Penn and left.
9/16/04 7:01 PM
Ghidorah
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-04
I have rolled with some pretty big names including 2 bjj blackbelts and Frank. Frank did things so effortless, he was so casual about everything. I have never felt so helpless. He was the smoothest grappler I have ever rolled with. In addition he is so damn explosive (which he only showed once the entire time we rolled).

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.