UnderGround Forums

Royce Gracie >> Royce vs Yoshida Predictions

12/27/03 7:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dave Gomez
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-03

Although I would prefer the cage instead of the ring, I like the rules for this fight in Pride. You can say what you want, Royce always wants to fight the best, and this time he gets his wish. I think Yoshida is a lot tougher than some give credit, and this is going to be a great fight. As much as I will be pulling for Royce, and If Royce does win I think it will be via footlock. I have to go with the draw. Royce should be able to keep Yoshida of balance with the strikes, but I question the time needed. If Yoshida proves to be to powerful I think his only chance is via choke. Dave
12/27/03 11:12 PM
Koma
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-03 11:17 PM
The fight will quickly go to the ground. Yoshida proved he has a good chin versus Silva so I doubt Royce will bang with him. Royce may pull guard or Yoshida may even throw Royce (no big deal to Royce). I see Royce pulling of an armbar from the guard or even an omoplata or toehold (ala Mir/Tank). If Royce ends up in Yocheatas guard, he is going to leg lock him and take the foot back to Brazil. My only concern is that there are rounds. I'd rather see a 30 minute straight fight.
12/28/03 12:08 PM
pdeking
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Dec-03
Because Yoshida will finish him in 1 minute.
12/29/03 9:36 AM
BriefLives
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Dec-03
Royce by whatever he wants.
12/29/03 9:07 PM
lions-d
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Dec-03
pedking can we bet on whether yoshida will finish royce in under a minute. please talk is cheap
12/30/03 6:20 PM
ScottMorrisRULES
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Dec-03
I think both fighters are quality submission/grappling machines. I do have to give the edge in striking to Yosida. But only by default. If Royce is going to win, he is going to have win by decision (possible) or submission (likely). I'm sorry, but there is no way Royce is going to win by strikes. Royce by strikes? That's like saying Tank by submission.
12/31/03 8:30 AM
Dave Gomez
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-03
Congrats Royce!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.