UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Free Falun Gong Text Online

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/15/04 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McCandayass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jan-04

I was surfing the web out of interest in learning more about Chi Kung exercises. I came across a link that may be of interest to some here. It's a free online book titled: Falun Gong: By Li Hongzhi The link to the complete text can be found here: http://www.faluncanada.net/library/english/flg/flg_4.htm Note explicit exercises begin on Chapter 4 Falun Gong Practice System. Does anyone have any chi kung online sites they would recommend?
1/16/04 1:14 AM
pantherfist

Edited: 16-Jan-04
I thought Falun Gong was a cult?
1/19/04 5:40 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jan-04
In the rush to attack mainland China for all its human rights abuses, the Falun Gong issue is often lost completely... Falun Gong was also banned in British controlled HK Why you ask? Because the methods used seem to drive people nuts and they often wake up in the middle of the night, grab a knife and cut up their family members...
1/19/04 7:06 PM
glock4life
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jan-04
What, is it brainwashing or something? That must be some hardcore training if it drives ya crazy.
1/21/04 6:00 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-04
Certain Chi-Kung and pranayama exercises involve holding the breath and/or circulating it. Done incorrectly, you can literally fry your brain from lack of oxygen... that MIGHT be the reason, but whatever the reason is, the cases are documented
1/22/04 12:33 PM
Naughty Gorilla
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jan-04
I don't know how good/bad their chi gung is, but their leader is a cult figure. My friend's father was a member who had cancer. The group encouraged him not to take Western medicine but rely on their chi gung healing. He died soon after.
1/22/04 12:33 PM
Naughty Gorilla
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jan-04
Btw, they are definitely NOt a TMA !
1/26/04 5:45 PM
Stickgrappler
2328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jan-04
did not know this forum was up. my dad who is a devout Buddhist and has trained in hung ga and tai chi and wing chun kuen has tried some of the falun gong and he said he started feeling weird and started to see demons. in cantonese, there is a TCMA saying, "jow for yup mor", literally running fire enter demon, which to translate to something slightly modern as Robert Chu says, to put fire into brain, i.e., to make you crazy. he gave me the book and told me of his experiences and said if you want to try it, go ahead. i of course, did not try it. strange, i had 2 coworkers at my old job who were really into it and seemed ok. from my understanding, it's a cult and the chi gung/qigong or variation thereof they teach is faulty and will cause craziness.
6/5/04 12:58 PM
BushHog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jun-04 03:37 PM
"The group encouraged him not to take Western medicine but rely on their chi gung healing. He died soon after." ***And he wouldnt have by taking the toxic poison they give you here??? The moral to that story is DONT GIVE AWAY YOUR POWER, not Falun Gong or chi Gong is bad or weak...
6/5/04 7:19 PM
Shawn C

Edited: 05-Jun-04
I don't see how the Falun Gong can be called a cult. They don't ask for money (their materials are free over the net), and they don't tell you what to do. As for their qigong exercises making you crazy...I just find that very hard to believe.
6/5/04 7:47 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Many former members will tell you otherwise. Like i said my friend's father died because they told him to reject medical treatment. "They don't ask for money (their materials are free over the net), and they don't tell you what to do."
6/5/04 7:58 PM
Shawn C

"Like i said my friend's father died because they told him to reject medical treatment." So, the fact that he had CANCER had nothing to do with it?
6/10/04 4:51 AM
gakami

Edited: 10-Jun-04
I am not a falun dafa practitioner, but I've read a lot into it. As far as I am aware, falun dafa is not a cult. As Shawn C was saying, they do not collect money, they don't ask you do anything "cult-ish". With millions of followers around the world, the founder of falundafa could easily ask for a dollar each from everyone but he doesn't. He doesn't generate profits from any of his teachings which he has put in bookform, in fact they are ALL available for download free on the internet. Any proceedings from hardcopy books sold through bookshops and other regular channels cover the cost of printing and putting the books out for sale only. The chinese government has sold it as a cult though and have put out a lot of negative media releases about the system, the founder and the practitioners. It's all about spiritual cultivation and goes beyond simple qi-gong systems. According to falun dafa, qi-gong only develops the physical side of your being, whereas falundafa will help develop your spiritual side as well, on the path to enlightenment. It's probably hard for many people to believe but qi-gong really only involves your physical being. Anyone can develop qi-gong through meditation but only genuine spiritual cultivators can really take the next step to spiritual enlightenment. Regarding seeing demons and feeling weird - as I was saying above, practicing falundafa will help develop your spiritual self and in doing so, will also open your inner eye (or 3rd eye or however you understand it). This opening of your inner eye will enable you to see things beyond the physical world and is also a spiritual test, testing your resolve and spiritual strength. There's a lot more I can say about this but I'll leave it at that.
6/10/04 4:52 AM
gakami

As for denying medical treatment even in the face of cancer.. falundafa does not encourage such ..behaviour, under these circumstances. Let me try to explain - with so many followers, you would almost have to expect many levels of understanding of the spiritual path, including those who don't "get" it. To that end, you're going to get a number of people who think they understand these spiritual teachings but in reality they do not, they may only understand a very small part of it. When it comes down to it, it's your responsibility, your own spiritual journey and your own spiritual understanding. So here is my explanation as best as I understand it, take it or leave it: The founder of falundafa has explained that falundafa will NOT miraculously cure anyone of diseases, in fact he discouraged anyone thinking of adopting falundafa meditative exercises for the sole purpose of curing themselves of whatever ailment they are suffering from. Everyone of us carries karmic luggage (there is only "bad" karma, there is no such thing as good karma. That is the original meaning of karma as taught by hinduism/buddhism. The concept of "good" karma was a western/modern invention). In order to achieve spiritual enlightenment, we have to get rid of this karma and that involves a LOT of learning, understanding, life experience and a lot of suffering (spiritual, emotional, as well as physical suffering). A lot of this karmic debt manifests itself in physical diseases like cancer. It could be something you carried to this current life from a previous life. Falundafa will help you with your spiritual enlightenment but in order to do so you have to get rid of your karmic luggage. At certain points of your spiritual development as you go through falundafa, you'll reach a certain stage where you have a just a little further to go before gaining another level of spiritual understanding. So the falundafa meditation exercises can help push you on to the next level, and it does that by, how do I explain it .. it "burns" off that little of bit karmic debt you have left by manifesting it as an illness. It could be something as simple as a symptomatic common cold, or it could be that you'll be walking around for the next few days with what seems like a really bad aching back, or it could show up as something symptomatically worse. I use the word "symptomatic" because it really is just symptoms, it's not really the actual disease, only the symptoms. That's why in those circumstances, practitioners are discouraged from attempting to get rid of the symptoms with medicine. It's like taking a step back spiritually in an attempt to quick-fix a symptomatic cold with physical medicine. In light of this understanding, those who attempt to "quick- fix" their way out of a disease like cancer by jumping headfirst into falundafa will be very disappointed. What they don't realise is that there MUST be spiritual understanding to accompany genuine interest in spiritual cultivation. In saying that, there have apparently been a number of cases where falundafa practitioners have miraculously recovered from their ailments so the argument can go both ways as to the crazy notion of turning down western medicine. This is really a very brief explanation as I can explain it in my limited spiritual understanding of the principles of falundafa. As I was saying before, I'm not an actual practitioner of falundafa so you can take it or leave it with what I've tried to explain above. My 2cents.
6/10/04 12:27 PM
Naughty Gorilla

To me, it seems like a New Age mishmash of buddhism, taoism and qigong. And there is a cult of personality going on. I don't know, he just smells like a quack. How many 'instant' religions turn out to be legit in the end ?
6/10/04 12:29 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Li can do weather control and all kinds of shit: "Today, the gong powers attained by Li Hongzhi have reached an extremely high level, some of which can hardly be imagined by ordinary people. One evening in July, 1990, he and several apprentices were practicing gong in the courtyard of a government organization in Beijing. Soon, the sky became overcast. Lightning flashed and thunder rolled, seemingly just overhead, and the apprentices were becoming somewhat nervous. According to the rules of most types of fa, such weather was inappropriate for practicing gong. However, they saw their master sitting with his legs crossed on a large stone, steady as a mountain and showing not the least sign of vacillation or any intention of withdrawing. So they continued to practice gong. Strangely enough, although the clouds were very heavy and very low, and thunder shook the skies, no rain fell. When the practicing came to an end, the master calmly told his apprentices: "It will not start to rain before half an hour is up. You may leave now with your hearts at ease."
6/10/04 12:40 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Edited: 10-Jun-04 12:37 PM
"Buddhist Law has apparently earned tens of millions of dollars by selling Li's books and videotapes of his preachings, as well as meditation cushions and pictures of Li. But the full size and scope of the operation remains hidden." "Li Hongzhi, the charismatic leader of the Fa Lun Gong sect, claims powers of healing and rails against homosexuals, rock and roll, television and drugs, which he believes have poisoned the minds and bodies of mankind." "Li, 47, teaches that he was sent to earth by the "supreme being" to rescue mankind from moral depravity caused by science and technology. He claims a higher spiritual authority than Jesus, Mohammad and Buddha." http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/FalunDafa99Apr.html
6/10/04 3:27 PM
Stickgrappler
2328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to each his own. i will not try to practice falundafa.
6/10/04 8:54 PM
gakami

lol but seriously, don't believe everyhting you read about falundafa until you read through the texts yourselves. The chinese government has released a lot of negative propganda about falundafa, plus there are probably a lot of unknowledgeable practitioners themselves who don't know what they're talking about. I have never read anywhere where the founder himslef claimed superiority over buddha or jesus etc
6/20/04 1:35 AM
Crazyfoo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jun-04
Holy shit.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.