UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> New Flinch Response!

1/18/04 7:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TopCop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jan-04

This is my first thread so don't expect too much! :) Coach, just wondering about this flinch response...It's kind of wierd, but its yet another confirmation of the system! The other night, it was late and I was heading to bed. I walked into my room and then into the doorway of my bathroom. As I was walking I was attempting to get my watch off but I was having some trouble so both my hands were tied up. As soon as I walked through the door of the bathroom, the toilet seat, which was up :), fell making a very loud sound. Needless to say I was startled (the lights were off). Normally I probably would have brought my hands up to protect myself, but like I said they were tied up with the watch. Instead, my right leg (the noise was to the right) recoiled into the position of a Muy Tai Boxer blocking a leg kick. And, I actually got an adrenaline dump! I wish I could say a 'bad guy' jumped out and caused this response, but no it was just the toilet seat...:) I hope everyone can look past the comedic relief of this incident and see how we really are 'wired' to protect ourselves. Chad
1/18/04 10:41 PM
FJJ828

Edited: 18-Jan-04
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.

The "Flush Mechanism-Flinch'?

I'm glad your story went the way it did. I thought you were going to report flinching from the cold water after having sat down before lowering the seat. My wife does not appreciate my "Flinch Response" research experiments when it involves the toilet seat at 3 am. 

1/22/04 8:20 PM
TopCop

Edited: 22-Jan-04
LOL!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.