UnderGround Forums

Africa UnderGround >> South African piper technique?

2/9/04 7:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
poobear
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Feb-04

Some guy on another forum says he's from South Africa and that thee is this style called piper style, I guess it's from the prisons/reform schools there or something. Apparently there is 'no known defence' to this tech. I will paste the following description: like i sayd no defence or block agaisnt it works and its very efficient. U get some "combo strikes" aswell I've only done 2 so far 1st one:boxer (1)under eye(2)throught(3)heart(4)pelvis(5)under knee(6)ankles to finish it off 2nd one is difficult:reformatry school (1)slit throught from both sides(2)cut pelvis from both sides(3)stab under belly button and pull up(4)stab lungs(5)stab heart Any of this ring a bell?
2/9/04 7:42 PM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Feb-04 09:23 PM

Lived in South Africa for many years, worked with prisoners for a while too. Never heard of it. Is it knife fighting? If so then I would say some elements of south african society are quite efficient with a knife due to lots of real life practice ;-)

But if he says stuff like 'no defence' then  my bullshit meter readings are already off the scales...

2/10/04 8:37 AM
poobear
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Feb-04
Yeah, mine too, but it turns out he's a newby, you know how newbys are... Something did show up on google http://www.urbanshield.za.net/a10_piperarticle.html
7/23/04 1:25 PM
coachpit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jul-04
IS it similar to JAILHOUSE ROCK.. No, they seem that way due to them both being born in prison. JHR\JHB the B for Boxing has several roots. that can be trace back to the south. As far as piper goes it has a similar story. From what I read Zulu fighting techs mixed with Indo Silat knife techs in prison. Sounds good, the clip that I saw they use deception and surprise to overwhelm you from reverse grip. JHR does have a knife component also reverse grip, but most of the cats I met used a straight razor. And most are not into knives my guess is that the older cats used them, while the younger now 40 something did not (strong Arm tactic). while the new breed uses guns (no hand skills). I hope this answers your question peace Daniel
8/4/04 9:38 AM
tgo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-04
Where can one learn the PIPER techique?Is it only in Cape Town that its taught?If so where?
12/8/06 11:39 PM
oblongo
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Dec-06
I found this on the Web. http://www.pipersystem.com/ Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the clip on there to play. I'd be interested in learning more about the system as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.