UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> kimura from the half guard

2/10/04 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wbfl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Feb-04

hey chris, if you are in the half guard and want to go for the kimura and you secure the left forearm across the throat and are sitting up on your right elbow, would you suggest first grabbing his left wrist with your right hand or reach over his left shoulder/arm with your left arm that was under the throat first while still sitting on your elbow??? sorry for the confusing scenario... thanks, wbfl
3/24/04 10:49 AM
WestsideStrangler
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-04
I sometimes reach over first because otherwise he knows exactly what you are doing. You need to reach over and then pinch your elbow to your body squeezing his arm in between so he can't pull out and then quickly secure the rest of the hold. Hope that helps.
3/26/04 1:32 AM
wbfl

Edited: 26-Mar-04
that's awesome...I've been grabbing the wrist first and you're right...they know what's coming from a mile away. I'll give this alternative a shot! Thanks again Chris! WBFL
3/26/04 7:38 AM
jonpall

Edited: 26-Mar-04
I use the kimura from the bottom of the half guard mostly to get a reaction, like him ripping his arm up and away (frees me from the cross face for a few seconds and opens up a lot of stuff) or him pulling his elbow in tight (so I could try to do a hip bump sweep). I find it hard to actually submit my opponent with it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.