UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Japan JET

2/14/04 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vodka7
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Feb-04

Hi Guys, I have an interview really soon with Japan JET- The Japanese Exchange Teaching Programme. Anybody ever done this? I hear it is one of the best organizations to get hired on in terms of teaching english in Japan. I also hear the interview is very intense, and that they ask a lot of questions regarding japanese culture (even pop culture), politics, sports etc. If anyone knows anything about the interview I would be so so happy to hear from you. I really want this job. Also, If you are unfamiliar with the interview, some info on Japan would be greatly appreciated ( for instance where to find all this out). Thanks guys
2/14/04 10:43 PM
vodka7
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Feb-04
ttt
2/15/04 3:45 AM
vodka7

Edited: 15-Feb-04
ttt
2/16/04 2:54 PM
lat125
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-04
ttt, i've got my interview coming up on thurs. was figurin to make a post just like this actually. i did a brief search yesterday and got these links, haven't read em yet so i dunno how helpful they are. good luck with your interview, where are you interviewing anyway? http://cheno.com/job/career/interview.html http://www.jetaasc.org/php/article.php?content=interview
2/16/04 9:41 PM
vodka7

Edited: 16-Feb-04
hey lat- im interviewing in canada- where r u interviewing?
2/19/04 3:04 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Feb-04

Click on the link below, scroll down and click on "Japan", and enjoy searching through threads about the JET programme. The site is a site for ESL teachers. some good info on it

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/index.php

3/29/04 6:29 AM
jhenwood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Mar-04
I did my interview in Vancouver about 5 1/2 yrs ago. It was pretty intense because there were about 5 Japanese people asking me questions. Mostly they asked about what I would in the classroom to teach about my country, and to find out if I could adapt to living in Japan. If you say you are interested in Martial arts that would be a big plus.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.