UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Still haven't learned

2/15/04 5:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-04

I guess I am back to the drawing board. Everytime I train for a stand up fight I get taken down the whole fight and everytime I train for the ground I usually can't get em there. I am really seeking out some wrestling now. I am so sick of being stuck on my back. I tried to get up, sweep, kick him off and even use shitty technique and just throw him off (all that did was get my guard passed) and I still could not get off the bottom. It is getting really hard to tap guys from the bottom in NHB and especially in Pride. I feel if I could have been in his position I could have finished fairly easy but that is the problem...Getting in his position. I was very frustrated and disapointed for a few different reasons. #1 I was stuck on my back. #2 we gave a really shitty performance to the Japanese crowd, and #3 I felt like there was nothing else I could have done and that is the worse part about it. I think the guy threw about 6 landing shots the entire fight. I guess he really wanted to submit me but that wasn't going to happen either. Thanks to Zack I have a few fights left on my Pride contract and will be back to prove myself once again. I would like to thank the Japanese fans, Pride, my family and all my students for their support and apologize for this performance if it even makes the PPV. Chris Brennan
2/15/04 7:43 PM
PFC Hawaii
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris keep your head up!!!!
2/15/04 8:27 PM
JB

Nothing to apologize for....BTW I was suprised how big/ripped Takase was for this fight. With his height advantage, he made you look much smaller.
2/16/04 11:02 AM
bush hog

Edited: 16-Feb-04
Dont worry about it so much Chris. Everyone has off days, especially when faced with an opponent as slick on the ground as Takase. You have a good attitude about recognizing and improving your weak points, and then coming back stronger. This tape will be invaluable for you to analyse the shit out of and pinpoint what openings you gave Takase and then close them in training. Looking forward to watching you in your next Pride fight. Good luck!
2/17/04 2:39 PM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-04
Chris, You should consider taking weekly trips up to rAw to work out with Rico and the guys. Dont be hard on yourself.
2/17/04 10:31 PM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-04
I don't think Frank likes me
2/22/04 3:05 PM
NZfighter

Edited: 22-Feb-04
Chris, when you work out the answer to that problem let me know would ya? I constantly get frustrated with teh same thing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.

Only Pro Members and Moderators are allowed to post to this thread. Upgrade to a Pro Member account today!