UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Chris I have a Question! important

2/22/04 7:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bustyourleg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-04

Ive asked this to many people but I know you will give me a real answer!Have you got to train with Tony Ceccine out of chicago if so how good is he and is he as awesome as everyone says,I know youve trained with most of the top guys so that it was worth asking ,also who would you say you learned the most from. 'Karmendeep Johal'
2/23/04 1:03 PM
TV
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Feb-04
Ceccine can't help Chris. Ceccine may be knowledgeable about leg locks and different submissions, but he isn't involved in the fight game, nor does he train anyone that competes at the level Chris is playing. Chris needs guys that have experience in the fight game, at the highest level. Guys like Dan Henderson or Rico Chiparelli would be good for his wrestling. He has Pete Spratt for kickboxing already. As for Jiu Jitsu/subs, Chris already knows that stuff, he just needs to train with people that are on a high level, more so to keep in tune, not so much to learn. That is just my opinion. TV
2/23/04 1:43 PM
bustyourleg

I'd let chris decide that it's still worth checking out I think since everyone else just does the same kind of training right now.Its usually the guy that brings something new to the table who becomes champion of the world.look at royce he brang bjj to the table,smith and ruas brang muay thai,coleman severn brang severn,sakuraba brang unorthodox blend so did frank,and now Chris has a chance to bring Catch wrestling to the table.I here tony taps bjj blackbelts pretty easy I read it from his own site called catch4 he said the only reason he hasnt proved its effectiveness in ufc is because he has health problems,Spratt is awesome thats cool chris trains with him!
2/23/04 4:45 PM
TV
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I'm not putting down Ceccine at all, I think he has some cool subs, but it's all about transition. You can show someone a million tricks, but it's worthless without having a great tranisitional game. I think CB already has plenty sub knowledge, and he knows alot of unconventional subs as well (whether they work at this high level, I don't know). I think what can benefit Chris ground game is if he rolls more often with people that may be able to give him trouble, and people that have great transitional game, so the can go 100 miles per hour at each other. CB could use a great wrestling coach, who understands MMA. He has good Muay Thai training with Pete. As for Jiu-jitsu, he just needs to go roll with more "top" guys, just my opinion (which doesn't mean much). TV
2/23/04 5:55 PM
WestsideStrangler
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be training in Oregon with Team Quest for my next 2 Pride fights. I will still be training with Pete and hopefully some good sub guys but I feel my biggest weakness will be taken care of in Oregon.
2/23/04 9:35 PM
TV

Team Quest is a great choice to improve your wrestling. How you fit in everything with your schedule, I don't know, props to you. It ain't easy is it?
2/24/04 12:37 AM
WestsideStrangler
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-04
That is the hardest thing about being me...Well, and getting off my back :)
2/24/04 12:34 PM
bustyourleg

That is what catch is all about team quest is just going to show you the same stuff that you see them do on t.v. and nothing more I guarranty it,why not just go train with frank shamrock he is also catch wrestler like tony ceccine just different views,getting off my back is a strong point for me if they posture I stand up,other wise I go to a keylock or guillotine but not to get the hold but just to get to my feet even if you only get part way to your knees you can at least go to sakuraba rolling kimura's that lead to keylocks,wristlocks,armbars,and if your legs are tangled kneebars and toeholds,not to many people use this move only guys Ive seen is karo,sak,frank,tony ceccine exellent defence to takedown and also to get up off the ground if you dont get the rolling kimura you can get the arm throw like remco pardo used to do which leads to the same options,my weakness is stand up and cardio.
2/24/04 12:56 PM
bustyourleg

if you think I dont know what Im talking about watch frank vs tito,sak vs anyone,tito vs couture where tito gets off his back once by using a kimura he did get taken back down after but he also did nothing with that kimura,point being these guys are the best at getting off there back and that technique is what they use to get off there back frank and sak use it to get there subs from there Ive also seen randy use this to get off his back.good luck with team quest chris should be a good experience.
2/24/04 3:46 PM
nokuout
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf? Did I read your post wrong? Sounded like you were telling brennan how to roll into kimuras and keylocks to get up. If there's one thing chris needs to work on, it's definately his kimuras and keylocks.LOL I must be reading it wrong.
2/24/04 4:26 PM
bustyourleg

not telling him any thing but saying the guys who are the best at getting off there back use that escape to do so,chris of course knows those moves.
2/27/04 10:12 PM
ComputerWarrior

Edited: 27-Feb-04
Shit and l just bought Chris's Kimura DVD what a waste of money l could have bought yours bustyourleg.
2/28/04 8:53 PM
Hilnder12

Edited: 28-Feb-04
bustyourleg u gotta get off this tony c's balls already u make him sound like god wow he put out a set of tapes well so did Chris, all chris needs to do is train with people who can push him on a professional mma level, can this Tony C dude really do that all i have heard about him is his "Lost art of hooking" tapes.....
3/2/04 1:30 AM
Embalmer

Edited: 02-Mar-04
Don't be so hard on bustyourleg... He just wants to see one of the most exciting fighters of our time become even better. In his mind Tony Cecchine seems to have a lot to offer Chris. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Its up to Chris to decide. I do know that if he ever pulled off some of those crazy moves Tony C. does on his tapes THAT SHIT WOULD BE BADASS. PRIDE would go BAMMM! Here you go Mr. Brennan sign here for another 4 fight deal! LOL
3/2/04 1:51 AM
bustyourleg

sorry guys didnt mean to make people pissed I wont metion tony any more chris is awesome.
3/2/04 9:52 AM
WestsideStrangler

I am not sure who to take serious on this thread. I am sure Tony is good but he is pretty far for me to go train there for my next fight not knowing for sure. I am going to Oregon for sure for my next one to train with Team Quest and see how that goes.
3/2/04 1:25 PM
UD180

Team Quest is great. Why don't you consider something closer to home like rAw? Rico, Vladdy, Trigg are all good wrestlers.
3/3/04 1:27 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 03-Mar-04
I heard Trigg doesn't like me and I like to get away from home before my fights and forget about everything but my fight and Raw is still to close to home. plus Randy and them seem to have a knack for getting ready for each fighter specificly.
3/7/04 5:25 PM
flowslo

Edited: 07-Mar-04 05:22 PM
bustyourleg-I'm sure Tony is good but he could probably learn more from Chris than Chris could from him as far as NHB goes. Also I'd be interested in hearing about what bjj blackbelts Tony taps out easily. I know tony's got good stuff, hell I do lucky 13 occationally but lets not get crazy. Bjj blackbelts are beatable but there also tuff as hell and with Tony's health problems and lack of competition record I'm not sure that comment is even worth making. I've herd nothing but good things about Tony and his material but I think it would be like going to a straight bjj school for NHB material, there are just better choices (team quest, american top team, Miletich.)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.