UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Attn: Seamus

3/9/04 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Mar-04
Modern Self-Defense Center

Since royharris.com seems to be down, I will leave my semi-cryptic message here: -I received your package today. Thank you! It is awesome! I love it. I have not laughed so hard in quite some time. How silly we were! Maybe 2004 will be our year... Thank you for the gift, my friend. I look forward to seeing you again soon! Tell Shannon that Hope and I said "hi!" ~Twinkletoes PS - I do not know if I have your current email--is the batman email the good one?
3/9/04 6:29 PM
Croft
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Mar-04
TTT for TT's forbidden package of mystery.....
3/10/04 1:11 AM
Adam LaClair

Edited: 10-Mar-04
ImposeYourWill.com

Seamus,

I examined my package to day, as well!!  LOL at the contents!!

My, we have come a long ways, haven't we?  I share all of the rest of Twinkletoes' sentiments and thoughts.

Thank you my friend, and I'll see you soon.

Adam

3/10/04 2:24 AM
beauregard

Wow my first Attn: Seamus Thread. Thanx TT. 12 Taps and a shoe tie. I'll E-mail both of you with my updated info and a request for a review. I'm hoping to get more involved in Digital Video editing and I would appreciate your input on my editing style. Croft - I videotape all of the matches that I, and the other East Coast Roy Harris instructors, have with Mr. Harris. I finally had access to a Powerbook and I was able to edit all of it together and send it out to the guys. One clip I put togehter was a string of Mr. Harris tapping us all out, and a little joke on TT. :) If Mr. Harris is cool with it I would like to put that clip on my website, but I'm going to give him some time to get caught up on his E-mail before I write him about it. Take care all. Seamus
3/10/04 8:34 AM
Croft

:)
3/10/04 9:44 AM
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seamus, I got your email and will update my address book. As much as the joke is on me, I just love that clip. It's sooooo funny and I'm sure it's going to haunt me for the rest of my jiujitsu days. Maybe when I'm a big famous black belt I could have a frame blown up to a poster and hang it in my gym. Maybe. :-) See you in Vermont, my friend! ~TT
3/10/04 10:45 AM
jonpall

Any chance you might post that video on the internet for us to laugh at? ;)
3/10/04 12:18 PM
Adam LaClair

ImposeYourWill.com

Twinkletoes,

It will no longer haunt you when you reach full closure with it - i.e. You have the skills and ability to do the same thing to others!! :-)

Seamus,

Got the email - thanks. 

See you all in Vermont next month!!

Adam

3/24/04 1:47 PM
twinkletoesCT

Edited: 24-Mar-04
So now that we've had some time and I'm sure we've all watched it a few more times, is anyone else as depressed as I am? :-) I mean, I watch it and just think "I have a looooooong way to go." Sometimes I watch the other matches and see if I would have done anything differently, but often I can't think of anything I would have done that would have worked better than what they did. It's a good thing I'm not the type to quit. This might be really disheartening if it weren't so fun to watch. ~TT PS - Seamus, I like your editing style. Someone asked where you found the song that's dubbed over the 12 taps chapter. What's it called?
3/24/04 11:43 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-04
Seamus, THAT DVD ROCKS! Roy Harris
3/26/04 6:23 PM
beauregard

Edited: 26-Mar-04
Thanx Mr. Harris. I'm glad you like it. Digital Video is another area that you have inspired me in. All I need is a Powerbook and a BJJ black belt for complete world domination!!! TT, That song is from the first fight scene in The Matrix Reloaded. It's him. The Anomoly. Do we Proceed? Of course... He is still..Only human. Thanx for the Kudos Guys. Hopefully there will be lots more to come. Take care. Seamus
3/27/04 10:32 PM
twinkletoesCT

Edited: 27-Mar-04
Sweet. Thanks Seamus. ~TT
3/12/09 4:16 PM
Seamus619

twinkletoesCT - Sweet. Thanks Seamus. ~TT
You are very welcome! :-)

3/13/09 9:33 PM
Adam LaClair

ImposeYourWill.com, Owner
 WOW!  Is THIS an old thread, or what??!! 

Great memories, though. :-)
5/3/10 6:49 PM
Seamus619

Edited: 05/03/10 6:57 PM
5/3/10 10:07 PM
twinkletoesCT

Modern Self-Defense Center, Head Instructor
lol @ seeing this thread again. ha.

The clip is Mr. Harris holding me (back when I was a white belt) in the Triangle Choke control position and as I struggle to escape, he STOPS TO TIE HIS SHOES, and I cannot escape.

Good times. :)
5/6/10 1:14 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What??????????????? I don't remember that.

Hey, did you receive permission from the Commander in Chief to attend the Jiu Jitsu fest in Calgary, AB, Canada this weekend? I'd love to see you there - especially with the BDB crew.

PLUS, Ultimate Fighter participant Nick Ring, a BDB student, will be there on Saturday evening to hang out with us.

Also, Sunday's training will be devoted to THREE HOURS of questions and answers for Harris International Instructors Only! I'm hoping the instructors will bring notebooks chalked full of questions - cuz I'm ready to let the new stuff (and a few of the old secrets) come flying outta my mouth :-))

If not, maybe I'll see ya in Rochester next month? Kyle has asked me to teach both days on leg locks - MY ROOTS. So that should be interesting!

Roy
5/6/10 3:21 PM
twinkletoesCT

Don't worry if you don't remember it--it has been immortalized on video for all time. :) :)

I was going to come to Calgary this weekend but didn't have the cash set aside for another trip, so I'll see you in Rochester...and Erie again in July...and maybe Quebec in July...and Connecticut in August...and Erie in October... :)

Leglocks in Rochester sounds GREAT. I'm looking forward to it. The folks here would like to know if you'd be willing to teach BOTH days on "posture under side" when you're here in August.

Man, instructors only time??!?!? If only Calgary weren't so far away...

OH, and five people here want the Phase 1 FMA course after you described it to Scott and I in Erie last month. :) Maybe I should find a few more and see what we can do... (Also, we should schedule another Apprentice Grappling course here, if you're game. Fall? Winter? Early 2011?)

Have fun this weekend! Tell Brian, Sheila, Rich, Mel, and Roy Dean that Hope and I said "Hi!"

~Chris
5/9/10 1:34 AM
Roy Harris

Edited: 05/09/10 1:34 AM
 Chris,

Leg locks in Rochester is a go! I'm looking forward to presenting it.

In today's BJJ Camp in Calgary, I just taught the entire day on the straight footlock. People never knew there were so many details. Then at the end of the session, it was an open end Q&A and rolling session. I had fun answering their questions and rolling with several participants.

In Connecticut, I will teach "Posture" on both days, but I will make it s combination of posture from the main three positions:

• Mount
  • Side mount
  • Guard

I have some new stuff you guys and gals haven't seen just yet. So I might as well "Let the cat outta the bag!"

Also, people will need to bring their gi for Sunday. I'll have a special treat for those who do ;-)

With regard to the Phase 1 Filipino Martial Arts Course, I'm game!

With regard to the Apprentice Grappling Instructor Course, the winter or early 2010 work best for me. My seminar schedule picked up recently. For the rest of the year, I now have seminars in:

Rochester, NY

Sherbrooke, QC, Canada

Lethbridge, AB, Canada

Middletown, CT

Milano, Italy

Jakarta, Indonesia

Melbourne, Australia
Bend, Oregon

Chennai, India

Erie, PA

Central California

Northern California

Trondheim, Norway

I will tell Brian, Sheila, Rich, Mel and Roy Dean that you and Hope said "Hi."

Talk with you soon,

Roy

5/10/10 12:59 AM
beauregard

Posture on both days sounds great Mr. Harris. I'll be there.

Seamus
5/10/10 5:43 AM
Adam LaClair

I still tell my students about the shoe-tying episode on occasion.  Good times!

Posture is always a good topic - I always try to make it to the Middletown seminars, family and finances allowing, and Rochester is little more than a two hour drive for me now.  Probably won't make it to BOTH the Rochester and Middletown seminars this year though.... just lost my 2nd job in six months due to this economy and cutbacks, and gotta work around the wife's schedule and taking care of my baby son..... Leglocks or posture....  that's gonna be a tough decision!!

Looking forward to hopefully making it to the course in Erie in July.  Was all set till I lost my job - now back to scraping for funds again.  :(

What's different about the Filipino course vs. the JKD/FMA?  Curious.......

I miss ALL of you - I really need me a good "Harris International" training fix, and a good butt-whooping on the mats! LOL!

Adam

5/10/10 5:45 AM
Adam LaClair

P.S. Geez Roy, looks like you are almost back to full time on the seminar circuit again!!  You certainly do stay busy!!
5/10/10 10:28 AM
twinkletoesCT

Sounds great, Roy. Thanks! (I have already begun playing with the posture information you shared in Erie, and am ecstatic about a whole seminar on it!)

Adam & Seamus - I look forward to seeing you guys soon!

~Chris
5/11/10 11:16 PM
Roy Harris

Adam,

Change is in the wind! There's a lot of new stuff around the corner. I just haven't said anything publicly. More news coming in July.

Roy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.