UnderGround Forums

Enson Inoue >> Enson, Q: about training in Japan

3/14/04 9:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Murakumo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Mar-04

Enson, I have just some questions... I don't post around here much, but I'm always looking around. This summer, I'm finally getting to Japan... I should be there for around 2 months, from the middle of July, until the middle of September. The first month, I will probably be up on Hokkaido, maybe 30-40 minutes outside of Sapporo. After that I'm going down to Kyoto in the middle of August, and I will be there probably until Septermber 16th or 17th. I was wondering if you knew any good places to train in Sapporo, and is the Purebred gym in Kyoto a good place to stop by? My main reasons for going to Japan are to learn more about the culture, and to get better at speaking/reading/writing Japanese. I'm looking at becoming an English teacher (or something) over in Japan after I finish college. So, this summer, I will be pretty busy, and I don't think I can train often. But, I would like to drop by some gyms if I can. Also, I will have some money, but not a whole lot. And since I could only stop by a gym maybe a few times, I'm worried that any costs for sign-ups, monthly dues, fees, etc. could be too expensive for me. Is there anywhere I could stop by just a couple times without having to pay hundreds of dollars? Lastly, do you know if you might be at the Kyoto Purebred gym later this summer? I love the effort you put into your fights and admire your determination. If I would be honored if I could meet you sometime this summer. Also, I speak enough Japanese to get by, if that makes a difference for anything. Also, I'll probably get much better at Japanese while I'm staying in Japan. I'm not sure if this will affect who I can speak to or ask about training. I still have some difficulty with kanji and more complex speech, but my girlfriend can help me out with those. So any information I can get would be good (from you, other people, websites, or anything), even if it is in Japanese. Sorry for the long post. But fighting is one big reason that I want to get to Japan (when I go permamently-- after college), and I would be so thankful if you could help me with some information. -Thank you so much, Enson.
4/20/04 6:02 PM
Murakumo

Edited: 20-Apr-04
ttt... Anything, anyone?
4/21/04 8:45 AM
krikit

Edited: 21-Apr-04
http://www.x-shooto.jp/gyms/ , here are a list of gym some of them are in the Sapporo/hokkaido area, and yes Purebred Kyoto is a good place to stop by. http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete-Samos/7499/ , thats the website of the Kyoto gym.
4/23/04 4:18 AM
Sothy

Edited: 23-Apr-04
he has been away with his fight, but from what I remember from his posts, Enson seems to spend quite a bit of time in Kyoto as he likes to visit all of his schools... having said that, the fight scene in Tokyo is where you have to go in the long-run as most of the gyms are there.
4/23/04 4:56 AM
Enson1967

Edited: 23-Apr-04
Post your email and we`ll hook up at one of my gyms for sure...
4/25/04 4:44 AM
Murakumo

Edited: 25-Apr-04
Thanks a ton... my e-mail is Duhazlym@hotmail.com I'm really excited to be going to Japan this summer, and now even more than than before. Thanks again, and krikit, thanks for the gyms' infos. ~Curtis

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.