UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Good Jpnse BJJ books or magazines?

3/17/04 8:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
estanmilko
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-04

Hey, my brother is in Japan at the moment, he comes back next week and he's agreed to buy me 6,000 yen or so of books and magazines. Does anyone over there have any recommendations of (especially books) anything for me to ask for? I'm mainly interested in technique books by guys who don't have anything out in the west. Thanks
3/17/04 8:32 PM
JDee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-04
Right near the Korakuen Hall,(Suidobashi) is a good book/magazine store that has shit loads of great mags,books & videos! Also TOWER Records, Shibuya, on the 7th floor has an excellent English language book selection. On the left hand side of the counter is a "fight/wrestling" section. Check that out. Hope that helped. - Juggs
3/20/04 12:16 PM
estanmilko

Edited: 20-Mar-04
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something but that seems to have no relevance to my question.
3/21/04 11:26 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 21-Mar-04
Yuki Nakai did some good BJJ instructional books in Japanese. I think Naoyuki Taira may have also.
4/23/04 2:14 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 23-Apr-04
How about Japanese sambo manuals? I know Shodai Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama did one. How was it? Did Abe or anyone else do one? Are they any good? Good sambo books are scarce in English, and Russian ones, except Sambo A to Z, are harder to obtain, though Sambo Steve once told me that Russian Judo was good.
6/16/04 8:15 PM
MMAsafumi

Edited: 16-Jun-04
Victor Koga's "Korega Sambo da!", meaning "This IS Sambo!", is a cool book. Also, two sets of Vital Judo are popular. Not a book, but Kashiwazaki Katsuhiko's video called Newaza De Katsu Judo (Winning in Judo with Newaza) must be awesome. It's a video version of the book with the same title by Kashiwazaki, but... hey, you know which is comprehensible, seeing or just reading what he does, right?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.