UnderGround Forums

On The Fridge >> Be nice!

3/17/04 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tulkaº
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-04

Once Upon a Time is Now ------------------------------------------------------ "Once upon a time" is how it's started And on it tells of men brave-hearted It tells of deeds done with great powers And of sad maidens locked in lone towers. ------------------------------------------------------ With mouth wide open and eyes awakened Sits still the boy his fancies taken In his mind he sees them rage He sees fierce dragons leap from the page. ------------------------------------------------------ Now with the "ever after" read It is at last the time for bed And once the chided pleas are mended To sleep he goes; his day is ended. ------------------------------------------------------ A bright new sun goes through its paces To shine upon the loved small faces And on until the next moon rises A new story told with fresh surprises ------------------------------------------------------ We read about knights true and humble And all the beasts they make to stumble They win the day and quell some fear They bring some hope to all who hear. ------------------------------------------------------ "All stories end! It makes me sad" "I want a cause to fight for dad" "To be a knight with armor and shield" "With belt and helm and sword to wield." ------------------------------------------------------ "I want to save the maiden fair" "I want to charge the dragon's lair" "To be a hero tried and true" "And do all the things the bravest do." ------------------------------------------------------ "With tears of joy I hear your word" "For, son its time that you have heard" "I am a knight sent by the Lord" "Faith is my shield, His Word my sword." ------------------------------------------------------ "Once upon a time" is now I say And on we fight this very day With deed of love done with God's power The defeat of sin came at that hour. ------------------------------------------------------ God freed us all with His one Son And on the cross the war was won A mortal wound to sin was dealt But on sin rages; temptation is felt. ------------------------------------------------------ With eyes now open and mind waking Sits still the boy his body shaking For in his mind he sees them plain He sees fierce sins that cause great pain. ------------------------------------------------------ "This war will end! It makes me glad" "To have a cause to fight for dad" "To be a knight with armor and shield" "And with His Word a sword to wield." ------------------------------------------------------ "I can go and save the maiden fair" "And go and charge the Serpent's lair" "And be a hero tried and true" "And do all the things the bravest do". ------------------------------------------------------ "To be a knight true and humble "And to lift up all who stumble" "To use God's Word to quell all fear" "To bring true hope to all who hear." ------------------------------------------------------ "Once upon a time" is now it's true Take your sword, know what to do Battle always with all forms of sin And rest in Christ for power to win!
12/10/05 9:34 PM
IDNST
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Dec-05
be
12/20/05 11:14 PM
SD Cartel
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-05 11:16 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.