UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Questions about Guam

3/18/04 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Mar-04

I posted this thread here becuase Chris and NG went to Guam for some fights recently and I saw Chris post that Buck Greer will be fighting in Guam in May. Anyway I got a cousin that went to Guam w/ his family this month (Air Force) and he will be there for a few years. I was just wondering about the fights and how you guys were recieved by the people of Guam. How much do the tickest cost to attend the event, and if you guys did anything out there for fun. (Just curious about the island becasue now I got some kin out there) He did tell me he heard about some strip clubs but he mentioned that his wife would not let him in there, alluding to full service. He told me it was a lnog ass flight from Cali (14-16 hrs?) Any responses welcome.
3/18/04 8:34 PM
Embalmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Mar-04
I live on Guam. The local people are very friendly as long as you don't act like a dumbass and abuse the island and its people. I think Chris and Zack went jet skiing and did other water stuff while they were here. The MMA events are usually held at the Univesity of Guam fieldhouse which seats around 4000 but they pack around 5000+ in that place during a MMA event. Tickets are usually around 20 bones. MMA is really popular here and they are *eh umm* passionate about the local fighters. i.e. I remember Chris was reffing and he stopped a match cause the local favorite got KO'd. So a bunch of ignorant people that were pissed at the stoppage started throwing beer and trash at Chris. It was embarassing really. But Chris, being the class act he is, handled the situation well. He just looked at he people that threw the shit and gave them a WTF look and they cut there shit out quick. Stip Clubs are nude but there is No Sex in champange room. The Massage parlors may be a different story when it comes to that though. Personally, I wouldn't go to either. I also want to say that I have lived here for 3+ years and I LOVE it here. This a beautiful place and I have made many good friends here. Training partners aren't hard to find and the jiu-jitsu is good. I am looking forward to Chris and Zack visiting again.
3/19/04 10:58 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-04
I will be back in MAy and I loved it there. I was there for 2 weeks and we jet skied, Eat great food, were put up in sick hotels, and treated great until my bad call :) I can't wait to go back. Your family should be in good hands. Email me if you have any questions. chris@chrisbrennan.com
3/19/04 12:57 PM
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-04
thanks for the responses guys, I am glad to hear about your positive experiences. I don't think I will make it out to visit them because of the cost to travel is a little high for me. I will let him know about the fights but I am not sure if it is something that would interest him, he sure did talk about going fishing out there. Thanks agian.
3/20/04 7:59 PM
whiskey9

Edited: 20-Mar-04
massage parlors are cool
3/21/04 5:20 PM
Embalmer

Edited: 21-Mar-04
Man, fishing is very badass here. Last time I went fishing with my friends we caught over 13 Mahi-mahi (dolphin fish) and a few Wahoo-Wahoo (fish you make fish tacos with). We sold most of it and made over 600 dollars. Of course we broke even after the boat charter but it was a great day. Maybe Chris will come fishing with us next time he's here ;)
3/22/04 2:15 AM
evad6317
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Mar-04
FYI, sometimes there's sex in the champaign room.... or the loading dock of the G-Spot! Sorry couldn't resist.
3/22/04 5:49 PM
whiskey9

What's going on in May?
3/22/04 6:28 PM
Embalmer

There are 2 MMA events in May like 7 days apart. I think NG will have 2 or 3 fighters representing. I could be wrong though.
3/22/04 10:45 PM
Johnny Ringo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cannot begin to express how hospitable the people of Guam were. I loved every minute of it. Eli, Big John, Uncle Joey, and so many more were so awesome!! They really treated us better than most people in the states treat their own family members. GREAT GREAT people! And the event was awesome PXC baby!
3/24/04 3:16 PM
sandyholt

Edited: 24-Mar-04
I got married in Guam. Very nice place. Strange seeing how the native young women are so pretty and slim, then by the time they hit 30ish they are huge... Kinda like most Americans.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.