UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Match w/ Laimon?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/19/04 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bdussy5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-04

Chris, I'm a huge fan and I bought all your dvd's at Island. My favorite set is the kimura one. I know you are deadly with it and I was hoping I could ask you some questions. In your match against Marc, you went for the kimura from half, but he was able to go around you for the armbar (I heard you had been driving all night and you were exhausted). My opponents in class are doing the exact same thing from my half guard when I go for the kimura. I also start it from shin across stomach, than I reach over and go for it. They step over the way Marc did and take my arm. Is there something you can do to stop this? I hope you don't mind me talking about the match, I was hoping I could know what you would do different to stop it. I love watching your fights, keep up the good work.
3/19/04 2:48 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that is one of my favorite moves as well. I got a taste of ym own medicin. You need ot make sure you have the leg hooked on the same side he will be passing to so that you can prevent him from passing. If he is getting around you need ot bridge and roll to sweep him and get your knee across his stomach before he beats you to it. The guy that gets the knee across the stomach first gets the armbar. Marc got the armbar.
3/19/04 2:52 PM
bdussy5

Okay, awesome. If I can't hook his leg to stop him from passing, I better get ready to either bridge or slide my knee in. Got it. Thanks again Chris! Good luck in all your future fights.
3/19/04 2:57 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kimura is tricky. You need to know when to hold it and you need to know when to let go. If you hold to long they might catch your arm. Sometimes you gotta bail and set it up again.
3/20/04 3:00 PM
bustyourleg

Edited: 20-Mar-04
do your new dvds have the 10 fingerguillotine with the armtrapped because I really want to know this move Ive seen only a few guys do it and tap guys so I want to learn proper machanics.
3/20/04 5:19 PM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 20-Mar-04
No sir they don't. I do it very well but the videos were actually filmed about 2 years ago and just now made it to DVD. I will be filming a whole new series very soon.
3/22/04 2:30 AM
BABYWESTSYDE

Edited: 22-Mar-04
see Brennan vs Hogan KOTC 10. Same thing but from a slightly different position starting on the feet. It is text book.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.