UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Ordered BJJ201 in Feb... ?

3/20/04 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PitBullsRule
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-04

I've sent multiple emails and only received a couple od automated responses... So I thought I'd give it a shot here... I bet you are busy. Hope your trip went well. I sent an email to this address last week and a couple to the boa address, but I havent heard back yet. I ordered the BJJ201 DVD over the phone at the end of February - you mentioned it would be shipped out Saturday, Feb 28th. I still havent received anything. Order is under "Conrad Hernandez" in San Antonio, TX.
3/20/04 10:03 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conrad, I have tried (through numerous posts and automated e-mails) to get people to understand that I can only do so much and that I am doing all that I can. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting this point across. So, in order to keep customers satisfied, I will need to hire someone to help me keep up with the demand. Unfortunately, this will raise the prices of my instructionals. For the past couple of years, I have tried to keep the prices fairly reasonable and do everything myself. However, with all of the demands that are now being placed on my life, I can no longer do everything myself. I now know that I will need to hire help. When I get to the academy tomorrow, I will look for your e-mail and answer it before I answer any others. Sincerely, Roy Harris pfs@sprintmail.com
3/20/04 11:06 PM
PitBullsRule
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy, You know... I deeply respect your teaching. You sound as if I don't understand that you are busy. On the contrary. I've been trying to get a response and doing so in a way that I thought was respectful, courteous and patient. If emails are not being responded to, don't you agree that one should post here? You mentioned having numerous emails dropped from your email provider. I'll leave it at that and wish you a good weekend. Sincerely, -Conrad
3/21/04 2:47 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-04
Conrad, I know that you understand that I am busy. However, I want you (but more so others) to think about what I am about to write: If I request something of you, and you tell me you are busy right now but will get back to me when you can, I have to accept the fact that you are busy. I also have to accept the fact that I am going to have to wait my turn, especially since others have come before me. Yes? If, after finding out that you are busy, I request something of you again, what does that imply? Nothing is for sure, but what does it imply? Also, if after finding out that you are busy, I request something of you a second time, however this time I preface my question by saying, "I know you are busy, but can you do this for me?". What does that imply? I understand that you may have thought that maybe your e-mails could have been dropped by my server. That is reasonable and I accept that. However, I need for everyone to allow me the opportunity to catch up. Yes, I know that internet people do not like to wait......but, I need to catch up. I am trying my hardest to catch up and maintain my other responsibilities. Additionally, because these types of exchanges are occuring on public forums, I will be receiving more e-mails/requests because of them. Why? Because when someone sees that I have personally responded to another person's request to solve a problem on a public forum, they assume that I am now accessible and send me an e-mail to ask me to do something for them or answer a question for them. When I don't respond right away, they'll send a second or third e-mail. And then, a few of them will post their question on this forum and the cycle will start all over again. I know because I have been through the cycle twice before. I am writing all of this now to bring understanding to the whole picture. I am trying to help people see my side of the picture. (Trust me, I understand your side of the picture. You have been inconvenienced and want me to answer your simple questions. I understand that. However, all I am simply trying to state is this: Others before you have asked me to help them resolve their problems. Please allow me the time to take care of their requests.) I do not feel as though any of your actions were malicious. I simply wanted to bring clarity to the issue because it keeps happening. Once I solve the whole issue by hiring a person, I will be glad when I am all caught up and can do what I love to do (and have a social life once again). Conrad, have brought some clarity to this issue? So, for anyone reading this post: If you have a question about a video order from Harris International that has not been delivered, send it to me now at pfs@sprintmail.com. If you receive an automated response, know that I have received your e-mail and will respond to it. Sincerely, Roy Harris P.S. I will be interviewing two potential personal assistant's this week. I hope to bring someone on board by April 1, 2004! Woo-hoo ! )
3/21/04 1:53 PM
PitBullsRule

Comedian, "I'm sick of these ME ME ME GIVE GIVE GIVE NOW NOW NOW HURRY HURRY HURRY people." I'm not asking anyone to GIVE me anything. You know, I don't care for the type of person you describe either. However, in this situation, I am simply asking someone to look into an order. Maybe it fell behind a desk? Maybe it got sent to the wrong address? Maybe its on the way? Maybe it never got ordered? Maybe the CC didn't go through? Whatever. I would rather find out now that, opps 'we misspelled the address' rather than waiting 1 month or two to find that out. I'm trying to find an answer for myself as well as letting a supplier know about something that may have fallen through the cracks. It simple - its not an attack on anyone, its not someone trying to get something for free.
3/21/04 2:00 PM
PitBullsRule

Roy, Thanks for clarifying. You mentioned: "Also, if after finding out that you are busy, I request something of you a second time, however this time I preface my question by saying, "I know you are busy, but can you do this for me?". What does that imply?" The fact is I never knew you received those emails. I will make it even easier, as this was not meant as some attack. Its difficult to read people's intonation from a chat or email message. Please fill everyone elses order before mine. I look forward to getting it whenever I get it. Sincerely, - Conrad

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.