UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Severn Works?

3/24/04 2:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Travis Fulton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-04
Severn has a financial interest in keeping the works secret. Severn is a good guy though. His works are as follows: vs Kohler vs Japanese guy in U Japan vs Butterbean vs me in DZ and then 2 more that I am not at liberty to speak about. But I know for a fact that they were works. I can't tell though because I'd lose friends in the process. Other than that everything else Severn has done is legit. Wins over Oleg, Shamrock, Tank, Braga, Griffin, Conan, Neto, Buentello, Vale, Sims, and Eilers are very impressive. Not many people have defeated so many big names.
3/25/04 1:35 PM
Daimon Hellstrom

Edited: 25-Mar-04
Travis Fulton: Wasn't Severn's fight with "The Mountain" in Clash Of The Dragons 2 a work as well? It certainly looked like it.....And some people have said "The Mountain" was D-Lo Brown from the WWF.
3/25/04 1:38 PM
Travis Fulton

Im not sure, I havent even heard of that fight before so it may have been.
3/25/04 1:50 PM
Daimon Hellstrom

It's the obscure event which also had Frank Shamrock vs Eric Hebestreit in an old-style Pancrase rules match. Shamrock-Hebestreit was legit. For the Severn "fight" they put a fence around the ring to make it a cage match, and it was supposed to be NHB. The fight looked too outrageous to be real, with "The Mountain" throwing Severn around at some points without any wrestling technique. They tried to make it look like the guy's so strong he was throwing Severn around with brute strength, but Severn overcomes his opponent's strength and comes back to win. I think the event occurred in Keith Hackney's hometown.
3/25/04 1:53 PM
Travis Fulton

Yeah sounds like a work. What other fights took place on the card? Which ones looked legit? Were they all pancrse rules other than the Severn fight? What year was this?
3/25/04 2:21 PM
Daimon Hellstrom

I don't remember who were in the other matches.....But I'm pretty sure the rest of the fights were old-style Pancrase rules. There might have been kickboxing matches on the card as well, but I can't remember. It's from back in '95 or '96. It was definitely before Frank Shamrock ever fought in closed-fist MMA.
3/25/04 7:14 PM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I remember his fight with Pat Miletich was suspected as a work, but since they both fight pretty slow. I'd rather have the occasional work than great fighters getting fucked over on JDs.
3/25/04 8:08 PM
Travis Fulton

A guy asked me if I would come and box at his gym in Cedar Rapids. I cant remember his name. Im sure there are quite a few good ones though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.