UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Nippon Kempo armour

3/24/04 9:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Banks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-04

Hi everyone, Before my Judo/Sambo class, I witnessed some guys training in Nippon Kempo armour. I looked like fun, so I asked if I could join in. I think Nippon Kempo armour is a fantastic training aid. I think it is a great way to train for someone who is interested in training in mma type rules, without getting their face smashed in for work the next morning. I'm sure it would give lots of begginer students the confidence to train full contact more often. Has anyone else experienced this? What competition formats are there that utilise similar armour in full contact training? So far I only know of Nippon Kempo, and Ive heard Daido Juku is similar although they have no body protection. It would be great to hear your views on the subject. take care Matthew
3/27/04 6:19 PM
ShinobiApollo
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-04
I think Chuck Lidell was shown training in something similar in the Tito/Chuck documentary. SA
4/4/04 12:41 PM
ShiroRyu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Apr-04
I think training with Nippon Kempo protection gear for NHB or MMA sounds like a great idea.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.