UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Goal Orientation

3/24/04 11:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Armen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-04 10:54 AM

Hello Tony What is connection between "download directive" and "goal orientation"? Are they the same? I mean, how far how I understand, the download directive is setting some primary goal in your mind, which is sitting there waiting and poping out in confrontation momment. In your audio you mentioned "I wanna get home to my family" as a example of "download directive". Is "be your own bodyguard" principle is also goal setting? Thank you
3/25/04 7:48 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 25-Mar-04
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Hi Armen, Im not famliar with the term 'download directive' is that something I used in a tape ??? If so Im getting old :-) Maybe its something I used as a computer metaphor but its not a part of our system's nomenclature :-) BYOB is many things; a mind-set, a principle, an attitude, a course titel of are's its even a brand name for a video package :-) but I wouldnt classify it as goal setting, goal setting is directive specific, like safety, escape, to more specifc focus like, move , circle, get in, to tactical specificity like, strategizing a specifc counter at a specifc moment. In other words, your goals can be global and macro depending on where you are in the fight and they can be congruent & work together. TOny
3/26/04 8:40 AM
Sean Mulligan

Edited: 26-Mar-04
It was indeed a computer metaphor...I believe the text refered to the mind as being the hard drive while your personal and professional directives were software to be downloaded when the situation dictates, hence 'download directive'. The directive isn't a goal per say, but a mission statment that kicks in, motivating a legal and justified action that should support your plan. The plan itself should take into consideration and identify your goal for the situation/scenario. It's a vicious circle that works together in what we refer to as "decisive decision" making and can be found in BTCMS "Cycle of Behavior". If you're looking for more information on this process, it's available on the "Pefomance Enhancement Psychology" audio and the Women's 'Rapesafe'(don't let the name fool you, it's full of alot of valuable information for anyone's fight) video. Hope that this makes sense to you... Sean Mulligan BTS LEO Training Team
3/26/04 10:12 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 26-Mar-04
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Phew, thanks Sean. TOy
3/28/04 1:36 AM
Armen

Edited: 28-Mar-04
Tony, Sean thank you. Armen

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.