UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> which branch=best opportunities

4/19/04 2:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Apr-04
If you aren't going to do something combat arms related then join the AF and save yourself a whole lot of heartache. Just one Marines opinion.
4/19/04 1:15 PM
Dark Knight
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Army has so many jobs, you cannot say that another service is better or worse. I am in the Army, right now I'm a contracting officer. I can find hundreds of jobs doing what I do that pay very well. I will never go without a job due to my skills. Go to USA Jobs and look under the 1102 job series. Thats just federal not including state, county or city. Then how many corporations need my skills. I negotiate contracts, I purchase everything. Lets talk leadership. You can go into any service and get a skills in a job. In the Army you will be put in leadership positions. A guy with no college can find himself incharge of 20, 30 .... people in a very short time. Go apply for a warehouse supervisor position and have on his application he manged 20 personnel in a warehouse of millions of dollars of supplies, or supervised a shift of MP's or and endless amount that will open management jobs for you. In the Army you will eventually be in a leadership position. This is going to make you worth money.
4/19/04 9:27 PM
grambo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"everybody voice your thoughts/opinions please." I wouldn't suggest to anyone who had a 123 gt to join the marines, especially since you sound like you want to do something technical. But I doubt you're listening since nearly everyone on here has already suggested the air force or the army.
4/19/04 10:58 PM
vampire03

MikeFL125, great choice. It's not about the living qtrs., the oppurtunity for education(but w/ your mos you'll have plenty of time for that). The reason one should join is to serve his/her country honorably.If education or fine living is a great concern for anyone, don't waste your time or ours in any branch of the service. Like I said before that's the wrong reason's to do it... GOOD LUCK!!! BTW, RECON takes any mos nowadays, so there's an extra challenge for ya, and no you don't have to be in there for a couple of enlistment's to get alot of schools , you just have to bust your ass and prove your worth the time to send. Just a side note, I have a buddy that got outta the CORPS and joined the A.F., and honestly hates it. Reasons unknown, just not his cup of joe I guess. SEMPER FI Seate C.R. SGT./U.S. MARINES P.S. NOTE; MARINE is all caps,always.
4/22/04 6:53 AM
woodlandssniper

Edited: 22-Apr-04
Get ready to deal with more bullshit than you ever imagined possible and it will have nothing to do with your job and fuck an a if you don't have to be in a couple of enlistments or be extremely lucky to get schools or just have really dirty knees
4/22/04 10:14 AM
vampire03

Edited: 22-Apr-04 10:26 AM
Hey woodlandssniper, have you ever worked a real job outside the military? Well just incase you haven't get ready for just as much bullshit if not more. Contrary to popular belief the people that you'll work around don't give a fuck that you were in the military and what you done while you were in. And as far as saying "well I'll just find me another job that's better" well you want keep to many jobs long. So the bullshit everywhere so just deal with it, did it say on your contract that you would'nt have to put up with any, it didn't say it on mine. As far as going to schools how many have you been too during your time in. Few or many , did you go to the one that really matters, SS school. you know the CORPS mentallity just as well as any other of us MARINES, "send him and he can come back and teach the rest of the guys". Besides they just ain't gonna send to many BOOTS to your more advanced schools. And the ones that do go are the moto ones and/or the ones that bust their ass and prove their worth. I've seen plenty of guys "that weren't suck dicks " get to go to some awesome schools. You wouldn't happen to be one of those guys you talked about in one of your other post, you know the jealous type or something to that effect. Maybe your pissed cause a BOOT came into your plt. kicked ass and got the school you wanted and now he's "got dirty knees".WTF dude get over the shit you sound like some of those fucking students I trained at S.O.I..
4/22/04 10:41 AM
woodlandssniper

A year and three months in i graduated ss sky was the limit so i was told i'm out in 6 months haven't been to another school since of all the snipers in my plt when i got there one had gone to sere school last i was told by my sncoic at ss it was a marine corp order that all 8541's attend yet the only ones who went in our bn were the intel clerk and some s shop lt. alot of good it will do them back at the coc meanwhile we have 11 snipers in our plt. deployed again in iraq none have been to sere is this some rare situation that just happened to occur in my battalion its possible but i doubt it so you know what i'm not gonna be the fuckn idiot whose bit twice i'm over it and moving on cause what i've described here is a grain of sand on a beach of bullshit that i've experienced in "the hardest marine corps" my ten yr old brother could probably beat the shit out of the kids you taught at soi
4/22/04 3:50 PM
vampire03

Well I seriously doudt that, but anyway, maybe it's a good thing you're on your way the door and believe me when I say this thanks you for your time and many sacrifices, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the wat out. If not going to S.E.R.E. school is a reason to get out then realize this you're about to step your ass on to the biggest fuckin beach of all, Goood Luck. And also believe this, you have'nt seen B.S. until you've worked as an instructor at S.O.I.. You get it from both sides , the students and what the CORPS dishes out. But like I said before it's everywhere, you'll never escape it. I've been out for three yrs. and wished everyday I had never gotten out, so now I'm trying to get back in(I was in for 7 as an 0311) . And I've worked several different jobs making great money, but the bullshit was there and not directed just at me but everyone, and especially the vets. Their mentallity was "YOU WERE IN THE MARINES/MILITARY YA'LL CAN DEAL WITH IT". But hey sounds as if you gotn it all figured out so again good luck and SEMPER FI...
4/26/04 11:53 AM
woodlandssniper

Edited: 26-Apr-04
yeah doubt it buddy its to my vast entertainment to make this shit up
4/26/04 1:15 PM
DevilDawg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Apr-04 01:14 PM
Boys, boys, boys!!! Stop fighting or I will have to spank you both. A military enlistment shouldn't be just about schools and billets but you have to remember these schools make better individuals which makes the unit better. Devil "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Dawg
4/30/04 12:00 AM
BzGrappla

Edited: 30-Apr-04
what about if i just want to shoot at the enemy? what branch and what field
2/9/11 10:45 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/11 11:03 PM
LOL at this thread. 7 years later and i'm a Marine on recruiting duty.
2/11/11 12:31 AM
BigPerv

How do you like Marine Corps Recruiting?
2/11/11 5:44 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...i wont discuss how i like recruiting in open forum.
2/13/11 1:10 PM
Road Warrior Fin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old thread is old but a good one!

2/16/11 11:54 AM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in the air force for six years then switched to the army and just retired. I wish I had started in the army. Look at rank progression rank equal money and type of work you will be doing. If u join the air force I hope u enjoy janitorial duties for 3 years at a bare minimum. Phone Post
11/8/11 2:35 AM
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if i wanted to join the usaf and be cct, i'd have to go open contract or open general or can i get 1 that was on my list accepted and apply for cct Phone Post
11/8/11 6:46 PM
DevilDawg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MikeFL152 - LOL at this thread. 7 years later and i'm a Marine on recruiting duty.

Wow! Has it been that long? Holy shit! What did you do before going into recruiting?
11/15/11 9:18 AM
MikeFL152

MOS is supply (blah) been in japan, korea, hawaii, thailand, etc. Hoping to be in San Diego this time next year, will be in promotion zone for SSgt come July.

BTW i ended up going open contract when I enlisted, it wasn't the end of the world obviously lol.
11/15/11 11:16 AM
DevilDawg

Good on ya!

You know a lot of guys I knew who went open contract would up in Supply, Admin or Motor T. Most people think that going in open contract will put you in the grunts, its never the case. There's always more than enough young men who want to go infantry.
11/23/11 3:07 PM
manzuri
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Army is the only branch I know of that will send you to basic then to college right after so you can be an officer. Phone Post
12/21/11 6:00 AM
Edan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no love for Navy? Phone Post
12/21/11 5:41 PM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

manzuri - Army is the only branch I know of that will send you to basic then to college right after so you can be an officer. Phone Post
Explain this please? Every branch can send you to college. The army does have the green to gold program, but it's not an instant deal. Phone Post
12/21/11 5:41 PM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edan - no love for Navy? Phone Post
I think you are more manly then the air force. Does that count? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.